Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez replacements

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

Everton are stupid they paid about 40 million too much for Gylfi aswell.

I get that but they're in the marketplace spending these amounts. The Mahrez fee just rankles when you see the amounts being paid for footballers who couldn't dream of doing some of the things he can do. 

I'm well over the actual transfer, it was time to move on but another 20m would have been nearer the mark. C'est la vie.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

They have had over 12 months to get something ready! And still not done anything I just don’t get it at all! 

Our transfers, especially abroad are often kept fairly quiet. I'm sure it's being stepped up this week. There's no way we'll go in to the season without a proper replacement.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Our transfers, especially abroad are often kept fairly quiet. I'm sure it's being stepped up this week. There's no way we'll go in to the season without a proper replacement.

I hope you are right buddy ? would be the icing on the cake lol 

Starting to get slightly worried now, Iranian chap all but confirmed at Brighton and Malcom seemingly heading to Roma.

Are Gray, Diabate and Albrighton enough? Don’t want to end up with Musa at LW again :dunno:

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Who ever we get to play RW is doomed just from the thread title alone, we are not going to get a like for like player within our price range otherwise Mahrez would still be here and that player would be wearing a Man City shirt.

i would rather we got a hard working professional that has a trick or 2 in his locker if that's Roberts, AJ whoever then great I'll support them but I won't compare them to Mahrez, yes I will miss Mahrez but he's gone, thanks for the memory's and we move on.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts they say, whilst Mahrez could change a game in an instant he also wasn't a great team player with Simpson being his scape goat. He went missing in a lot of the dog fight games and whilst putting up a decent show against the likes of the Manchester, Liverpool types and then going missing against the teams that are around us didn't help our position only his.

Let's support whoever plays in that position because he's playing there for LCFC not because he's the first Brazilian or first £60m player we've bought.

Great post.

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Who ever we get to play RW is doomed just from the thread title alone, we are not going to get a like for like player within our price range otherwise Mahrez would still be here and that player would be wearing a Man City shirt.

i would rather we got a hard working professional that has a trick or 2 in his locker if that's Roberts, AJ whoever then great I'll support them but I won't compare them to Mahrez, yes I will miss Mahrez but he's gone, thanks for the memory's and we move on.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts they say, whilst Mahrez could change a game in an instant he also wasn't a great team player with Simpson being his scape goat. He went missing in a lot of the dog fight games and whilst putting up a decent show against the likes of the Manchester, Liverpool types and then going missing against the teams that are around us didn't help our position only his.

Let's support whoever plays in that position because he's playing there for LCFC not because he's the first Brazilian or first £60m player we've bought.

This is a bit like Kante and Ndidi. I think a lot of us are at fault for at times comparing the two, I know I am.

3 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Starting to get slightly worried now, Iranian chap all but confirmed at Brighton and Malcom seemingly heading to Roma.

Are Gray, Diabate and Albrighton enough? Don’t want to end up with Musa at LW again :dunno:

I'd not even be happy with those three in the Championship.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd not even be happy with those three in the Championship.

Malcom apart i'm not sure if any of those we are tenuously linked with are any better than what we already have.  Gray may well come good this year out of Mahrez's shadow.

Like every year, we won't necessarily know who we made enquiries about and who we didn't. Who wouldn't be released or who didn't even want to come and, because nobody has arrived just yet or before the first kick of the season, some on here always think it's down to the ineptness of our scouting and management team. The chances of them releasing anything to the media regarding nearly done or failed deals for the purpose of forum tittle tattle are about diddly squat. We couldn't possibly field, let alone afford all the players suggested on here.

In the end, having identified what they believe to be good and realistic targets they'll set a price they think that player is worth. I also think that they will know a lot more about these players with exotic sounding names than the Utube clip warriors including where possible, their personalities, ability to fit in and cope with a pressurised league, culture  and current potential team mates. It's their job and they're spending millions. Some comments made are sometimes reminiscent of the spotty trainspotting, playground chewing gum card swapping football forum equivalent. When they've finished that they are then able to become master tacticians and experts on managerial appointments and sackings.

Even the most expensive transfer carries risk. You can't buy a player who doesn't want to come or from a club refusing to sell. Then there's the little matter of agents, players and chairmen waiting as long as they can for the best possible deal for them.

Edited by volpeazzurro
Spelling mistake.

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

Zaha will never come here.

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It's being reported he's refused a contract with Palace with West Ham interested, if we made it worth his while why wouldn't he come?

I suspect Zaha thinks he's better than playing for us. We might not see it as a sideways step to go from Palace to us but I think he will. I don't think he would be correct but I just have that feeling.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1