Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

I know it will go down as brilliant Liverpool for this season but I believe this season has been woeful compared to many previous 1s.

The sign of a competitive league is 6 or 7 teams within a few points of each other not 20 or what ever it is from 2nd but it won’t because it’s Liverpool and we won’t hear the end of it.

How many actually think Liverpool have been great? Yes they deserve to win but it’s down to workmen like performances rather than say a Arsenal invincible season or Man U / C  triple where those 3 clubs played teams off the park, there have been many Liverpool wins where they were 2nd best but still got the win and I know the usual pundit reply of sign of a great team bit of an oxymora but you know what I mean, once or twice in a season yes but there have been many for Liverpool like that this season.

I'm not being salty Towards Liverpool, I’m a Foxes supporter first and then a football supporter and I will support the team that plays the best football always (with the odd underdog support thrown in) but most of the time I’ve watched Liverpool they haven’t carved open teams it’s VVD spraying the ball from halfway to final 3rd for their front 3 to run onto, when they do its amazing when DD or Mahrez did it for Vardy it was anti football.

They have also been littered with last minute goals and pens and in TAA & AR they have 2 of the best fullback style players but also 2 of the dirtiest along with Henderson and Wijnaldrum, look how many times they will break up play with a foul it’s constant yet how many yellows do they get...ok starting to get salty now so will leave it lol

'Nothing will ever replace how I felt at that moment': Leicester's title-winning heroes four years on from the tears and cheers that followed the 5000/1 shock triumph and THAT party at Jamie Vardy's house

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8280595/Nothing-replace-felt-moment-Leicesters-title-heroes-four-years-on.html

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If they're awarded it, we can always say "yeah but, you didn't win it properly".. It's petty but I'd enjoy it.

... And an asterix next to their name engraved on the base of the trophy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

'Nothing will ever replace how I felt at that moment': Leicester's title-winning heroes four years on from the tears and cheers that followed the 5000/1 shock triumph and THAT party at Jamie Vardy's house

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8280595/Nothing-replace-felt-moment-Leicesters-title-heroes-four-years-on.html

'The same Ranieri who made youngster Tom Lawrence captain for a pre-season friendly after mistaking him for veteran midfielder Dean Hammond.'

I had no idea this happened 😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

Still gives me goosebumps 

6 hours ago, Webbo said:

Has a photo of the 16/17 season when Amartey scored at Stoke halfway through it lol 

8 hours ago, BKLFox said:

I know it will go down as brilliant Liverpool for this season but I believe this season has been woeful compared to many previous 1s.

The sign of a competitive league is 6 or 7 teams within a few points of each other not 20 or what ever it is from 2nd but it won’t because it’s Liverpool and we won’t hear the end of it.

How many actually think Liverpool have been great? Yes they deserve to win but it’s down to workmen like performances rather than say a Arsenal invincible season or Man U / C  triple where those 3 clubs played teams off the park, there have been many Liverpool wins where they were 2nd best but still got the win and I know the usual pundit reply of sign of a great team bit of an oxymora but you know what I mean, once or twice in a season yes but there have been many for Liverpool like that this season.

I'm not being salty Towards Liverpool, I’m a Foxes supporter first and then a football supporter and I will support the team that plays the best football always (with the odd underdog support thrown in) but most of the time I’ve watched Liverpool they haven’t carved open teams it’s VVD spraying the ball from halfway to final 3rd for their front 3 to run onto, when they do its amazing when DD or Mahrez did it for Vardy it was anti football.

They have also been littered with last minute goals and pens and in TAA & AR they have 2 of the best fullback style players but also 2 of the dirtiest along with Henderson and Wijnaldrum, look how many times they will break up play with a foul it’s constant yet how many yellows do they get...ok starting to get salty now so will leave it lol

Liverpool this year have been MUCH better than Invincibles Arsenal. That vintage of Arsenal was boring, playing for a draw from about January. Much better when they didn’t have ‘invincible’ ringing in their ears. 

