Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Colombia v England - last 16 round - 03/07 at 19:00ko

17 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I must be 1 of the few people who thinks Lingaard is having a good tournament. Really don't understand why so many are slating him, he's really won me over this tournament

Same. A few months ago I’d have not entertained having him to start in the international side. Now he’s in on merit.

He’s quick and efficient and can pop up with a goal.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

So Vards was supposed to be at number 5 for the shootout but groin concern meant it was Dier...ahh well.

Had an injection but still a major doubt for Sweden

Either BBC or ITV had a close up of the players running off after the winning penalty and you can see Vardy holding his groin as they all run off (from memory!) I didn't think anything of it but now you've said it I guess it makes sense.

Yes we can actually win a game on penalties, absolutely brilliant. we should have defended better for the last five minutes of normal time and not let them back into it at the death but a great save by Pickford. their players were pretty dirty and there tactics were to get us to try and react and for the most part we thankfully stayed calm. we as England don't make things easy for ourselves but I suppose it just adds to the drama of being an England fan. Come on England.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Bet you were gutted when Dier scored @weller54

Absolutely!!!.. 

Deluded Spud fans now saying they can't be labelled bottlers?.. 

England have beaten Tunisia,  Panama and Colombia ffs!.. Hardly the world's best are they!!? 

Suppose Spud fans think this is a major triumph in their eyes! 

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

wouldnt it be a laugh if you wandered over grabbed the key and let yself in... maybe wearing a Shaquiri shirt :)

I might have made the school bit up tbf.

Are you getting confused with Shakira “ Hips don’t lie”Hot

and

Shaquiri “ Chips don’t lie”Not

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Well I'm sorry you can't enjoy it, genuinely, becasue if we make the semis or god forbid the final it will be the closest thing we'll get to reliving the title win. 

Close,but I still think it will be 2nd best.

Dont know about you,but the whole country feels the same on this one.

The Leicester win was us as individuals supporters.

Friends( especially us non Leicester living )neighbours,work colleagues all felt differently,I loved that part.

We won something that the majority couldn’t have.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Absolutely!!!.. 

England have beaten Tunisia,  Panama and Colombia ffs!.. Hardly the world's best are they!!? 

You are very strange lol this is England not spurs or Leicester you strange person 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Absolutely!!!.. 

Its the closest Spurs fans will get to winning a title let them enjoy it

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Well I'm sorry you can't enjoy it, genuinely, becasue if we make the semis or god forbid the final it will be the closest thing we'll get to reliving the title win. 

Really!? 

Can't see it like that at all. 

Its almost hard to enjoy the game when there is so much on the line, but im delighted we are through against a difficult and good opponent in COLOMBIA (if I see it spelled with a U one more time I think ill go nuts).

Weve got a formula, and a style of play that is working, no one could have begrudged us winning the game inside 90 mins had it not been for a superb headed equaliser, and the all round contribution of Harry Kane was exceptional.

Add into that the assured performances of Maguire and Stones, and Henderson being the glue that holds the team together, we have a strong spine.

We have impact from the bench in Rashford and Vardy

If we get Sterling and Alli to up their games, we have a fighting chance we really do

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

You are very strange lol this is England not spurs or Leicester you strange person 

Nothing strange really.. 

A..I'm more Welsh than English so wanting England to do well isn't that important. 

B. I'd rather Nigeria had done well as they had three Leicester players in the starting line up. 

C..why would I support a side full of verminous Spuds and the whole media spunking over Harry the horse Kane? 

Come on Sweden! 

30 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Nothing strange really.. 

A..I'm more Welsh than English so wanting England to do well isn't that important. 

B. I'd rather Nigeria had done well as they had three Leicester players in the starting line up. 

C..why would I support a side full of verminous Spuds and the whole media spunking over Harry the horse Kane? 

Come on Sweden! 

Venimous spuds hahaha get in the bin you absolute berk 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Venimous spuds hahaha get in the bin you absolute berk 

Liverpool fan at work wants England to lose because Harry Kane is the captain and he dived against them last season.

Utter weirdos mate.

33 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Nothing strange really.. 

Come on Sweden! 

I don't really understand the logic of why youd support someone elses nation who had 3 Leicester players in it, and not your own nation who have 2?

"Harry The Horse Kane"? Like, what is peoples actual problem? Hes the highest scoring English striker in the Premier League for the last 3 seasons, so you cant use the picking players in form excuse because he is in form, and hes currently leading the golden boot standings.

So hes a twat for being our best striker and leading the golden boot?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Donut said:

Its almost hard to enjoy the game when there is so much on the line, but im delighted we are through against a difficult and good opponent in COLOMBIA (if I see it spelled with a U one more time I think ill go nuts).

Weve got a formula, and a style of play that is working, no one could have begrudged us winning the game inside 90 mins had it not been for a superb headed equaliser, and the all round contribution of Harry Kane was exceptional.

Add into that the assured performances of Maguire and Stones, and Henderson being the glue that holds the team together, we have a strong spine.

We have impact from the bench in Rashford and Vardy

If we get Sterling and Alli to up their games, we have a fighting chance we really do

Tell us more of your concerns... "Doughnut"

;)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Liverpool fan at work wants England to lose because Harry Kane is the captain and he dived against them last season.

Utter weirdos mate.

And by his definition, he also wants Henderson and Alexander-Arnold to fail too who play for his club team.

Football don't half bring out the melt in some people

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Don't give a flying fvck what you think! 

Shouldn't you have said verminous, ie of vermin, like rats, rather than venomous, as in of animals who possess venom, like snakes?

You described the Spurs players as "venomous spuds"

I was fumbling with my keys trying to open the door to my building last night after the game, in the middle of Prague, street was dead quiet, I was babbling to my gf about the match.. ''Kane has taken, like, 4 penalties...''

And at that moment I heard an English voice right behind me, calmly triumpant, assured, even prophetic, ''and he scored 'em ****in' all''  and the bloke walked on with his bird in arm without breaking his gait, and we all laughed

I never see English people here, the timing of that and the odds of it happening, incredible

It was hilarious and joyful, really fuchin magic.  Feel like I cant fully describe how good it was

Something feels good about this World Cup

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi