Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Snik-Snok

Stadium Expansion Plan Meeting

1 hour ago, Filberts Treat said:

What about standing? Few more thousand there 

It would add a few yeah but it won’t be enough I think you need to be looking at something similar to Nottingham at a minimum as I’m sure their capacity is around 10,000 and they don’t seem to struggle getting the acts there 

8 hours ago, ian_marshall said:

A 6000 seater arena is a little on the small side if they're serious about hosting any decent acts for concerts.

Could be 8000 as someone else said. I'm just passing on info that someone passed on to me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Could be 8000 as someone else said. I'm just passing on info that someone passed on to me.

Appreciate the info Babylon. From what you've said it sounds incredible, just seems a bit short sighted that they'd go to such lengths only to fall short in the detail. I'd agree entirely with @jammie82uk, if they genuinely want top acts to come to Leicester it needs to be at least 10,000 and even then they'll never attract the megastar's to the venue as it'll still be too small unless the plan is to accommodate the bigger acts inside the stadium itself which I guess would be a feasible option. 

Thinking ahead, has there been any mention of scope to further expand the East Stand in the future once built? I'm wondering if the other development's could prove restrictive if say in 20 years time there is a need to add a further 10,000 seats? 

41 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

Appreciate the info Babylon. From what you've said it sounds incredible, just seems a bit short sighted that they'd go to such lengths only to fall short in the detail. I'd agree entirely with @jammie82uk, if they genuinely want top acts to come to Leicester it needs to be at least 10,000 and even then they'll never attract the megastar's to the venue as it'll still be too small unless the plan is to accommodate the bigger acts inside the stadium itself which I guess would be a feasible option. 

Thinking ahead, has there been any mention of scope to further expand the East Stand in the future once built? I'm wondering if the other development's could prove restrictive if say in 20 years time there is a need to add a further 10,000 seats? 

As a guess, the 6000 seater arena that can host sports would probably mean that additional seating/standing could be placed on the playing surface facing the stage. That would take it to closer 8k

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

If I was to guess it would be a 6000 seater arena (to be used on match days as a complex to serve food and drink and show games) house other sports and concerts, with a Wembley way type feature down to the new two tier stand with curved roof and back. 

With water front all being redeveloped, to have retail, hotel, communal areas. With the aim to make the area a constantly used piece of the city, not just match days. 

If i was to guess.

Would you guess that the arena would be indoor or outdoor? What kind of square footage would you guess at it being? 

2 hours ago, ian_marshall said:

Only going from what I familiar with and I know there are bigger venues in the country, but the Bournemouth International Centre's main concert hall has a capacity of 7000 and that gets it onto the majority of the big tours in the UK, so we're not miles off. Plus like people have said any standing space adds loads of capacity. 

12 hours ago, Babylon said:

Well my guess was that it was on the land opposite the stand being developed. With a mini Wembley way type path linking the two stadiums.

The curved roof wasn't just your standard curved roof in my guess. It curved in ways  that you wouldn't imagine.

Thanks so much for feedback Babylon.

This thread is making me ridiculously excited: a curved roof that is curved in ways that I can't imagine! That's really twisting my melon!

I wonder if they're planning to rename the stadium afterwards (I assume sadly not)... :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, lebleu said:

Where will the proposed Wembley way feature run too if you were to guess @Babylon? Will it head in the direction of the station?

I was told that it leads down from the arena to the new main stand, the person might have been bigging it up a bit too much saying wembley way, It might just be a path! lol

But I guess their idea is to funnel people that way so when you come down from the main road you are walking straight at the new stand to create a really impressive view point.

2406320_2384db11.jpg

• Haha 2

Excuse the crude drawing, but this is how the stand was described, with the curve going from the front of the roof, to the base at the back. I'm guessing there will be inspiration from the training ground or the other king power buildings that people mentioned on here who have seen it.

Again, not seen it myself just had it decribed.

IMG_5051.JPG.1edf3338218475e5dd4c35dded75125e.JPG

3117157_Leicester-City-training-complex-

IMG_8456-Pano_low-res.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zealot said:

I see what you were saying now Babylon. Kind of like a wave. Sounds excellent... Thanks for sketch.

Guessing the sides will be filled in, so perhaps won't look like a wave, but the curve apparently goes from front to back like that, rather than the simple left to right curve you got on the top of huddersfield's for instance.