Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Snik-Snok

Stadium Expansion Plan Meeting

2 hours ago, davieG said:

certificate2.jpg

50 of us put a £1 each together and we bought a brick.

Foxestalk 50b.jpg

I used to have a list of the 50 but can't find it now.

I have one as well. Was it really 50 quid. Why did I part with so much money for a brick.

Wish I'd have been on here at the time. A quid would have seemed much better value. Assume it was one of the later ones added if it's on the east stand corner.

I assume they will be kept as part of the new concourse or relocated free of charge you would hope.

From memory mines in the 2nd set behind the kop. Not been to see it for a while. Think I last showed the kids about 3 years ago.

6 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I have one as well. Was it really 50 quid. Why did I part with so much money for a brick.

Wish I'd have been on here at the time. A quid would have seemed much better value. Assume it was one of the later ones added if it's on the east stand corner.

I assume they will be kept as part of the new concourse or relocated free of charge you would hope.

From memory mines in the 2nd set behind the kop. Not been to see it for a while. Think I last showed the kids about 3 years ago.

Yeah that's why we went for 50, East Stand.

They better as I'll ask for the £50 back although how I'd share it back out :dunno:

Guest Markyblue
52 minutes ago, davieG said:

Yeah that's why we went for 50, East Stand.

They better as I'll ask for the £50 back although how I'd share it back out :dunno:

I think I'll ask for my 400 quids worth of shares that disappeared due to administration. 

Agreed, I quite like the corporate identity 'King Power,' it sounds majestic, and well... powerful! There's a lot worse out there we could be linked to.  Also I like the inference, intended or otherwise, to King Richard.

Edited by foxinyourbox

10 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

I don’t understand this desire to have the new ground reflect our history. Filbert Street wasn’t festooned with posters and images from our past. It was four rather utilitarian stands. I’d say having any extension decked out in decorations linked to our ‘identity’ would be far more nauseatingly corporate than references to King Power

Nod to is not = to festooned.

I don't think the original banner around the inside of the roof or the one or two outside was intrusive of festooning and provided a link to our history plenty of other clubs manage to do it in a classy way.

There wasn't that much to attach to at Filbert St. besides the couldn't afford it then.

Why did the club feel it was necessary to remove the names from the food outlets, where was the benefit at least when they were named you could use them as a meeting point.

7 hours ago, fleckneymike said:

I don’t understand this desire to have the new ground reflect our history. Filbert Street wasn’t festooned with posters and images from our past. It was four rather utilitarian stands. I’d say having any extension decked out in decorations linked to our ‘identity’ would be far more nauseatingly corporate than references to King Power

I don't think anyone is talking about identity decorations decking out the new development. However, it can be done in a subtle way as a reminder of where the club has come from. Perhaps a piece of artwork to mark the contribution of City players and fans that fought in the wars, a statue of our World Cup winner, a plaque to commemorate the 2015/16 Premier League winners (note how we applaude the video pre-match of Wes and Claudio lifting the trophy). Something that tells the clubs story that might spark a kids interest (six swans etc). I personally like seeing the blue bricks on the back of the Kop that provide a snapshot of our fan base of the time, many of whom will have passed on by now.

Without getting over-sentimental, the stadium is almost like a church for some. You only need to witness the people paying respect to those departed in the Memorial Garden to see what the club means to them and those that went before.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I don't think anyone is talking about identity decorations decking out the new development. However, it can be done in a subtle way as a reminder of where the club has come from. Perhaps a piece of artwork to mark the contribution of City players and fans that fought in the wars, a statue of our World Cup winner, a plaque to commemorate the 2015/16 Premier League winners (note how we applaude the video pre-match of Wes and Claudio lifting the trophy). Something that tells the clubs story that might spark a kids interest (six swans etc). I personally like seeing the blue bricks on the back of the Kop that provide a snapshot of our fan base of the time, many of whom will have passed on by now.

Without getting over-sentimental, the stadium is almost like a church for some. You only need to witness the people paying respect to those departed in the Memorial Garden to see what the club means to them and those that went before.

Filbert St. Was my church and Martin was a god 

Would not hurt to have some nod to the 125 years or so before we became KPFC agreed.

I mean we have now won the top flight. Would replacing the banners in a reminder to that not go some way to acknowledging even recent history.

We had no way of doing that at the church but now we have the space and options. Shame we lost the images of Walsh and claridge etc.

I'd take a nod to Tony James ffs.

Edited by Bayfox
  • Like 1

As it seems the FA are going to bid for the 2030 WC. Will our owners look a further expansion so we can bid for games. With the fanzone area planned surely we would be a top contender.

I'm sure our owners would not want to miss the chance because of an extra 5/8k seats. Worldwide advertisement for the club and KP.

18 minutes ago, sylofox said:

As it seems the FA are going to bid for the 2030 WC. Will our owners look a further expansion so we can bid for games. With the fanzone area planned surely we would be a top contender.

I'm sure our owners would not want to miss the chance because of an extra 5/8k seats. Worldwide advertisement for the club and KP.

We'd get games with a modern 42k stadium anyway.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

I thought fifa rules we're min 45k I may be wrong.

Not sure, seem to remember during the last bid there were some pretty average grounds getting chosen... although thinking about it they all seemed to expect the FA to pay for their grounds to be made bigger.

On 28/07/2018 at 08:54, coolhandfox said:

The easy way is to have a tribute to the passed is to have a statue, and a museum.

Anyone worried about leaving history behind, should have a look around the new club shop, some nice touches in there about our history.

Most of our legends are still alive aren't they?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Not sure, seem to remember during the last bid there were some pretty average grounds getting chosen... although thinking about it they all seemed to expect the FA to pay for their grounds to be made bigger.

Well I'm not sure as Russia used two 35k grounds.

Just now, sylofox said:

Well I'm not sure as Russia used two 35k grounds.

Our last England bid had a 40k ground capacity in it as well, I'd imagine we'd apply to hold games and apply for funding to improve the ground as well. If they said no on the funding we'd still stand a good chance of getting the east of the country games.

Guest Markyblue
5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Our last England bid had a 40k ground capacity in it as well, I'd imagine we'd apply to hold games and apply for funding to improve the ground as well. If they said no on the funding we'd still stand a good chance of getting the east of the country games.

If I remember right we were going to lose out to mk dons.strangely enough!

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No chance the east of the country games would go to kings Lynn lol lol