Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Snik-Snok

Stadium Expansion Plan Meeting

35 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Surely you knew that when you gave up your season ticket? Even if I could not have made it to many games last season I would still have kept my season ticket and let others use it in order to maintain my seat.

See, this is a problem that we have as well. I'm not moaning at you as I know people that do this, but by doing this we're making the club a closed shop as you can only get a ticket if you know a ST holder or a member that's got a decent amount of points. 

Expand the ground and give a bigger percentage to match day tickets and this problem goes away. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Markyblue said:

Understand what your saying bunyip but for many of family's a season ticket is a large outlay of your income if it's not going to be used,all incomes and needs are different. 

I didn't give them away for free. I have a couple of trusted friends who know how to behave themselves and they just gave me what I paid for them. The real closed shop is the away tickets. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

See, this is a problem that we have as well. I'm not moaning at you as I know people that do this, but by doing this we're making the club a closed shop as you can only get a ticket if you know a ST holder or a member that's got a decent amount of points. 

Expand the ground and give a bigger percentage to match day tickets and this problem goes away. 

Should adopt the policy which Bayern Munich do, let the club buy a match off you, they can re-sell and you'll still be guaranteed your seat.

Unless they already do it? Wouldn't know as I give my ticket to friends :P

3 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Should adopt the policy which Bayern Munich do, let the club buy a match off you, they can re-sell and you'll still be guaranteed your seat.

Would happily do this for the games I can't get to. Think a lot of people would and would then open up the chances for new fans to get to the games 

16 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Well the club were meant to set up that resale platform but never got round to it. 

Guest Markyblue
3 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Yep I was one of them, who knew what would happen just a season later, all those play off heartbreaks and then play off joy, martin O'neill and European football, then the awful regression and then the ultimate achievement.

crazy.

Which is why for all our moaning every now and then, you know deep down we love every minute of being a city fan.

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Well the club were meant to set up that resale platform but never got round to it. 

The system Bayern used works brilliantly, we got to seem them albeit only against Paderborn but still we managed to get tickets and it was for the regular ticket price. 

Also solves the problem of people selling tickets for profit, just call/email/go on website and say which game you can't make. They refund you the ticket and have the opportunity to sell on... easy squeezy!

On 22/08/2018 at 16:26, Rusko187 said:

The system Bayern used works brilliantly, we got to seem them albeit only against Paderborn but still we managed to get tickets and it was for the regular ticket price. 

Also solves the problem of people selling tickets for profit, just call/email/go on website and say which game you can't make. They refund you the ticket and have the opportunity to sell on... easy squeezy!

To be fair if someone's doing it to sell for profit aren't they just going to ignore that system and sell it for profit anyway? Or am I missing something? Unless the person who bought it ratted them out I can't initially see how they'd get caught.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

For what its worth i believe the club have/are exploring a similar away end to what Man City have. 

That's great news. The away end at the moment is great for away fans, the curve keeps their fans close together and channels the noise. 

Breaking them up would be a great move. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Just another post to emphasise how baffling I believe it is that we still haven't got this sorted.

I would suspect it's on hold at present until they clear the planning for the Training Ground which looks like it's taking up the time of people who will be needed to push any stadium expansion through the City planning department.

3 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Just another post to emphasise how baffling I believe it is that we still haven't got this sorted.

It’s not just the stadium tho. If we are having other stuff done like it has been suggested then we need all the approvals for that as well

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Tigers managed it.

And it was talked about before hand for years and then it  took them bloody years to sort it out before they got round to actually doing it . The building part is the quick bit it’s all the other business  that takes the time . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

And it was talked about before hand for years and then it  took them bloody years to sort it out before they go round to actually doing it . The building part is the quick bit it’s all the other business  that takes the time . 

Absolutely. Peter Wheeler magnificently described trying to get something sorted with Leicester City Council as “juggling soot”. 

• Haha 1