Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Akhisarspor Match Thread

From what I could tell, in the first half we had a link player, but no-one up front to link to from midfield, and in the second we had players to link to, but no one doing the linking - so we crossed it instead which wasn't as successful (though Ulloa came close).  (Did I miss any others?)

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Who took out the Akhisarspor guy in a pay-back tackle?  Was it Elder?  Would have been a straight red in a regular game, but he showed great form.

It was Josh Knight. 

It might just be me but some of the guys that haven't been away for the world cup look leaner and fitter than I remember seeing them in the last year. Puel got them on set diets and training through the summer or something they've done themselves to try and force their way back into the fold for starting positions? 

Or just me? 

7 minutes ago, browniefox said:

It might just be me but some of the guys that haven't been away for the world cup look leaner and fitter than I remember seeing them in the last year. Puel got them on set diets and training through the summer or something they've done themselves to try and force their way back into the fold for starting positions? 

Or just me? 

No, a few of them look in good shape.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So many people over social media are treating this like we've just been knocked out the FA Cup against Scarborough.

'Puel out, relegation is inevitable' 

It was a behind closed doors friendly, for fitness. 

Let the lads have a run about for an hour, get into the swing of things after week's holiday and no doubt letting themselves go for a few weeks, and judge their performance when we are playing in an actual competitive fixture.

• Like 2

Just now, CollinsLCFC said:

So many people over social media are treating this like we've just been knocked out the FA Cup against Scarborough.

'Puel out, relegation is inevitable' 

It was a behind closed doors friendly, for fitness. 

Let the lads have a run about for an hour, get into the swing of things after week's holiday and no doubt letting themselves go for a few weeks, and judge their performance when we are playing in an actual competitive fixture.

Another reason not to be on social media.

4 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Did he touch the ball when he came on? Lost the midfield battle in the 2nd half.

Not sure if you was watching the same game. Did very well look strong quick was winning challenges. Did a nice interception on the edge of there box with a turn unlucky with the shot but looked good. Choudary looked ok gave the ball away slot thou. The right back looks very promising is it Josh knight. Also kuputska looked good. It's blatent that was just a fitness match but some of the players look up for fighting for places.

Ulloa looked ok at times but it's time for him and slim to leave I'd rather slim go over ulloa thou 

45 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Or just me? 

They have been doing 4 sessions a day some days so that’s probable why 

2 minutes ago, FirePower said:

Not sure if you was watching the same game. Did very well look strong quick was winning challenges. Did a nice interception on the edge of there box with a turn unlucky with the shot but looked good. Choudary looked ok gave the ball away slot thou. The right back looks very promising is it Josh knight. Also kuputska looked good. It's blatent that was just a fitness match but some of the players look up for fighting for places.

Ulloa looked ok at times but it's time for him and slim to leave I'd rather slim go over ulloa thou 

Was a good tackle on the edge of the box, awful shot though. Johnson was good but the rest were pretty poor tbh. They battered us second half (bar the last 5 mins). 

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

Was a good tackle on the edge of the box, awful shot though. Johnson was good but the rest were pretty poor tbh. They battered us second half (bar the last 5 mins). 

Yea I agree I can only hope and assume CP instructed to run around and open the lungs up for fitness I hope 

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

0 shots on target, with 63% possession and 3 corners, that is shocking

It was a friendly with mostly our 3rd stringers. honestly you have to kidding if you think this is what the season is going to be like.  We are on a training camp.