Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

21 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

There's a lot of people convinced he will be world class etc... Admire the optimism but I just can't see what its based on!!

I have to agree with this. I don't think that's negativity, it's just based on what I've seen so far. I wouldn't argue he put in a decent shift for us on Friday as he has in some other games. I'm just struggling to see a future World class player in there. If there is, it looks like he has a way to go to get there.

If Vardy and Nacho are to play together it has to be with Maddison. Difficult to see how to do that without playing someone out of position unless 3412 is adopted, and Puel shows no sign of that. Also, even if he did go that route, it’s difficult to then play Gray as well, and he seems to be stepping up and deserves a place.

Perhaps some sort of job sharing between Vardy and Nacho like Shinji and Ulloa in the title season? Might be appropriate to let Vardy run himself out then bring on Nacho for he last 30. Not sure Vardy would go for that though.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

53 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I have to agree with this. I don't think that's negativity, it's just based on what I've seen so far. I wouldn't argue he put in a decent shift for us on Friday as he has in some other games. I'm just struggling to see a future World class player in there. If there is, it looks like he has a way to go to get there.

He might not be world class but he's young and can only get better. We have bring in more goal scorers otherwise our over reliance of Vardy will be our downfall. The system has to be accommodated to play strikers. Remember the Spuds game Vardy and Nacho scored.

Just now, Lesta blue said:

He might not be world class but he's young and can only get better. We have bring in more goal scorers otherwise our over reliance of Vardy will be our downfall. The system has to be accommodated to play strikers. Remember the Spuds game Vardy and Nacho scored.

I don't disagree with that. It was specifically the quotes about him being World class in the future. I think he has a very long way to go to get to that.

I tend to be more a defender of players than a criticiser anyway. If the question is, can he do a good job for us? I absolutely think he can.

There's plenty he needs to work on to become the finished article but he's got massive ability and is a natural finisher. Needs to learn aggression and confidence which arises from being a valued first team player and he needs to work on his right foot, it doesn't need to be relied upon but he has to be coached to use it at times. There were 2-3 occasions on Friday that had to lashed at it with his right foot it could have caused Utd problems, especially the one after De Gea saved Maddison's shot and the through ball where he went down from Bailly's shoulder barge.

I like him though and I'm in danger of repeating myself but it's a no brainer to go 3-4-1-2 and get him up top with Vardy for certain games this season. Gray or Ghezzal could get chances in a similar formation too in rotation with Iheanacho and Maddison. 

Iheanacho is in a difficult position. Can't play anywhere but centre forward with is ridiculous in this day and age for forwards. He's not in the same street as Vardy for that role so it'll be bench for him unless Puel goes with two up top, which is hardly likely..

2 hours ago, Mehrez said:

Anybody watch his Instagram last night, I have no idea what was going on but he looked like some kind of god

Yeah. I was wondering what that was? I thought it might be a wedding? Throwing dolar notes around some weird monster thing.

He is not really a lone striker though, he isn't going to chase balls down like Vardy as he doesn't have the pace... he was playing as a 10 for Man City so why we all of sudden think he is going to lead the line up front on his own with a back 4 of United's especially and he should have had a peno and was unlucky with his other effort.

He needs to play with Vardy as a two with Maddision in behind, then bring on Shinji to change it around a bit.

Think people are expecting a tad to much.

• Like 2

He's difficult to classify given the way we play to Vardy's strengths and he's asked to plays for us.

I just wonder what the thinking was behind his signing, Very strange.

Having said that I'd like to see him play alongside a big lad, someone like Howard. He'd get a sackful of goals.

To his credit though he's obviously working hard to fit into our style as you can see the improvement in him.

He needs to learn how to protect the Ball better when in possession and improve his touch.

But considering his price he has a bit to go to justify it.

Can’t believe how quickly comments turned in this topic ? 

Iheanacho is frustrating yes but he is still only young. He is the penalty box poacher we’ve needed for a long time but for some reason doesn’t get there often enough. A lot of his goals for us/ Man City have been inside the penalty area. If we provide him with the right amount of service, he will come good.

Can't agree with this not getting enough service malarky, in the PL against top defenders you need more to your game than just being a poacher. Iheanachos overall game is substandard in so many areas that matches pass him by, and his strongest suit - the fact he knows how to finish - becomes irrelevant as he poses little to no threat due to not being involved in the game 

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Wizard said:

This will be his break through season...10-15 goals...Believe in the "NACHO"...come on son....

He'll have to score them in cup competitions or coming off the bench then.. No way is he starting in league games ahead of Vardy. 

• Like 1