If we complain that people don’t give us credit for 2016, it’s pretty piss poor to deny that Liverpool have been a relentless, unforgiving winning machine this year. Lucky when they needed it (Mane dived, and VAR is shit for not acknowledging it), but so were we. Whether they are acknowledged champions or not, they have been far and away the best team in the league, in a year when the bottom team, Norwich, have beaten us and Man City and generally played a pretty decent standard of football.

• Like 1

Liverpool are a very unlikeable club anyway but they have an incredibly unlikeable team. There’s not really any characters or interesting personalities in it either. Robertson is an absolute cúnt, TAA is a shitbag, Mane and Salah are diving pricks. Even the non outright ***** are pretty boring. Klopp is a colossal bellend an all.

I’ve rapidly gone off Man City over the past few years after previously preferring them to the other big clubs but even so their side is much more likeable. Sterling, Aguero, De Bruyne and Silva are all great to watch and seem relatively sound. Liverpool’s players that are good to watch are heinous or dead boring. Plus their fans are wretched people 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Liverpool are a very unlikeable club anyway but they have an incredibly unlikeable team. There’s not really any characters or interesting personalities in it either. Robertson is an absolute cúnt, TAA is a shitbag, Mane and Salah are diving pricks. Even the non outright ***** are pretty boring. Klopp is a colossal bellend an all.

I’ve rapidly gone off Man City over the past few years after previously preferring them to the other big clubs but even so their side is much more likeable. Sterling, Aguero, De Bruyne and Silva are all great to watch and seem relatively sound. Liverpool’s players that are good to watch are heinous or dead boring. Plus their fans are wretched people 

Really agree with the like ability factor, when Milner is the player I start to think I like the most, and rate, you know the rest are a bunch of 5hit houses lol

36 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Firmino would be class for us. Imagine him teeing up Vards and Maddison twice a week (imagine anyone doing it right now tbf...) He seems genuine, humble and a decent bloke, and he’s a clever footballer.

Think people have way too much hatred for Liverpool here-they have spent three seasons working, not whingeing (a la Mourinho, Pep, Fergie, Benitez, Wenger etc), have torn up the Champions League after years of English navel-gazing and excuse making, and have generally played good football. Yeah they’re a bit cynical, but God knows Man City are worse, and Barca are proper scum. We’re third in a league behind Billionairebot’s Pep-led Man City and a team 20 points ahead of them. If we claim they’re shit, it’s a pretty sad state of affairs for our league...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Firmino would be class for us. Imagine him teeing up Vards and Maddison twice a week (imagine anyone doing it right now tbf...) He seems genuine, humble and a decent bloke, and he’s a clever footballer.

Think people have way too much hatred for Liverpool here-they have spent three seasons working, not whingeing (a la Mourinho, Pep, Fergie, Benitez, Wenger etc), have torn up the Champions League after years of English navel-gazing and excuse making, and have generally played good football. Yeah they’re a bit cynical, but God knows Man City are worse, and Barca are proper scum. We’re third in a league behind Billionairebot’s Pep-led Man City and a team 20 points ahead of them. If we claim they’re shit, it’s a pretty sad state of affairs for our league...

not whingeing, crikey 

they’ve become complete cu nts. every liverpool fan i knew was so sound until they got good again. now they’re all barely worth talking to about footy. 

• Like 3

Leicester City player Christian Fuchs has recorded an empty JFK airport as he heads back to England ahead of an expected return to training.

Premier League clubs are beginning to recall players to training grounds, while maintaining social distancing guidelines, including Arsenal and Tottenham.

Players with families abroad were allowed to spend part of the lockdown back home but are now returning to these shores, with clubs reporting giving out 48-hour notices to travel back.

Fuchs is among them, having spent time with the Fox Soccer Academy in New York and training with his family and pets.

Ahead of jumping on his flight, Fuchs posted a video of an eriee-looking JFK airport.

Premier League clubs will again meet on Friday to further discuss options to conclude the season, with neutral venues being considered.

