Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

14 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I like him a lot. He wasn't great yesterday but then he was isolated more often than not which is a tactical flaw. To write his season off after one game against a United side who can defend if nothing else is laughable.

What I will say though is that I really think he should take a leaf out of Vardy's book and add some aggression to his game. Vardy didn't get a touch for about 8 minutes after coming on so what does he do? Steams in to Shaw and let's them know about his presence in the game. From that point United's defence were constantly worried about him.

I know it's hard to change your personality but I really think if Nacho could add a bit of Vardy-esque aggression and hyperactivity to his game he'd find himself less on the periphery. What I love about JV is that he gets stuck in, he can't stand to not be involved.

Good point, very well made.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I think that when you look at the chances he had yesterday, there were times when he took to long to shoot and gave the defenders a chance to get a tackle in. Compare that to Vardys reaction for his goal, that's the difference.

I can only thing of one chance like that and that's when he was "one on one" (never completely clear tbf he was holding off a defender) in the second half. He should have pulled the trigger sooner but it was on his wrong foot. 

Historically throughout his career, if you look at his goals for Man City or even some in pre season for us, he actually likes an early shot before the keeper has set himself. 

I think it's more about him getting back some confidence as opposed to it simply being his style to shoot late. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I know it probably sounds like an absolutey mental idea to the likes of you but how about showing a little bit of paitence lads?

He's 21 and was playing against the best defence in the country last night. On top of that he had a good end to last season and a good pre season. Maybe give him oh I don't know 5 starts this season before writing off another one of our promising young players as a championship player lol

He will never thrive whilst Vardy is number 1 and his whole body language comes across as lazy. There was a reason he was voted in the world cup worst 11..........because he is not very good.

Patience, time and '5 starts' will not change that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

He will never thrive whilst Vardy is number 1 and his whole body language comes across as lazy. There was a reason he was voted in the world cup worst 11..........because he is not very good.

Patience, time and '5 starts' will not change that.

Which world cup worst 11 was that?    Also he will come good. He is not good enough for a man city but he is good enough for the top flight.

He didn’t deserve to be in the World Cup worse 11,that was a bit harsh imo.The lad knows where the back of the net is and his goals to minutes ratio is excellent.Feed him and he will score.

Vardy is Vardy,possibly our greatest ever player.The fact he scored so many last season despite Puels slow pass to death,create one full chance a game football shows how great a striker he actually is.

Nacho is no Vardy,However he is getting better.If he was playing for a decent Championship side playing to his strengths,he would be banging in 25-30 goals a season.There would be a sign Nacho thread on here?

He held his own last night against an organised defence, and had a couple of half chances. He battled well and Bailly came to the rescue when he worked himself into the box.

Too many moaners jumping on the bandwagon slagging off players, get a life .. the players ran themselves into the ground last night. 

if you want you glory football, piss off and support United, Man City etc 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

He’ll be a great player for us this season if we keep playing him.  If he isnt in the starting 11 against Wolves, it’ll be criminal.

How would you line up? There's no indication we're going to play two up.

1 hour ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

He’ll be a great player for us this season if we keep playing him.  If he isnt in the starting 11 against Wolves, it’ll be criminal.

If you you want to be a realist... his replacement scored... its likely to be the other way round next game... Vardy will start and when he has gassed himself out, nacho will come on

You'd think considering we'd spent 10 years in the Championship our fans would know what a Championship standard player looks like. Iheanacho would get 30+ goals in that forsaken division

• Like 3

I’m still undecided on him. He’s got raw talent, however that only gets you so far. 

He lacks agression, the drive, to push him on. Maybe I’m looking more for a Costa, I don’t know. The jigsaw, is just missing a view pieces at the minute.

7 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

How would you line up? There's no indication we're going to play two up.

Kasper

Ricardo   Maguire  Wes/Evans   Chilwell

Iborra       Ndidi

Nacho           Maddison          Gray

Vardy

Front 4 fluid interchange so not strict.

17 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Kasper

Ricardo   Maguire  Wes/Evans   Chilwell

Iborra       Ndidi

Nacho           Maddison          Gray

Vardy

Front 4 fluid interchange so not strict.

Half of this forum would lose their minds when Nacho doesn't do an Albrighton and attempt to play the game at full back ;).