Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Snik-Snok

Stadium Expansion Plan Meeting

2 hours ago, fleckneymike said:

Indeed it is. 

3 hours ago, breadandcheese said:

Isn't that image the Welford Road development plans?

It is yes but its the cloestest thing i could find just imagine that built around the west stand.. i did say that in the original post. 

Were in such a good place its unreal.

19 hours ago, Ashley said:

http://s187.photobucket.com/user/lecimage/media/1585600423_C4d.jpg.html

The grounds going to be unreal. Looks something like that avobe and what Babs has said. Biggest in the Midlands and up there with the likes of Sunderland, Newcastle, Man City/United, Arsenal.. 

If it looks even remotely like that mate I'll be made up. I really think this club is going places.

31 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

Ok.  I'm excited. 

Is there a proposed date when the plans are going to be released so we actually have something to ejaculate over?

1 hour ago, Foxhead said:

If it looks even remotely like that mate I'll be made up. I really think this club is going places.

2 tiers on 3 of the stands and i believe we explored the option of extending the main stand but due to the glass it can't be done.

I think** they're trying to tie it in with the England game to say look what we're doing. The current ground you know, wont be visble in a few years.

Weve got to build down to go up so there will be some sort of over hang.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Ashley said:

2 tiers on 3 of the stands and i believe we explored the option of extending the main stand but due to the glass it can't be done.

I think** they're trying to tie it in with the England game to say look what we're doing. The current ground you know, wont be visble in a few years.

Weve got to build down to go up so there will be some sort of over hang.

So what will the capacity be?.

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I guess that the ground expansion and training ground are projects that have nothing to do with ffp - therefore the owners can invest their dosh in infrastructure - given their background they will want to make it the best it can possibly be.

do the football club own the ground or does king power ?? 

King Power own it

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I guess that the ground expansion and training ground are projects that have nothing to do with ffp - therefore the owners can invest their dosh in infrastructure - given their background they will want to make it the best it can possibly be.

do the football club own the ground or does king power ?? 

If King Power are paying for the stadium and training facilities it's a real statement of intent from the owners. 

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Heard in the past that they also want the Holiday Inn building next to it.

Not sure if that's still in their plans now.

From what I was told they own the land already and that goes in the rebuild with a 7 story hotel in its place.

Would we actually fill a 48,000 stadium? I think at a push now we'd get around 36-38k for most weekend games, around 30-32k for midweek dross in the winter and maybe just over 40k for the big games. I just don't see 48k ever going so it's a brave move.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bablemikey said:

Have any timescales been suggested for all this yet?

27 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Planning permission in Jan, start building at the end of the season I heard.

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

First build will be to 40k I was told

Everything is agreed more or less.

It'll be done in stages until final capacity.

First stage probably ready by the end of next Season if not ready for the season after.

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Would that mean disruption to attendances during construction?

I dont think so no, they normally build up to come back down then take the roof off etc but its see. I'll try and find out more info.