Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gwyn

Time for a Puel in thread.

Just now, Shane said:

I mean including last season and pre-season.

That's understandable, He was trying to find out the quality of the squad last season. 

Pre season it was about giving everyone a game to up their fitness.

Other than maybe the new signings I doubt if you will see many changes week to week as he tries to build a settled side.

11 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That's understandable, He was trying to find out the quality of the squad last season. 

Pre season it was about giving everyone a game to up their fitness.

Other than maybe the new signings I doubt if you will see many changes week to week as he tries to build a settled side.

He clearly has no idea what his best side is and I think he’ll be tinkering with the team for the next few games minimum.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He clearly has no idea what his best side is and I think he’ll be tinkering with the team for the next few games minimum.

I wouldn't say he has no idea, His hands were forced at the weekend due to injuries and absentees.

He knows things are not quite right or what he wants. I think his biggest problem is in midfield.

The new players have get up to the fitness for the premiership. Then fit them into the Squad.

So we might see a bit of tinkering for a while in Defense and Midfield.

11 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I wouldn't say he has no idea, His hands were forced at the weekend due to injuries and absentees.

He knows things are not quite right or what he wants. I think his biggest problem is in midfield.

The new players have get up to the fitness for the premiership. Then fit them into the Squad.

So we might see a bit of tinkering for a while in Defense and Midfield.

I think his biggest problem is four wingers with little final product.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think his biggest problem is four wingers with little final product.

Yes that's also a valid point, Successful Teams are usually built from the back. While we seem to have sorted out the defense in terms of personnel. We're still too light in midfield. I just don't see Iborra or Silva cutting it for 38 games.

Diabate hasn't had enough training yet, We're still building him up. Gray is still adjusting to finding his way. He had a few chances to shoot on Friday and chose the wrong option.All part of his learning, Right now he;s trying to be positive and not make mistakes. As he relaxes into the season he'll improve immensely. Funnily I have a feeling he will score this weekend against Wolves.

I can imagine that the likes of Schmeichel and maguire were delighted to see amartey in the side ...... I expect one of the justifications for refusing to allow them to look into a move was that we had strengthened in our weak areas.  Playing DA at right back is not enough of an upgrade and it can be argued at OT it is worse than playing Simmo 

puel cannot continue to make bad calls - when things work out you are a hero but when questionable calls do not, you get it in the neck !

the line up for wolves will be interesting .....

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I can imagine that the likes of Schmeichel and maguire were delighted to see amartey in the side ...... I expect one of the justifications for refusing to allow them to look into a move was that we had strengthened in our weak areas.  Playing DA at right back is not enough of an upgrade and it can be argued at OT it is worse than playing Simmo 

puel cannot continue to make bad calls - when things work out you are a hero but when questionable calls do not, you get it in the neck !

They've had to play next to Wes, simmo and Okazaki so I'm sure they are used to it by now

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Peter Schmeichel wasn't that impressed with him according to this article:-

http://footballghana.com/peter-schmeichel-tears-daniel-amartey-apart-after-poor-show-against-manchester-united

Legendary goalkeeper, Peter Schmeichel has taken a swipe at Daniel Amartey after he put up a disappointing display in Leicester City’s defeat against Manchester United on Friday evening.

The Ghana international gave away a penalty and he was very poor throughout the 63 minutes he stayed on the field.

Paul Pogba scored from the spot kick in the 3 minute before Luke Shaw doubled the lead for Manchester United.

But substitute, Jamie Vardy scored a face-saving goal for Leicester City in the 90 minute.

And Schmeichel who was a pundit for the game on SuperSports described Amartey’s performance as a terrible one.

“Amartey had a terrible game. I was surprised he took him off in the second half.

"He should have taken off in the first half."

Daniel Amartey sets three infamous record on the opening day of the English Premier League - the First player to give away a penalty kick, the first player to be booked and the first player to be substituted.

Quite harsh. :S 

In fairness, Amartey actually had a decentish run at right back for us. I rubbished the idea of him playing there before but he did well there back in January time.

Problem is he's a bit of a loose cannon. Prone to complete stupidity every now and then.

29 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Stories on news now claim Puel has 2 games after Fridays loss. If for one minute that has any truth in it our owners need to get real.

A great performance mates only buy a silly penalty and a lucky bounce. It will probably take six games before we get in full flow.

Talk of a sacking is ridiculous.

Mared only by? 

Mates only buy.... Pints? 

Pork scratchings? 

Nothing (if they're tight)? 

56 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Stories on news now claim Puel has 2 games after Fridays loss. If for one minute that has any truth in it our owners need to get real.

A great performance mates only buy a silly penalty and a lucky bounce. It will probably take six games before we get in full flow.

Talk of a sacking is ridiculous.

I did kinda say... if we start losing, no way is he going to be given anywhere near a season. If we start losing, he’ll be gone before Christmas I think.

:thumbup:

Some of what I’m reading on here this season already is beyond belief.

• Like 2

On 13/08/2018 at 15:57, Suzie the Fox said:

Peter Schmeichel wasn't that impressed with him according to this article:-

http://footballghana.com/peter-schmeichel-tears-daniel-amartey-apart-after-poor-show-against-manchester-united

Legendary goalkeeper, Peter Schmeichel has taken a swipe at Daniel Amartey after he put up a disappointing display in Leicester City’s defeat against Manchester United on Friday evening.

The Ghana international gave away a penalty and he was very poor throughout the 63 minutes he stayed on the field.

Paul Pogba scored from the spot kick in the 3 minute before Luke Shaw doubled the lead for Manchester United.

But substitute, Jamie Vardy scored a face-saving goal for Leicester City in the 90 minute.

And Schmeichel who was a pundit for the game on SuperSports described Amartey’s performance as a terrible one.

“Amartey had a terrible game. I was surprised he took him off in the second half.

"He should have taken off in the first half."

Daniel Amartey sets three infamous record on the opening day of the English Premier League - the First player to give away a penalty kick, the first player to be booked and the first player to be substituted.

Quite harsh. :S 

Just honest....

He was...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Ricardo looked more comfortable on the wing than he did at right back IMO. Early days though obviously. 

I do agree with this. Undoubtedly, Ricardo didn’t look settled at RB at all. I guess it might be hard to swap position mid way through a game? But you’re spot on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I do agree with this. Undoubtedly, Ricardo didn’t look settled at RB at all. I guess it might be hard to swap position mid way through a game? But you’re spot on.

I think Puel made a tactical decision (a more defensive right hand side) due to us playing one of the big six away from home.  In hindsight it did not work but I don't see it as a massive error or signs he does not know what he is doing.  I imagine against the bigger teams we might sometimes see either Chilwell or Ricardo further up with Amartey/Fuchs behind and then a more attacking line up in more "winnable" games.  As bad as Amartey played Puel cannot really be blamed for the penalty, that was a freak and a terrible decision by the player.  I think you are right that he will tweak a lot and does not yet know his best team but I have confidence in him tactically.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I did kinda say... if we start losing, no way is he going to be given anywhere near a season. If we start losing, he’ll be gone before Christmas I think.

:thumbup:

Some of what I’m reading on here this season already is beyond belief.

But would you even consider sacking him based on fridays game.

To me based on that game he deserves more time not less.

Wow me and Col chatting and not bitching at each other. Strange lol lol 

Edited by sylofox
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Big mistake ditching Simpson as now we're back to square one in solving the RB position!