Leicester City's King Power Stadium is reportedly one of eight stadiums in the frame to host matches

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jfk-airport-empty-premier-league-project-restart-a4431006.html

• Like 2

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 14:30, Mickyblueeyes said:

The Benjamin/Collymore story gives me a further indication that Peter Taylor’s man-management skills were atrocious. Two players had a falling out (over a game, not off the field stuff) and he gets rid of the one who, quoting Piper “looked like Zidane” out of position! Manage the situation man, get the guys in the office the next day and tell them to work it out. 

He failed miserably here not only because of his piss poor transfer record but because of his ego issue with big characters. Considering the squad he knew he was taking over, he really was a bad choice. We were filled with eccentric characters. He did the same with Cottee and Walsh when both could’ve been valuable voices in that dressing room when the shit hit the fan. 

Maybe I just want to have a dig at Taylor because that video brought up some bad memories from a difficult period for the club (I still remember when the Piper deal was announced and I was absolutely gutted). 

Taylor wanted Collymore out from the off, I remember being absolutely buzzing for the start of the season with Stan back from his ankle break. But very quickly he was barely playing, he'd been superb in the win at Stamford Bridge and i'd hoped that would be the start of a run of games from the twat but no. Continued to demote him to the reserves and it unravelled from there. It was quite clear back then that Collymore was very delicate mentally, he'd been on the scrapheap only a year earlier at Villa with a manager of equal atrocious man management skills as Taylor in John Gregory. However, O'Neill showed how good Collymore could be if he was handled with care but Taylor evidently didn't have the ability or enough about him to try. Still one of the most infuriating parts of our demise was the likes of Collymore and Cottee being allowed to just fade away and absolute dog shit like Akinbiyi and Benjamin brought in instead. Taylor should have served time in prison for crimes against football.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Taylor wanted Collymore out from the off, I remember being absolutely buzzing for the start of the season with Stan back from his ankle break. But very quickly he was barely playing, he'd been superb in the win at Stamford Bridge and i'd hoped that would be the start of a run of games from the twat but no. Continued to demote him to the reserves and it unravelled from there. It was quite clear back then that Collymore was very delicate mentally, he'd been on the scrapheap only a year earlier at Villa with a manager of equal atrocious man management skills as Taylor in John Gregory. However, O'Neill showed how good Collymore could be if he was handled with care but Taylor evidently didn't have the ability or enough about him to try. Still one of the most infuriating parts of our demise was the likes of Collymore and Cottee being allowed to just fade away and absolute dog shit like Akinbiyi and Benjamin brought in instead. Taylor should have served time in prison for crimes against football.

O'Neal only managed Collymore for about 6 games, with his injury and O' Neal leaving. Nobody can be certain that the relationship wouldn't have broken down if it had lasted longer. Collymore had a history of trouble even then.

18 hours ago, Stadt said:

I'm not sure i agree with the likability thing. Liverpools squad come across as a really decent bunch of lads. Klopp appears to have created a brilliant atmosphere there that's clearly got them all playing for each other and at their highest possible level. Yes people might find them boring but I'd love a coach like Klopp that just instils confidence and belief in your abilities. It's what Rogers does too. I'm not sure i look at any of the players in the Liverpool team and think they are toxic. I agree with the diving but every team has those.

That being said, their fans are very unlikeable. 

23 minutes ago, srex9 said:

I'm not sure i agree with the likability thing. Liverpools squad come across as a really decent bunch of lads.

Robertson, horrible little c but who pushes players into advertising hoardings all the time and gets away with it.

TAA is a snide twat who gets away with all  sorts.

Mane and Salah are horrific divers.

Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum are alright but they’re mostly nobbers of the highest order. Klopp is an unreal coach but he’s also insufferable 

38 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Robertson, horrible little c but who pushes players into advertising hoardings all the time and gets away with it.

TAA is a snide twat who gets away with all  sorts.

Mane and Salah are horrific divers.

Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum are alright but they’re mostly nobbers of the highest order. Klopp is an unreal coach but he’s also insufferable 

Henderson is a tosser, he spends way too much time wining in the refs ear.