Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Colombia v England - last 16 round - 03/07 at 19:00ko

29 minutes ago, Donut said:

Shouldn't you have said verminous, ie of vermin, like rats, rather than venomous, as in of animals who possess venom, like snakes?

You described the Spurs players as "venomous spuds"

I did say verminous!?... 

Describes them perfectly! 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Liverpool fan at work wants England to lose because Harry Kane is the captain and he dived against them last season.

Utter weirdos mate.

I have zero time for people like this, absolute drips of the highest order 

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I have zero time for people like this, absolute drips of the highest order 

She isn't in today but I was looking forward to telling her that 3 Spurs players scored penalties and the only Liverpool player to take one missed.

• Like 2

i see Mourinho has "slammed" Maguire for diving and calling for VAR during the game last night......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5917745/Jose-Mourinho-slams-England-defender-Harry-Maguire-diving.html

but if im correct, HM waved to the ref to say there was no contact when he went down........to say no pen, and imo HM was right to call for VAR in the headbutt incident on Henderson, since it was violent conduct

3 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

i see Mourinho has "slammed" Maguire for diving and calling for VAR during the game last night......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5917745/Jose-Mourinho-slams-England-defender-Harry-Maguire-diving.html

but if im correct, HM waved to the ref to say there was no contact when he went down........to say no pen, and imo HM was right to call for VAR in the headbutt incident on Henderson, since it was violent conduct

Maguire instantly waved his finger in a "no" gesture at the referee after his 'dive' and was more than in the right to ask that the Henderson headbutt be reviewed because it was clearly violent conduct.

Mourinho is utterly loathsome. A stain on the English game and I wish he'd **** off.

• Like 2

also noticed how some from South America are also calling England........a dirty teams, cheats, robbed colombia etc

must be going over my head or something but werent the Colombia players scuffing the penalty spot, got away with a headbutt, took must be like 10/15yrds from the free kick that lead to the shot that was saved from Pickford which lead to their corner, probably a few more things during the game too tbf

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

Tbf, I got a bit annoyed with Hoddle last night for going on about Maguire indicating it wasn't a pen, as if that should absolve him from punishment for the dive.

He should have been booked.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, weller54 said:

I did say verminous!?...

Correct.  Spuds can be verminous.  Rotten beyond saving.

219172293_VerminousSpuds.JPG.38df9ae86d3152cb7c90fa95bedc2d63.JPG               VerminousDele.JPG.8293c2add44782651aa54184750e7fee.JPG

n.b.  all others get a pass for the duration of this tournament.

Edited by KingsX

Harry Kane seems like a pretty difficult bloke to hate. He doesn't seem to go to the dark arts much, whenever he's interviewed he comes across as a fairly nice bloke who just wants to win football matches but understands it isn't the single most important thing in the entire universe, he actually delivers in an England shirt and seems to genuinely give a shit about playing for and leading his country...

I mean, for crying out loud, he's not even good-looking enough to hate him for that!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, weller54 said:

Nothing strange really.. 

A..I'm more Welsh than English so wanting England to do well isn't that important. 

B. I'd rather Nigeria had done well as they had three Leicester players in the starting line up. 

C..why would I support a side full of verminous Spuds and the whole media spunking over Harry the horse Kane? 

Come on Sweden! 

ohh you naughty naughty boy...your just teasing again, and the fish come along and bite..:fishing:

6 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Hate Spurs with a passion, but Harry Kane has totally earned my respect this tournament.

All England for the summer, aren't we?

Alli is still a twat though.

whooo tha..boy!!  Its a well known pub-fact....TWATS are very usefull and are known to send dickheads in a frenzy,and bellends nto a slippery uncontrolled

spasms...known to some has the door to unaccountable regrets,opportunities,and hangdog failures

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, TeePee said:

Harry Kane seems like a pretty difficult bloke to hate. He doesn't seem to go to the dark arts much, whenever he's interviewed he comes across as a fairly nice bloke who just wants to win football matches but understands it isn't the single most important thing in the entire universe, he actually delivers in an England shirt and seems to genuinely give a shit about playing for and leading his country...

I mean, for crying out loud, he's not even good-looking enough to hate him for that!

