Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

On 11/08/2018 at 10:33, Webbo said:

I think that when you look at the chances he had yesterday, there were times when he took to long to shoot and gave the defenders a chance to get a tackle in. Compare that to Vardys reaction for his goal, that's the difference.

I agree with this. I don't think Iheanacho is useless by any means, I think he's a bit of a luxury and he's a definite comedown from Vardy who is excellent.

On 11/08/2018 at 10:18, Paddy. said:

I like him a lot. He wasn't great yesterday but then he was isolated more often than not which is a tactical flaw. To write his season off after one game against a United side who can defend if nothing else is laughable.

What I will say though is that I really think he should take a leaf out of Vardy's book and add some aggression to his game. Vardy didn't get a touch for about 8 minutes after coming on so what does he do? Steams in to Shaw and let's them know about his presence in the game. From that point United's defence were constantly worried about him.

I know it's hard to change your personality but I really think if Nacho could add a bit of Vardy-esque aggression and hyperactivity to his game he'd find himself less on the periphery. What I love about JV is that he gets stuck in, he can't stand to not be involved.

Totally agree with this. The bloke seriously lacks that edge. He's got the quality in his game. He's got a lovely left foot. He's just that bit too easy to keep quiet.

On 12/08/2018 at 17:52, l444ry said:

Iheanacho is in a difficult position. Can't play anywhere but centre forward with is ridiculous in this day and age for forwards. He's not in the same street as Vardy for that role so it'll be bench for him unless Puel goes with two up top, which is hardly likely..

Lineker would be a luxury in this day and age,especially for a mid table prem club.Alan Smith However would probably thrive.

• Like 1

At home at least,and for early season O would have Vardyand Nacho together,still play Maddison and Gray...

Eg:

Vardy      Nacho

Madison

Gray.            Silva

Ndidi 

Chils                Pereira

Maguire Evans

... I don't believe Nacho can play up front with Vardy as twin strikers. Nacho is better a bit deeper picking the ball up and running at the defence. This way they will not be making the same runs or taking each others space. 

Just a thought, what if we played Maddison alongside Ndidi, with Gray, Nacho and Ghezzal as the three and Vardy up front. 

I suspect we could be losing Maddison's influence further up the pitch but we could play through him as this was the role DD played. Drinkwater just didn't push forward enough to influence the game as per Cambiaso. 

Just a thought! 

14 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... I don't believe Nacho can play up front with Vardy as twin strikers. Nacho is better a bit deeper picking the ball up and running at the defence. This way they will not be making the same runs or taking each others space. 

Just a thought, what if we played Maddison alongside Ndidi, with Gray, Nacho and Ghezzal as the three and Vardy up front. 

I suspect we could be losing Maddison's influence further up the pitch but we could play through him as this was the role DD played. Drinkwater just didn't push forward enough to influence the game as per Cambiaso. 

Just a thought! 

We've waited long time for a creative attacking midfielder like maddison,who gets in those penalty box positions,and he's got goals in him...

Noway,would I personally,want to change his present positioning,for somewhere deeper..!! ..DDs role was a role for him!! He's gone.

Plus Madds  has got More technic,and is quicker.

Maddison now has to  stamp his character, onto the team which will be a  welcoming and needed change of style into this new

era and set up for Leicester.I

• 2 months later...

If Pep Guardiola thought he wasn't good enough to play for Man City, then who thought we should spend 30 odd million for him. Seems to me that Pep is very clever at getting rid of players he sees not fit to play his style while his buys are very good. 

Kelechi, has been very poor for us, I really don't believe he wanted to join us in the first place but couldn't do much about it as Pep didn't want him and no one else was interested in him

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

If Pep Guardiola thought he wasn't good enough to play for Man City, then who thought we should spend 30 odd million for him. Seems to me that Pep is very clever at getting rid of players he sees not fit to play his style while his buys are very good. 

Kelechi, has been very poor for us, I really don't believe he wanted to join us in the first place but couldn't do much about it as Pep didn't want him and no one else was interested in him

Bit nonsensical isn't it... there are plenty of players not good enough that are worth £30m... not that he's one of them, but not being good enough for one of the best teams in the world is hardly an indicator of not being good enough for Leicester City.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

He's only just turned 22 and could really do with the fans support and help to build him up, though sadly I can already start to see it turning the other way...

Yeah I think he's one of those where fans get on his back unfairly over the slightest mistake, him and Ghezzal seem to be the whipping boys at the moment. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

I think people forget that he has never been given a full chance at either Man City or Leicester. He's so far been a bit part player and when you see his stats based on actual minutes played, I personally think it's impressive.

Man City

He only played 1281 minutes of football (which totals 14 full games) over 2 seasons at Man City in the EPL and scored 12 and assisted 4.

He played 176 minutes of Champions league football (2 games) and scored 2 goals.

He played 6 FA Cup games and scored 5 goals.

Leicester

He's played 1437 minutes (16 games) over 2 seasons and scored 4 goals and assisted 6.

He played 5 FA Cup games and scored 4.

He's only just turned 22 and could really do with the fans support and help to build him up, though sadly I can already start to see it turning the other way...

To be fair, if we were looking to sign a player of that age with those stats, then I think we would say it looked a promising buy. I think it's a confidence thing from both parties - he comes on, messes up, crowd reacts, he drops his head. He had such a great preseason as well... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Topman said:

To be fair, shinji did more in 5 mins than he did in 20, nacho doesnt gives the team the energy required, he had 2 shocking touches in our own half which nearly resulted a goal for Burnley, Shinji ahead of him in my option

Thats unfair comparison. Workrate is okazaki strength and nacho weakness. 

Its like compare wes morgan and demarai gray dribbling ability, surely favor one side. 

Or let say like this. How many goal and assist did he made? Nah

I don’t understand the hatred towards this guy.hes not really had a real run in imhis natural position.yes Man City got rid but he was never going to compete with the likes of aguero and sane etc.plus he’s got big boots to fill probably being vardys eventual replacement.

but I genuinely believe that given a good few games and a good run with a few goals under his belt the boy will shine.the boys git talent that’s clear to see he just need that confidence bringing out about and if someone can get that out of him I really do think we could seriously have a genuine class striker in our team.

so let’s get behind him and support him rather that slagging him off.and I’m baseing this off watching him in training sessions I’ve watched he puts a lot of effort in he’s no slouch he really does have potential.

• Like 1

He always looks promising and dangerous when brought on as a sub and rightly earns a place in the starting lineup then when he gets a start he goes missing for large parts of the match and gets subbed off. Maybe he’s a modern day Rooster and his best position is super-sub!

Still can't work him out, can look brilliant, can look like a pub player.

Never seems to take his chance when given a start and often looks very lethargic and disinterested. One thing you always expect from young players is enthusiasm. Can't see him ever nailing down a place in the starting XI.

33 minutes ago, MattP said:

Still can't work him out, can look brilliant, can look like a pub player.

Never seems to take his chance when given a start and often looks very lethargic and disinterested. One thing you always expect from young players is enthusiasm. Can't see him ever nailing down a place in the starting XI.

Bit like Yakubu then.

He’s a 9 not a 10 and should be challenging Vardy for his spot and playing in cup games and the last 10 minutes of fames we are leading (if we ever are going to be leading a game) not being given square holed opportunities.

The amount of chances he has every time he plays, I genuinely don't think it will be long before he starts banging them in regularly.

In all honesty though, I still think hes only at about 70/80% of his potential fitness. He needs a kick up the arse - if he can get himself at the peak of his physical potential he could be lethal.