Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

1 hour ago, Wdywd said:

Thought the two of them started to play better together towards the end of last year tbh.

Yes, remember Iheancho's goal against Tottenham at the end of the season? Vardy was on the pitch and they had some good interchanges.

Vardy is 31. Still lots of goals left in him but his playing career will last longer with someone to share the work load.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

nacho offers something different, as much as I love vardy he makes us a bit one dimensional   

This is how I feel sometimes. Playing a whole system around Vardy can be a hindrance. I wouldn't be against starting Nacho and waiting to see if Vardy can fight to get his place back. Might give JV some much needed motivation too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jattdogg said:

Keeps this up and man city will buy him back for 50 mill.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure we'll ever buy Iheanacho back, however good he becomes. I think the issue has always been with playstyle rather than ability. He'd probably do well at Chelsea or Arsenal but I've always thought that if he suited Pep's system we wouldn't have sold him or bought Jesus. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MCFC said:

In all seriousness, I'm not sure we'll ever buy Iheanacho back, however good he becomes. I think the issue has always been with playstyle rather than ability. He'd probably do well at Chelsea or Arsenal but I've always thought that if he suited Pep's system we wouldn't have sold him or bought Jesus. 

If Chelsea were looking to buy him for 50 mil, wouldn't you guys buy him back at 37.5 mil and immediately sell him again for an instant profit?

2 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Valid point. But the fact if he did well  i believe you  can buy back and sell for a decent profit.  It seems he would have to do alot to get there though. We can focus on him scoring 10+ goals first this season lol

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

Why not? Not even if Chelsea were offering a significant pay rise?

I mean he wouldn’t go back to Man City just to be sold. The clause only means we have to let Man City talk to Iheanacho if the fee is met, he has no obligation to go back. We’d just sell directly to Chelsea 

26 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I mean he wouldn’t go back to Man City just to be sold. The clause only means we have to let Man City talk to Iheanacho if the fee is met, he has no obligation to go back. We’d just sell directly to Chelsea 

My understanding is they can buy him back for that and he has to go. Maybe there is more finer print..

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

My understanding is they can buy him back for that and he has to go. Maybe there is more finer print..

I’ve never heard of a deal like that. Don’t see how they’d be allowed to enforce that by the FA

As far as I’m aware it’s just that Man City can trigger the clause at any point for that fee and we have to accept and then it’s down to Nacho. Would be pretty unfair on him if he was forced to move against his will

Edited by foxfanazer

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I’ve never heard of a deal like that. Don’t see how they’d be allowed to enforce that by the FA

I could be wrong but i was reading up on buy bakc clauses and it seems all they have to do is activate it. Quick google below but im sure someone who has more knowledge of contracts could confirm 

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/jamie-spencer/buy-back-clause_b_14354840.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNhLw&guce_referrer_cs=15IDhViRJ4n5-2Zq7ZBZ_g

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KFS said:

If we can somehow get this to work...

Maddison 

Vardy

Iheanacho

----------------------------kasper-----------------------------------

peirea-----------maguire-----------evans-------------chilwell

-------------------------------amartey-------------------------------

---------silva------------------------------------ndidi---------------

------------------------maddison-------------------------------------

-------------nacho-----------------------vardy-----------------------

---------------------------------kasper------------------------------------

-------------------maguire---------morgan-------------evans------------

pierea----------------------------------------------------------------chilwell

------------------silva----------------------------ndidi------------------------

------------------------------maddison----------------------------------------

----------------------nacho-------------------vardy-----------------------------

• Like 1