Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Snik-Snok

Stadium Expansion Plan Meeting

Regarding the debate about the train station and opening the Leicester - Burton line for passenger use - a better alternative would be to use trams. They can run along the same line as the trains (they do in parts of Greater Manchester). The trams could then go to the train station or continue into the city.

A solution which long term would be cheaper to run than trains and would enable a large area of the city to have access to an alternative method of transport (stations at Leicester Forest East (Park and Ride), Western Park, Braunstone, Narb Road, King Power etc).

57 minutes ago, davieG said:

I hope that there is some visible external references to our history and past players and it's not all about King Power.

Even if there’s not, can’t it be raised in those meetings (like the one we’ve heard about) and negotiated at the planning stage by the fans and associate reps. Obviously getting the club to agree to something is a different challenge but at least the points could be raised.

15 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I can’t see trams happening. I lived in Nottingham when they extended the line out to Clifton and the disruption wasn’t pleasant.

Clifton like most of that city isn’t pleasant anyway.

Meadows, St Ann’s,Bestwood, Top valley, Leicester has its bad areas but not on their scale.

3 hours ago, davieG said:

I hope that there is some visible external references to our history and past players and it's not all about King Power.

With talk of it lighting up, I'm not sure we will get that- I suspect it will look ultra-modern, with our badge & the King Power logo featuring prominently.

Large murals of great Leicester moments running the entirety of the concourse would be ideal, plus a couple of statues outside.

3 hours ago, davieG said:

King Power have been absolutely amazing for us so I personally can't begrudge them promoting their brand too much but our history is what makes us what we are just as much.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

King Power have been absolutely amazing for us so I personally can't begrudge them promoting their brand too much but our history is what makes us what we are just as much.

Aspiring to be a top 6 club does not mean you have to forget our history, those top 6 all seem to show at least some respect to their past and roots

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

With talk of it lighting up, I'm not sure we will get that- I suspect it will look ultra-modern, with our badge & the King Power logo featuring prominently.

Large murals of great Leicester moments running the entirety of the concourse would be ideal, plus a couple of statues outside.

Lighting up ?? No chance, not outside anyway. It will effect the bats.

We had all this stuff during the planning for Freeman's Wharf.

2 hours ago, promised land said:

Clifton like most of that city isn’t pleasant anyway.

Meadows, St Ann’s,Bestwood, Top valley, Leicester has its bad areas but not on their scale.

Parts of Clifton I’ve seen are fine. Either way, not entirely sure what your point is because it disrupted Wilford and West Bridgford.

Edited by Costock_Fox

We should have badges and poster picks of action from the past alk round the out side of the stadiom

Including a bronze statue of wes and claudio lifting the trophie..   i get emotional every time they play the footage

King power is a brabd that will cone and go in 50 tears max.  Uf the thaus want to give it some publicity then i dont begrudge it... but lets remember our history too

I really am so excited for this, it’s a bit of a strange time for the club to know where do we go forward now after the success of 2016 but this is definately the right idea 

Edited by Jace
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Even if there’s not, can’t it be raised in those meetings (like the one we’ve heard about) and negotiated at the planning stage by the fans and associate reps. Obviously getting the club to agree to something is a different challenge but at least the points could be raised.

It has been mentioned at a your 90 minutes that I attended that the ground looked like a 'King Power warehouse' and lacked any nod to LCFC history.

Those LCFC staff in attendance road over the point and moved on swiftly.

Looked to have not taken the King Power criticism too well.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, baker11 said:

It has been mentioned at a your 90 minutes that I attended that the ground looked like a 'King Power warehouse' and lacked any nod to LCFC history.

Those LCFC staff in attendance road over the point and moved on swiftly.

Looked to have not taken the King Power criticism too well.  

Cheers Baker, well it’s not a surprise, but as long as the point keeps being made hopefully even a small compromise can be made.

I’m not really keen on the king power overload. But do people really think that it’s not going to be plastered everywhere, annoying as it might be? Fantasy world some of you lot live in. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, davieG said:

Exactly...and i hope the new development keeps the Foxestalk brick! IN fact every one who has paid for a brick outside the east stand!

Edited by PAULCFC

12 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

There's a foxes talk brick.

certificate2.jpg

50 of us put a £1 each together and we bought a brick.

Foxestalk 50b.jpg

I used to have a list of the 50 but can't find it now.