Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Akhisarspor Match Thread

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

It is actually worrying when your x2 BFF's on this forum are pedant's. I'm very scared what i post, right now. 

Scary stuff. I think i will stick to peeing in the shower, at least i know i can do that :D 

Pedants....

This is nirvana for me.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

What is happening to Amartey? Is he still injured as he doesn’t seem to even be appearing in the pre-season team’s does he? Unless I’ve missed summat?

I know he started, but did anyone get a good look at how he did? 

Edited by UPinCarolina

13 hours ago, Webbo said:

What number bien channel is your stream?

Sorry Webbo I'd reached my posting limit and couldn't reply.

Concerning the match and the second half subs:

Hamza is simply amazing and will be and England midfield star within a couple of years. MC, Hamza is the Kante replacement.

Knight looked a decent prospect - and he's tall.

Ulloa actually looked like a player that could be our backup option. I've been so down on him since he refused to play but he certainly made an effort and looked our best attacker yesterday.

12 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

So many people over social media are treating this like we've just been knocked out the FA Cup against Scarborough.

'Puel out, relegation is inevitable' 

It was a behind closed doors friendly, for fitness. 

Let the lads have a run about for an hour, get into the swing of things after week's holiday and no doubt letting themselves go for a few weeks, and judge their performance when we are playing in an actual competitive fixture.

The game was open to the public.

11 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Never said that I thought this is what I think our season is going to be like?

Pointing out the fact that those are some shocking stats, especially as those were the stats for the first half, where the team consisted or 4/5 first teamers, 4/5 2nd teamers, and a couple of players probably just being given a run out.

Would kinda expect us to be able to manage at least 1 shot on target.

Shocking stats... for a friendly?

You do know what pre-season matches are there for? Building up fitness and establishing the playing system(s) as laid out by the manager and his staff.

Results or stats such as "shots on goal" are by no means representative of how the upcoming season will pan out on the whole.

We played 60 minutes yesterday without a recognized striker on the pitch and that in sweltering heat, so go figure.

By the time Ulloa and Slimani had come on, temperatures were down by about three to four degrees centigrade in comparison to the starting conditions.

Btw, we did have "at least one shot on target".

Keep it up with your panicky revisionist theory. :appl:

Edited by MC Prussian

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Shocking stats... for a friendly?

You do know what pre-season matches are there for? Building up fitness and establishing the playing system(s) as laid out by the manager and his staff.

Results or stats such as "shots on goal" are by no means representative of how the upcoming season will pan out on the whole.

We played 60 minutes yesterday without a recognized striker on the pitch and that in sweltering heat, so go figure.

By the time Ulloa and Slimani had come on, temperatures were down by about three to four degrees centigrade in comparison to the starting conditions.

Btw, we did have "at least one shot on target".

Keep it up with your panicky revisionist theory. :appl:

Bloody hell you make one comment about the stats of a friendly and people jump on you like you have already asked for everyone to be sacked!

Yes they are for fitness but they are also for testing out the style of play we are going to be using.

Yes we played without a recognised striker, but the system we are playing highly suggests that we are going to be using the 3 behind the striker to be heavily involved in the attacking system, so would  not be relying on just the striker to have shots.

Yes we had “at least one shot on target”. In the second half. Where as my comment was regarding the first half.

Nice to think that you regard my comment as me panicking and thinking we are going to be going into the season playing like this.

Yes I understand this is preseason, but there is absolutey nothing wrong with me wanting us to show some attacking threat. Something we severely lacked towards the end of the season (bar the 2 end of the season results).

52 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yes I understand this is preseason, but there is absolutey nothing wrong with me wanting us to show some attacking threat. Something we severely lacked towards the end of the season (bar the 2 end of the season results).

Well, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but at this stage of the pre-season and with a large number of attacking players missing due to World Cup commitments (Ricardo Pereira, Adrien Silva, Iheanacho, Musa, Vardy, Okazaki) plus Mahrez gone and no replacement in place yet, you can only be disappointed with regards to your subjective expectations.

Things are likely to look a bit different on Saturday against Udinese in terms of attacking intent, but boy, do we have some spoiled fans on here...