Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez replacements

6 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It's being reported he's refused a contract with Palace with West Ham interested, if we made it worth his while why wouldn't he come?

If he moves he'll try to get to one of the top 6 clubs. I don't think that we fill the bill. 

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It's being reported he's refused a contract with Palace with West Ham interested, if we made it worth his while why wouldn't he come?

If you’re asking why he might choose West Ham over us, for example, it’s the old London or North West city advantage, I’m afraid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

I suspect Zaha thinks he's better than playing for us. We might not see it as a sideways step to go from Palace to us but I think he will. I don't think he would be correct but I just have that feeling.

The Evening Standard said the reason he wanted to leave was for Champions League football. Also sounded like Palace were willing to make him highest paid in their squad, over £120K per week!

Edited by FoxTrott

15 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Never. 

I'm touched, no one has ever had your level of confidence in me before lol You're obviously a natural man motivator, something many don't believe we have at the helm of the club at present. You have my permission to use me as a reference if you apply for the managers job! 

In summary, you were correct, it was a poor pun. I'll try harder next time. :thumbup:

11 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I'm touched, no one has ever had your level of confidence in me before lol You're obviously a natural man motivator, something many don't believe we have at the helm of the club at present. You have my permission to use me as a reference if you apply for the managers job! 

In summary, you were correct, it was a poor pun. I'll try harder next time. :thumbup:

Good man. Chin up and chest out. There are enough shite puns here already. We need quality and I’m looking at you to provide it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

Can't believe some on here thought we was actually in with a chance of getting Malcolm, that was never going to happen tbf

In my opinion we dodged a bullet there. Really not the player people seem to think he is.

Just a thought, but have we already got our 'mahrez replacement'? James Maddison? I know it's early days, but he's the creative flair that we need in the middle. Mahrez was our creative spark, but Maddison has the potential to be the creative spark we need. Maybe we are looking for a different type of winger to Mahrez? 

Let's face it, we will never find a player like Mahrez again, he was a little magician. We wouldn't be able to play the same way either as Mahrez was our everything going forward. But with Maddison in the team I think we already have a creative player we need to open up teams, but in a completely different way. The thing we do need to replace is vacant winger role that is left. A combination of Albrighton and Gray please :D

32 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Just a thought, but have we already got our 'mahrez replacement'? James Maddison? I know it's early days, but he's the creative flair that we need in the middle. Mahrez was our creative spark, but Maddison has the potential to be the creative spark we need. Maybe we are looking for a different type of winger to Mahrez? 

Let's face it, we will never find a player like Mahrez again, he was a little magician. We wouldn't be able to play the same way either as Mahrez was our everything going forward. But with Maddison in the team I think we already have a creative player we need to open up teams, but in a completely different way. The thing we do need to replace is vacant winger role that is left. A combination of Albrighton and Gray please :D

We needed Maddison even if Riyad had stayed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Our win percentage without Mahrez was appalling! If we don’t replace him we have no chance of getting top 6! 

Even if we did replace him, we’re not realistically going to get into the top six. The gap will be even greater between top six and the rest this year. We should be completing in the best of the rest league, with direct rivals of Everton, West Ham et al (both of which will impove upon last season). I think both Wolves and Fulham will come strong, but hopefully Burnley will struggle to cope with increased fixtures 

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

33 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

We needed Maddison even if Riyad had stayed. 

100% .. God forbid we have more than 1 player that creates something lol

Man Citys complete front line are creative.

Edited by les-tah

Personally I don`t think replacing Mahrez is either possible nor likely.

Too much creative reliance on one man was possible during the perfect storm season, but we need to spread the load to multiple players such as Maddison and ideally 2 others. This is perhaps Perriera as a wing back ( and Chilwell??), and maybe Silva, but also with a winger such as Jahanbakhsh or even another AM.

Otherwise, shutdown Mahrez (or his replacement) and we become toothless.

19 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Personally I don`t think replacing Mahrez is either possible nor likely.

Too much creative reliance on one man was possible during the perfect storm season, but we need to spread the load to multiple players such as Maddison and ideally 2 others. This is perhaps Perriera as a wing back ( and Chilwell??), and maybe Silva, but also with a winger such as Jahanbakhsh or even another AM.

Otherwise, shutdown Mahrez (or his replacement) and we become toothless.

as it stands.. it would be 'shutdown maddison' and we dont create anything lol .. thats if Maddison steps up a level like we are all hoping.

So yes we do need to replace mahrez with another creative winger that can link up with Maddison etc.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Our win percentage without Mahrez was appalling! If we don’t replace him we have no chance of getting top 6! 

It's nigh on impossible to get top 6 most of the time, it's great to have an ambitious target but it probably wouldn't happen even with him.

4 minutes ago, les-tah said:

as it stands.. it would be 'shutdown maddison' and we dont create anything lol .. thats if Maddison steps up a level like we are all hoping.

So yes we do need to replace mahrez with another creative winger that can link up with Maddison etc.

Or we use Pereira as a wing back to supplement some of the creative load. Admittedly, Maddison + Pereira + Chilwell is a little unwhelming, but add one creative mid and things look brighter

• Like 1