Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gwyn

Time for a Puel in thread.

5 minutes ago, Deebhoy said:

Read on the BBC Cluade has two games to save his job - how utterly ridiculous.  I think we have make great signings this summer and are moving forward. 

Don't believe everything you read. How could that be the case if the chairmen invested 100s of millions into his team

Think he made a good tactical call to change the shape to 3-4-3/3-5-2 when he brought Amartey on. Plenty of fans round me were whinging about Amartey, but the change of shape helped us keep the clean sheet. Traore had been finding plenty of space in behind Albrighton and Ricardo, but putting Amartey in there cut off some of the space, and Traore soon switched wings and didn't have so much influence in the end.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 17/08/2018 at 14:16, sphericalfox said:

The main problem is if the fans wanted to sing him a song, the syllables of his first and last name don't roll easily into ready made song fodder, and he doesn't  (and unlikely will ever) have a nickname to make up for it.

Obviously, we should be working out what lyrics work in French.

One of my gripes at the moment is that far too often we don't look to break their lines by making forward runs. Most of it was played with our players having their backs to theirs. We'd get ourselves in the position to overlap and break, but far too often the run wasn't made. We'd have been far more dangerous if we took a few more chances.

i don't think there is any doubt that Puel has a real understanding of the game of football. He has identified the weaknesses in our club and attempted to rectify them. We now have a modern football team that can play passing, attractive football. Obviously there is a lot more work to do but now we have a young, exciting team after only one window. i was one of the doubters last season but can see that our club is now heading in a positive direction. He may not have the personality that some fans require but if he can make us into a young vibrant football team he has my vote.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pete from the USA said:

I like that Leicester are putting in good performances under Puel despite the new-manager bounce having worn off, particularly if you include Arsenal and Tottenham from last season. This never happened under Shakespeare. 

Because he is streets ahead of Shakespeare in terms of managerial experience and technical,tactitional knowledge.

In Puel we trust

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

One of my gripes at the moment is that far too often we don't look to break their lines by making forward runs. Most of it was played with our players having their backs to theirs. We'd get ourselves in the position to overlap and break, but far too often the run wasn't made. We'd have been far more dangerous if we took a few more chances.

I’ve pointed this out to my Dad yesterday. With the midfield formarion, neither Wilf or Mendy will break from poisition. Therefore if Maddison becomes well marked, the movement becomes very static. 

Over the course of two games, we are playing well in patches for sure. Seemingly yet to perform a complete 45 minutes of quality play, let alone 90.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I getcha, but isn’t that what the full backs are doing?

And I’m sure I saw Mendy break forward a few times yesterday?

• Like 2

Feeling strangely frustrated after the Wolves win. Yes there were real positives to take but but we were poor for much of the first half and rode our luck.

The win just felt a bit undeserved I guess.

Still, 3 points is welcome and hopefully Claude’s language practice will continue.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I getcha, but isn’t that what the full backs are doing?

And I’m sure I saw Mendy break forward a few times yesterday?

I'm not saying it doesn't happen at all, I'm saying they didn't take the opportunity enough when it was there. Too often both the full back and winger were in a position to overlap and break and they didn't take it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’ve pointed this out to my Dad yesterday. With the midfield formarion, neither Wilf or Mendy will break from poisition. Therefore if Maddison becomes well marked, the movement becomes very static. 

Over the course of two games, we are playing well in patches for sure. Seemingly yet to perform a complete 45 minutes of quality play, let alone 90.

Possibly a case of Horse for courses. Maybe those 2 were partnered to nullify the creative wolves midfield, I wouldn't be surprised if Silva was back next week v Southampton as they don't have such creativity in midfield and it will be down to us to break a more defensive setup. Every game is different and Puel realises this, a lot of fans see aimless changes he sees tactical tweaks and uses his squad to best counter what's in front of his team.

• Like 2

Work in progress for me. We needed to change our style of football from our title win. We know that. Like many, I'm beginning to see what Puel is trying to do and he should be given time to develop the formation and line-up without looking over his shoulder - ie at the sack race.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I'm not saying it doesn't happen at all, I'm saying they didn't take the opportunity enough when it was there. Too often both the full back and winger were in a position to overlap and break and they didn't take it.

Get used to seeing the midfield two being static because that’s their role in their team. They might go forwards on occasion but because Puel’s system relies on fullbacks bombing on those midfield two have to sit to give us some shape if we lose the ball. One of the reasons why Madders will have licence to drift around will be because the two in midfield sit. 

But as for the winger / fullback situation you are quite right and I noticed that too particularly with Gray and Chilwell. What was really odd is they were doing it seamlessly at Old Trafford but seemed a bit hesitant versus Wolves. Not really sure why that was (perhaps they were instructed to do it less) but I’d assume that as the season develops this will improve on both flanks. Before it felt like we didn’t even have the players to do it but now we do and it’s just the relationships that need work. 

On the official website Puel said that during the drinks break after Neves went down at around the 20 minute mark that he had the time to correct some of the mistakes we made and after that point we had control of the game. So I think it’s fair to say the players still need to get used to the system. 

• Like 2

On 18/08/2018 at 17:26, Deebhoy said:

Read on the BBC Cluade has two games to save his job - how utterly ridiculous.  I think we have make great signings this summer and are moving forward. 

Also read Martinez / Thierry Henry are in line for the job. Hit that one on tbe head Henry lòoks like hes off to Marseille. Puel must be given a chance