Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez replacements

7 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Do any ITKs have any clue at all? I think we all need a bit of  encouragement.

I know that there's a quite large football tournament in Russia right now with England and 2 of our players involved, and that may be the reason that not is being publicised (or happening?) transfer wise to avoid unwelcome distractions to the England team. The transfers of Vardy and Maguire are being kept very quiet.

gerrrinnn

42 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

have to agree with whats been said by a few, think Ziyech would be a decent replacement for Mahrez,

thought i read somewhere that he was coming to a team in the prem, was linked with Liverpool too i think but they are signing Shaqiri now

Gerrriiimmmiiinnnnnn

19 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

It's been VERY quiet on the transfer front for several weeks now. Wouldn't be surprised, going on previous windows, if we didn't even have a back-up plan.

We have been so well organised this transfer window until now, I really would be surprised if this were the case. I am sure it's just a case that they couldn't press ahead until Mahrez had gone. 

• Like 1

I guess there is also the slim possibility that we don't replace Mahrez and instead use his absence to give time to Diabate, Gray, Barnes and Albrighton, and that in Ricardo and Maddison we have replaced what he offered in different ways. That would be extremely risky if you asked me, but could be possible.

A problem we have to shake though is having the reputation of being a selling club. Mahrez and Kante were two of our three kings, but now we have Maguire and Ndidi who though not on the same level are really good and probably could get into at least the squads of teams in the top 4. We've got to dream and believe that one day we can win the league again, even if it never happens. In order to do that we have to both retain and attract talent. And if we lose Mahrez and don't appear to strengthen like-for-like it will be really hard to keep hold of players like Maguire.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Reliable itk I know says that we are in for jahanbakhsh or traore 

Couple of bits on Twitter saying that Jahanbakhsh is on his way over to England and it's between us and Brighton. No offence to Brighton... but not really seeing any competition there!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I guess there is also the slim possibility that we don't replace Mahrez and instead use his absence to give time to Diabate, Gray, Barnes and Albrighton, and that in Ricardo and Maddison we have replaced what he offered in different ways. That would be extremely risky if you asked me, but could be possible.

A problem we have to shake though is having the reputation of being a selling club. Mahrez and Kante were two of our three kings, but now we have Maguire and Ndidi who though not on the same level are really good and probably could get into at least the squads of teams in the top 4. We've got to dream and believe that one day we can win the league again, even if it never happens. In order to do that we have to both retain and attract talent. And if we lose Mahrez and don't appear to strengthen like-for-like it will be really hard to keep hold of players like Maguire.

You say you don't want us to be a selling club but then also say you think we will replace Riyad with Barnes, gray etc. Maguire & Ndidi will stay with us if they see we are heading the right direction, strengthening & have good players. We have £60m in the bank, spend it. 

40 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

You say you don't want us to be a selling club but then also say you think we will replace Riyad with Barnes, gray etc. Maguire & Ndidi will stay with us if they see we are heading the right direction, strengthening & have good players. We have £60m in the bank, spend it. 

I said we *might* not replace him. Not that we shouldn't.

I've gone on record several times saying we should spend as much of it as possible on a proven marquee signing, or as best as we can do in terms of who we can get. Riyad's importance in our team can't be underestimated. Vardy scored goal of the season, but who played the pass into him!?

But let's see what the club will do. It looks like we are trying to build a team with a young core.

Edited by StriderHiryu

Signing Federico Chiesa would be godly. But the jump to the Premier League may come too soon.

Yussuf Poulsen

Samu Castillejo (release clause of 30 million Euro (£26m))

Pablo Sarabia

Jesus Corona

Lucas Vazquez (touching the upper age limit)

Karim Bellarabi (touching the upper age limit)

Edited by MC Prussian

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

Couple of bits on Twitter saying that Jahanbakhsh is on his way over to England and it's between us and Brighton. No offence to Brighton... but not really seeing any competition there!

Yep. I would think we would be the better option.

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

They have been tracking him long term tbf