Tbf "swear on my daughter's life I touched it" when he clearly didn't, gotta be a bit of a spunktrumpet to do that.

Also, he's doing well for England and keeping Vardy out. Piss easy to hate the Butthead impersonator.

In Maradonas defence you could argue the ref did get the most important decision wrong in favour of England tbf - Kane wrestles Sanchez out of the way to get a free run, Sanchez wrestles back to stop him. It's 6 of one, half dozen of the other, hardly a penalty.

32 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

1639926006_Screenshot_20180704-212022_SkySports.thumb.jpg.4c90d3f8042e69922ff4fad19deeb959.jpg

He really is a fat coke-headed **** isn't he?

As I've said before, you're allowed to dislike him sure but I feel really uncomfortable with the way the British press vilify him. The man ain't right, he's ****ing ill, and the best thing to do would be just ignore him and leave him to it. 

Roll your eyes if you have to and go about your day. He's Gazza style off the reservation. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Tbf "swear on my daughter's life I touched it" when he clearly didn't, gotta be a bit of a spunktrumpet to do that.

Also, he's doing well for England and keeping Vardy out. Piss easy to hate the Butthead impersonator.

In Maradonas defence you could argue the ref did get the most important decision wrong in favour of England tbf - Kane wrestles Sanchez out of the way to get a free run, Sanchez wrestles back to stop him. It's 6 of one, half dozen of the other, hardly a penalty.

1. Can't disagree with that point. But, that's the only time, otherwise, the guy is a pretty good ambassador for the game, whether he's a Spurs player or not.

2. I don't think it should be easy to hate Kane because he keeps Vardy out. Much as I love Vardy, Kane is rightly Englands starting number 9. End of story.

3. Utter bollocks, your admitted dislike of and (what seems your) pathological need to disparage the England national team is getting the better of you there. Firstly, there's a huge difference between physical contact to try and get ahead of your opponent and actually putting both arms around someone, putting your full weight on them from behind when they get ahead of you and wrestling them to the floor. Secondly, the most important decision was really yellow carding a player for what is a red card offence every day of the week in todays football. That decision went against England. It's all hypothetical but you'd have to be a knob to argue that Colombia would have been likely to survive an early red card given England were much the better team for the 90 minutes before extra time.

I get that you are Scottish when it comes to international football but give it a rest fella.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, martyn said:

Tbf, I got a bit annoyed with Hoddle last night for going on about Maguire indicating it wasn't a pen, as if that should absolve him from punishment for the dive.

He should have been booked.

Totally agree. Maguire had a good game but I was disappointed with the 'penalty' incident. He expected contact, misjudged it, went down and should have been booked. Waving to say it was no penalty shouldn't have made a difference. 

6 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

1. Can't disagree with that point. But, that's the only time, otherwise, the guy is a pretty good ambassador for the game, whether he's a Spurs player or not.

2. I don't think it should be easy to hate Kane because he keeps Vardy out. Much as I love Vardy, Kane is rightly Englands starting number 9. End of story.

3. Utter bollocks, your admitted dislike of and (what seems your) pathological need to disparage the England national team is getting the better of you there. Firstly, there's a huge difference between physical contact to try and get ahead of your opponent and actually putting both arms around someone, putting your full weight on them from behind when they get ahead of you and wrestling them to the floor. Secondly, the most important decision was really yellow carding a player for what is a red card offence every day of the week in todays football. That decision went against England. It's all hypothetical but you'd have to be a knob to argue that Colombia would have been likely to survive an early red card given England were much the better team for the 90 minutes before extra time.

I get that you are Scottish when it comes to international football but give it a rest fella.

2. It is if you're thinking entirely on club terms. 

3. Kane had both arms around Sanchez to get past him. I don't much care for penalties in that case anyway, I like a good bit of argie-bargy in the box - contact sport and all that, but the only reason you lot think it's clear cut is because it's for your side. Fair, heat of the moment if say Fellani is in that situation with Maguire as Maddison swings the ball in in 5 1/2 weeks time I'd be crying for a penalty too - you want to win by hook or by crook - but really it's a soft call, and if you're honest one you'd be annoyed at if its given up the other end.