Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

10 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Realistically it's just a question to his agent though

It’s not though, he might have moderate interest in speaking to us, or using us to force the hand of lurking clubs or better terms at his current place. 

Transfers are notoriously hard to get over the line, marquee type signings will be early in the transfer window for us I would think.

5 hours ago, Inarsenewerust said:

No, in fact he is one of the least hyped players I know. Our CF Azmoun has much more unnecessary hype attached to him. The guy was the top scorer in his league and one of the top assist makers, and is close to moving to leicester ( which I am happy about), but inferior players from the same league like lozano and ziyech are gathering interest from barcelona, Inter milan , roma, etc. So clearly he isnt the overhyped one.

And I think that Turkish kid you are talking about is abdulkadir Omur, and he really is a special talent.

Thanks very much for that, it's difficult sometimes to get some truth isn't it when the media and agents have their own agendas. There's nothing quite like fans giving honest opinions from around the world. The thing is about Leicester I suppose is that if you are one of those relatively unknown sort of talents, unlike some of the so called bigger clubs who may just buy you to stop the opposite aquiring you, recent history suggests that we have a good record of bringing such players on. If he comes I look forward to seeing him now and wish him all the best. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StevieB said:

Blocked him the Pr.. ck  cant stand his constant bull and going on about how far up Trumps arse he is ?

Have some respect. The Global Voice Of The Fans is #neverwrong.

Edited by Lovejoy
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, NasPb said:

One of the best itks out there saying we've made a bid. 

lol To be fair Ndidi and Loftus cheek would make an unreal pairing for years... unless he starts for Chelsea he has wasted his talent and will fade away.

Edited by les-tah

17 hours ago, Inarsenewerust said:

but inferior players from the same league like lozano and ziyech are gathering interest from barcelona, Inter milan , roma, etc. So clearly he isnt the overhyped one.

Lozano and Ziyech inferior? LOL you are not a fanboy, you are a groupie :D.

I am a fan of Alireza but imho Lozano and Ziyech are on the same page. All 3 have their own weaknesses and strength and are good players in the right team. 

When Ziyech played for FC Twente he carried that team hard and he was even then considered the best player in the league. He has been given a hard time by fans and press at Ajax, but still he shows great respect.

14 hours ago, Gerard said:

Do you have an honest assessment of how good Jahanbakhsh is compared to Ziyech or Lozano? I notice he never won a Player of the Month award in the Eredivisie last season despite being the highest goalscorer in the league and 12 assists.

How does he rate against Jannsen, Dembele, Altidore, Pelle, etc or any other of your top players in recent years?

I'm surprised you mentioned Calvin Stengs as your best player as he only has two league appearances against his name, what's the deal with that?

As mentioned in my previous post all 3 are on the same page for me. Ziyech carried at his previous club FC Twente and has good games with Ajax. Although I think he can even do better in the right team. Lozano proved himself at PSV and in the Worldcup. Alireza was one of the strongholders at AZ. He was involved at a lot of goals. Because we didnt had a real rightwinger for most of the season, a lot of attacks went over the rightwing, where he was. He was a big part of the succes of AZ last season (although he didnt do it alone as our Iranian groupie suggests :))

Janssen was a great player who allways worked hard and knew how to get the ball in the net with AZ. But he was still young and he left for a big club too early. Imho he should have gone to a subtop club in Germany or France before going to England. Alireza is a totally different player and is older and has more experience. But he needs a squad that plays dominant and dynamic. 

Altidore did good at AZ in his second season, but he didnt play well before AZ and was imho not suited for premier league. Like Janssen he should have gone to a lower league, like France.

Pelle is a bit of a different story. He came as a high potential to AZ Alkmaar (signed by Van Gaal) but he wasnt ready for the kind of football AZ played and couldnt get the ball in the net. Offcourse we had El Hamdaoui who ended up top scorer of the league when AZ became champion. The fans (except a few like me) didnt see his qualities and thought he was terrible. After AZ when he had more experience and was more mature he did a lot better. 

Some other top players we had were Dembele, Martens and Maher. El Hamdaoui, Dembele and Martens were our strikers when we became champion. That was the best line up we had in a long time.  Alireza is a lot like Martens who also gave a lot of assists but scored a little less. Martens just had bad luck that he was injured too often. Otherwise he would have been in the Belgium National team for a long time. Because Alireza isnt injured often he can become better then Martens.

Maher was a really great midfielder at AZ and he carried AZ after the champion period. But he made a bad choice by going to PSV where he was used wrong and I think he was mentally not very strong.

For about 10 years AZ invests heavy in the youth academy. The vision is to get several good youthplayers in the first team so we get a team with lots of youthplayers and a few players from outside for positions we dont have the youth players for it. Since a few years this is really paying off. the last years we have had 3 a 4 players every year who can compete at the highest level right away. Some of them are even strongholders like Til and Koopmeiners.

The season before the season that just ended AZ had a bit of a difficult period at the end of the season. Even with Alireza. But the games that Stengs came on the pitch (he also played in a cupgame and in 4 play off matches so I think a total of 7 or 8 matches) and it all changed. As a rookie he was the best player on the field in those games and made a bigger impact then Alireza (that season).

In the previous season (2017-2018) We had a great striking squad again with Stengs on the right (he got the position of Alireza), Weghorst mid and Alireza on the right. That would possibly be as great as we had when we became champion. So we all had high hopes for this season where we might have had a chance to compete for the title, but in the first match Stengs got injured bad and we were left for the season with Alireza and Weghorst. So our great striking squad was gone and we had to improvise. Alireza back on his old spot on the right and we had to try several players on the leftwing, but that became our weakest side, so most of the attacks went through mid or rightwing.

Now we all hope that Stengs get his good form back after his injury and that another toptalent Boadu (midstriker) who was also injured for more then a year will also come back in good shape. . Boadu played with 15 years in the second squad of AZ, one league lower then the highest league. He also made a huge impact there and without his injury he would have made his debut at 16 in the first team.

Stengs and Boadu are both really talented and are expected to have great carreers at big clubs and in the national squad. So in potential Stengs is better then Alireza, but younger, inexperienced and long time injured.

But for now Alireza is the man to go for. I hope you sign him. Would be nice to see him and Vardy score goals together. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Just as good as Vardy in the WC:ph34r:

I know that Vardy is outstanding in the Prem. Where as Loftus-Cheek is not even wanted by Chelsea and just seems ordinary.

I have not seen Loftus-Cheek have one decent season.

He's playing in a bang average league, he has all the time in the world but missed alot and he's never hit "top bins" or scored a ?.

I seriously don't think he can do any more than player's we already have.

He's an obvious stand out but the league is so poor there all his assists would become stats for prem defenders.

Average championship side at best.

His crosses would be gobbled up, imo.

@FoxinNotts

Edited by Gwyn

2 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

He's playing in a bang average league, he has all the time in the world but missed alot and he's never hit "top bins" or scored a ?.

He's an obvious stand out but the league is so poor there all his assists would become stats for prem defenders.

@FoxinNotts

Fair enough 

1 hour ago, Gwyn said:

@FoxinNotts

its a risk from taking any player from any league really other than the prem. You just have to trust our scouting:ph34r:... For every Ndidi there is a slimani and Musa to go with it.  lol 

You could say the same for Maddison who has been doing his business in the championship. We are just praying he can the same in the premiership.

Edited by les-tah

So, fake Twitter profiles/releases about any 'information' that are published and hundreds of people see this online make people think there's been any de element at all on this player?..