Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

15 hours ago, Inarsenewerust said:

I have official news regarding ARJ from his agent, Amir Hashemi. In the most recent interview with him, he says that he will neither confirm nor deny leicester reports. Any official announcement will take place in two weeks, at the earliest. So talk of announcement today or tomorrow is very premature indeed

Sounds more and more likely we're being used as bait to get someone to come in for him.

15 hours ago, Inarsenewerust said:

I have official news regarding ARJ from his agent, Amir Hashemi. In the most recent interview with him, he says that he will neither confirm nor deny leicester reports. Any official announcement will take place in two weeks, at the earliest. So talk of announcement today or tomorrow is very premature indeed

Well that's a load of bull to begin with. In an interview with an Iranian journalist last week, AJ himself said that he would post news of which club he will be joining, "in 7 days". By my reckoning, he should tell us all, sometime in the next couple of days. I suppose Inarsenewerust might counter that by indicating he said, "any OFFICIAL announcement will take place in 2 weeks"!

Edited by Outfox the Fox

2 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Well that's a load of bull to begin with. Last week, AJ himself Twittered, that he would post news of which club he will be joining, "in 7 days". By my reckoning, he should tell us all, sometime in the next couple of days. I suppose Inarsenewerust might counter that by indicating he said, "any OFFICIAL announcement will take place in 2 weeks"!

Just seems crazy timetables to work to if he wants to come to England as well. Any team is going to want to get him in ASAP because of the logistics of moving over and also getting embedded within the team. Can't believe how close we are to the start of the new season already. 

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Would likely be a good move for the lad. Showcase himself in the PL and see where it takes him. We might not be a selling club as such, but we are certainly a stepping stone. 

unless your Barcelona or Real Madrid then every team in a stepping stone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

unless your Barcelona or Real Madrid then every team in a stepping stone.

More or less I agree. However Man City, Man Utd - those sort of clubs are currently at or around the pinnacle of ambition too. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

More or less I agree. However Man City, Man Utd - those sort of clubs are currently at or around the pinnacle of ambition too. 

i spose but if Barca said they want to sign Mahrez and he was their number 1 target i am confident he would throw a hissy fit again lol

54 minutes ago, les-tah said:

i spose but if Barca said they want to sign Mahrez and he was their number 1 target i am confident he would throw a hissy fit again lol

You are probably right. There are degrees of ambition. Barca and Real are righty at the top. There are other branches on the way up where some are perfectly happy to perch. We occupy a sort of middling tier. 

9 hours ago, les-tah said:

lol To be fair Ndidi and Loftus cheek would make an unreal pairing for years... unless he starts for Chelsea he has wasted his talent and will fade away.

RLC is really a number 10. He wouldn't fit next to ndidi at all.I like him and would welcome him here but we have maddison.

8 hours ago, Gwyn said:

He's playing in a bang average league, he has all the time in the world but missed alot and he's never hit "top bins" or scored a ?.

I seriously don't think he can do any more than player's we already have.

He's an obvious stand out but the league is so poor there all his assists would become stats for prem defenders.

Average championship side at best.

His crosses would be gobbled up, imo.

@FoxinNotts

He may very well be in an average league and might not impress you that much. But dont say things that just factually are incorrect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Inarsenewerust said:

He may very well be in an average league and might not impress you that much. But dont say things that just factually are incorrect.

I really like the look of this lad - he can certainly strike the ball, with both feet. Thanks

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gwyn said:

He's playing in a bang average league, he has all the time in the world but missed alot and he's never hit "top bins" or scored a ?.

I seriously don't think he can do any more than player's we already have.

He's an obvious stand out but the league is so poor there all his assists would become stats for prem defenders.

Average championship side at best.

His crosses would be gobbled up, imo.

@FoxinNotts

Reminds me of all the negative comments posted around December / January 2014 when we signed Mahrez. General consensus then was that Mahrez was shit and we need goal scorers not wingers who have only played in a sub standard division. 

He doesn't look too bad, probably won't come, but let's have a bit of positiveness for a change. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inarsenewerust said:

Ok, so this shows him smashing in goals with both left and right feet..... But unless there is evidence he can head a ball, I'm out......

• Haha 2