Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

He broke a lot of hearts in Scotland the feelings towards him is pure hatred 

football illicit’s these feelings 

His timing was terrible but his decision was the correct one , Celtic is a huge club in terms of followers but the reality it financially it’s a championship club ! 

His family at home have been particularly stung by the the whole leaving Celtic thing they live amongst hardened Celtic Fans and it must be tough seeing him hated despite the fact that he changed the course of the club

This will always hurt him personally , professionally he is ruthless and good on him for doing the right thing for him at the right time 

a good man , badly tarnished by fans of a club he loves , by events he really couldn’t have taken a gamble with 

glad we have him , for how ever long that is 

Edited by LinekersLugs
  • Like 2

I wonder what the actual percentage of fans hate him... I don’t really do social media so have no idea if there are more positive comments on there. There MUST be a decent amount of Celtic fans that like him or else the club wouldn’t have even considered interviewing him.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Did we harbour such ill feelings towards MON ???  No, cos we’re classy and Celtic supporters simply are not (apart from the few that come on here )

No, but Brian Little and Mark Mcghee ruffled a few feathers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Did we harbour such ill feelings towards MON ???  No, cos we’re classy and Celtic supporters simply are not (apart from the few that come on here )

I don't think Brian Little would say that. lol

• Like 1

I wish Celtic all the best in the Europe League next season.  Winning such a competitive League 9 times in a row is massive achievement.   Taking a much smaller Club to potentially a top 4 place in the EPL, is a walk in the park.  Big mistake BR coming to Leicester.  Should have stayed there.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goober said:

Didn't they complete their treble that season without him anyway? With the club he built up and left there? Honestly one of the weirdest hatreds going that

They disliked Tierney after he went to Arsenal in all. Arsenal, despite their current 'plight' are an enormous club – it's like they've all been brainwashed into thinking Celtic is the be all and end all in football.

• Like 3

Love it 😊 Celtic fans think their club is massive but it actually isn’t anymore. They play in a very poor league, and are way behind the PL clubs in terms of finance. BR came here, knowing he was on a bigger stage, getting paid more, and working with superior players, against superior opposition week in week out.

They can’t argue with those facts. Plus it looks like we are heading to the CL so even more reason, they can’t even hold that one over us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Guest Markyblue

The Celtic situation is a weird one, they could be a huge club in the right league but it's never going to happen and probably accounts for the bitterness,  but they are not alone in that to be honest. 

It's so weird but football is literally life or death with some folk. I can't imagine hating on a manager of ours who won absolutely every trophy possible (domestically and therefore realistically anyway) who left us to move on to better things

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

They disliked Tierney after he went to Arsenal in all. Arsenal, despite their current 'plight' are an enormous club – it's like they've all been brainwashed into thinking Celtic is the be all and end all in football.

No, they didn't. Maybe the odd fan but the fanbase on a whole still love Tierney. 

4 hours ago, jmono84 said:

I wonder what the actual percentage of fans hate him... I don’t really do social media so have no idea if there are more positive comments on there. There MUST be a decent amount of Celtic fans that like him or else the club wouldn’t have even considered interviewing him.

It's weird, even the most level headed Celtic fan still hold a grudge with Brendan. It certainly has died down a little but on a whole they still resent him. I would go as far as saying that Celtic fans hold more ill will towards him than Rangers fans do which is strange considering the succes he brought to the east end of Glasgow. 

10 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Really got up some Scottish nostrils realising Celtic were no longer bigger than us. 

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Love it 😊 Celtic fans think their club is massive but it actually isn’t anymore. They play in a very poor league, and are way behind the PL clubs in terms of finance. BR came here, knowing he was on a bigger stage, getting paid more, and working with superior players, against superior opposition week in week out.

They can’t argue with those facts. Plus it looks like we are heading to the CL so even more reason, they can’t even hold that one over us. 

Let's get it right, Celtic ARE a massive club. In comparison to us, they are inferior when it comes to talent, finances a d the slaudience in which they reach but given their fanbase, stadium and the infrustucte they have at the club, they ARE bigger than us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

No, they didn't. Maybe the odd fan but the fanbase on a whole still love Tierney. 

It's weird, even the most level headed Celtic fan still hold a grudge with Brendan. It certainly has died down a little but on a whole they still resent him. I would go as far as saying that Celtic fans hold more ill will towards him than Rangers fans do which is strange considering the succes he brought to the east end of Glasgow. 

Let's get it right, Celtic ARE a massive club. In comparison to us, they are inferior when it comes to talent, finances a d the slaudience in which they reach but given their fanbase, stadium and the infrustucte they have at the club, they ARE bigger than us. 

I didn’t mention they weren’t, but they aren’t what they use to be either... basically not an elite club anymore 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I didn’t mention they weren’t, but they aren’t what they use to be either... basically not an elite club anymore 

You said the were not a massive club anymore and that's just not true. Not the size they were but still huge.

17 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I mean, you can type "Tierney snake / rat" into Twitter and there are scores and scores of folk slating him. I think saying the fanbase on a whole love him is a bit much.

Put it this way, I'm scottish, I live on the west coast. Atleast 50% of my friends and family are Celtic supporters, I watch quite alot of games, talk about them on a daily basis and from the people I've encountered, there is no ill will towards Tierney what so ever. 90% of the folk I've spoke about it to would welcome him back with open arms.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I mean, you can type "Tierney snake / rat" into Twitter and there are scores and scores of folk slating him. I think saying the fanbase on a whole love him is a bit much.

To be fair, not many people go onto twitter to be positive. 

I don't think you can generalise a fan base by what you read on social media. Well... you obviously can, but you'll most likely be wildly inaccurate.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Put it this way, I'm scottish, I live on the west coast. Atleast 50% of my friends and family are Celtic supporters, I watch quite alot of games, talk about them on a daily basis and from the people I've encountered, there is no ill will towards Tierney what so ever. 90% of the folk I've spoke about it to would welcome him back with open arms.

35 minutes ago, filbertway said:

To be fair, not many people go onto twitter to be positive. 

I don't think you can generalise a fan base by what you read on social media. Well... you obviously can, but you'll most likely be wildly inaccurate.

You can't generalise, no - and perhaps I was by insinuating their goblin fans disliked him as a majority - but in this isntance you can definitely use it to pour cold water on the statement that the fanbase in general love him, can't you? 

It's no better or worse a demographic of people than the "50% friends and family" mentioned above, is it? One man's social circle?

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

9 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

You can't generalise, no - and perhaps I was by insinuating their goblin fans disliked him as a majority - but in this isntance you can definitely use it to pour cold water on the statement that the fanbase in general love him, can't you? 

It's no better or worse a demographic of people than the "50% friends and family" mentioned above, is it? One man's social circle?

I'd say the fact you refer to footie fans on twitter as goblins (which I don't disagree with) is a testament to the fact they're probably not the best voices to listen to. These are probably the same people that respond to bookmakers tweets saying "scam", "these stole my money", "why didn't you pay out my bet?"

I'm probably biased as I find twitter an awful place as soon as I look at comments :D

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd say the fact you refer to footie fans on twitter as goblins (which I don't disagree with) is a testament to the fact they're probably not the best voices to listen to. These are probably the same people that respond to bookmakers tweets saying "scam", "these stole my money", "why didn't you pay out my bet?"

I'm probably biased as I find twitter an awful place as soon as I look at comments :D

Aha, I was referring to Celtic fans as goblins mate!

• Like 1