Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Yes it's bit of a flawed concept.

He probably wasn't consistent enough to get in the list, but would someone like Kinkladze not qualify because he played for one of the "big 6" even though Man City were utter bobbins at the time?

• Thanks 1

Guest seanfox778
16 hours ago, Floridafox said:

We live in the United States. Earlier today my wife was watching the NBC Morning Show. They were doing a live interview with Matthew McConaughey, asking how he and his family were dealing with Covid 19 quarantine. They showed Mcconaughey's son and guess what shirt the boy is wearing?!

Matthew Mc Small.jpg

Probably a gift from Kasper, when they did that film together. 

charlie-hunnam-matthew-mcconaughey-buddy-up-for-the-gentlemen-screening-770x540.jpg

On 28/04/2020 at 21:16, Floridafox said:

We live in the United States. Earlier today my wife was watching the NBC Morning Show. They were doing a live interview with Matthew McConaughey, asking how he and his family were dealing with Covid 19 quarantine. They showed Mcconaughey's son and guess what shirt the boy is wearing?!

Matthew Mc Small.jpg

Found the clip here if anyone wants to watch it

https://www.today.com/video/matthew-mcconaughey-talks-about-new-psa-in-which-he-plays-bobby-bandito-82672197870

It's also on his wife's insta.

On 29/04/2020 at 14:18, urban.spaceman said:

Funny isnt it, most people are complimentary on that thread.

Know I've said it before but there more I see of these the more grateful I am coronavirus didnt hit in 2016. No Everton trophy match, no parade and no nerves!

People mention Liverpool not getting their celebration match / trophy parade but its likely they'll win it again within the next few years and can celebrate then, we'll probably not do again in most of our lifetimes.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Funny isnt it, most people are complimentary on that thread.

Know I've said it before but there more I see of these the more grateful I am coronavirus didnt hit in 2020. No Everton trophy match, no parade and no nerves!

People mention Liverpool not getting their celebration match / trophy parade but its likely they'll win it again within the next few years and can celebrate then, we'll probably not do again in most of our lifetimes.

Assume you mean 2016? 

People mention teams in our season being in transition and that helped- in the 2003/04 season, Newcastle finished 5th with 13 wins.

Below the top three that league wasn't special, in our season all of the top seven finished with more points than fourth that year. Liverpool finished 4th with 60 in 2004 and 8th with 60 in 2016.

Going unbeaten is a sensational achievement but the league wasn't miles better back then.

• Like 1

What’s weird is that you see some folk saying “everybody else was rubbish that year and nobody talks about it”, yeah they do, it was said constantly at the time and ever since. Even if everybody else was rubbish why was it a relegation candidate at 5000-1 that won the league? Because we were ****ing brilliant

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

What’s weird is that you see some folk saying “everybody else was rubbish that year and nobody talks about it”, yeah they do, it was said constantly at the time and ever since. Even if everybody else was rubbish why was it a relegation candidate at 5000-1 that won the league? Because we were ****ing brilliant

...and will they say that this year with MC, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, MU all under performing against their own and the media's perceived view of their performances - No!

15 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Yeah really frustrates me. As if it was other teams' fault that we won the league, not that we took the initiative and had the right talent/dynamic to win it when no-one else stepped up!

Apparently Tottenham, Arsenal and Man United are in a never ending “transition”. The media won’t ever allow one of their darling clubs to be referred to as rubbish. The amount of times I’ve heard that their all in “transition” this season is unbelievable. Same can be said for Chelsea. Even when we were in second the title race was between Man City and Liverpool. 

• Like 1