Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

Guest Markyblue
58 minutes ago, Simon73 said:

I am a wolves fan and you was very very lucky to win we will see who finishes higher at the end of the season and as for Vardy some of you  saying it’s not a red card are you watching the same game I wanted you lot to win the premier league and was rooting for you but now after saying we are shit and some of you deluded fans saying you hope we get relegated I will be rooting for any teams that play you and you think Maddison is better than any of our players   You are dreaming if you think he is better than neves or Moutinho you have been in this league quite a number of years we are establishing ourselves and we will stay up no problem 

I think you've been hooked and netted fella. 

7 hours ago, Fadsie said:

You literally made up a figure to try and match your argument. Anyone who watched the game knows wolves dominated possession, shots, corners. Trying do deny it and pretend you played well is embarrassing really. A couple of leicester fans have told it how it is that you won 2-0 but were 2nd best in every other department. If you are a top half team then over the course of 38 games the luck will hopefully balance out. We will learn to be more clinical but would be surprised if we are lower than you in the table in may. Cause based on yesterday we are better!!!1493284326_Screenshot_20180819-100002_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.15bb7b0486815ebc8f5c69280385ba5d.jpg

Not every stat. We beat you in fouls.

1 hour ago, Simon73 said:

I am a wolves fan and you was very very lucky to win we will see who finishes higher at the end of the season and as for Vardy some of you  saying it’s not a red card are you watching the same game I wanted you lot to win the premier league and was rooting for you but now after saying we are shit and some of you deluded fans saying you hope we get relegated I will be rooting for any teams that play you and you think Maddison is better than any of our players   You are dreaming if you think he is better than neves or Moutinho you have been in this league quite a number of years we are establishing ourselves and we will stay up no problem 

Flattered, but you’ve got too much time on your hands if you are going to root for our opponents every week :scarf:

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Except that it wasn’t a tackle or a challenge. He just got to the ball first and kicked it. The other guy arrived late and probably should have been booked for getting in the way.

This reminds me of the ‘not the nine o clock news’ sketch where the guy is arrested for head butting the policeman’s foot .......

2 hours ago, Simon73 said:

Nice one Si 

I’m on the phone to the FA to ensure the result is reversed because it is totally unfair... 

• Haha 1

We have an off day, half our players look nervous and haven't gelled, we give them ten or fifteen free minutes at the start of both halves, we have a man sent off, we let them take shots all day from outside the area and we STILL beat them comfortably. 

Welcome to the big league, kids. 

Have a fun season being the new Bournemouth, impressing everyone with your "good football" and fighting off relegation. 

Results matter. Possession doesn't. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There are a few things that the Wolves fans need to get used to in the premier league...

Good teams win games even when they aren’t playing well, poor teams may appear to be playing well but don’t win games... results mean everything performances don’t mean a great deal, good teams learn how to win when they are not at their best.

Football is a bit like food, you can put the best ingredients together on paper, and it look brilliant on a plate, but it might taste like shit... yet you can slap together a beige dinner, it not look sexy but tastes incredible....Wolves are a bit like the former, yes they look good on paper and can occasionally pass the ball around well, but when it comes to the business end of the pitch they’re frankly, shite. 

And if you want to start throwing stats around, two games played, against ten men, and didn’t win either. 

You were average and we were average, there was one good chance "created" in the whole game and I put it like that because it was our own error that created it for you.

The rest of the game was a load of huffing and puffing and nothing created.

Luck had nothing to do with it, poor shooting and poor defending settled it.

Edited by Babylon

Oh Simon you're breaking my heart. We won the league recently and played in the Champions League but all we really want is the approval of a bunch of dingles from Wolverhampton!

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

Playing against 10 men is often harder to break down as you get less space, especially when they are already in the lead like you and Everton both were.

I think you have to take into account we've played two teams who should be top 10 by the end of the season. It's a tough start to have, and will get even tougher next weekend against Man City. I said before the start of the season, it wouldn't surprise me to only get 1 point from our first 3 games and I'll probably be right.

• Like 1

Just now, The Bear said:

Playing against 10 men is often harder to break down as you get less space, especially when they are already in the lead like you and Everton both were.

I think you have to take into account we've played two teams who should be top 10 by the end of the season. It's a tough start to have, and will get even tougher next weekend against Man City. I said before the start of the season, it wouldn't surprise me to only get 1 point from our first 3 games and I'll probably be right.

Why will we finish top 10 if we were only lucky against you and offered nothing? 

Just now, The Bear said:

Good to see a reasonable Wolves fan, they seem few and far between. Yes you were unlucky yesterday and could have got a result another day. But I think you're far off being a decent PL team. The amount of Wolves fans who are expecting to rock up and challenge at the top of the table after not being in the PL for over a decade is embarrassing.

Related image

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Do not think anything is personally aimed at you but some of your fellow fans are in for a real shock and big learning curve. No expert on Wolves but thought you had drifted around the championship for a while and not really challenging. Went for it last year big time and hit the jackpot. Must have been your best season for sometime. Wolves were a big club but that is back in black and white and some seem to think there is a where we belong attitude something Leeds,Villa and Sunderland seem to have. Problem now is serious money is involved and the gulf between the championship and the Premier is huge. Nobody has a God given right to win every game (Man City will probably expect to win most). We came up with a similar feel good factor as yourselves winning the league indeed our squad had longer to gel but were written off. 3/4 of that season we struggled put in decent performances yet really struggled for points and took a miracle and faith in the manager from the board to keep us up and a decent run in. As long as Wolves keep positive you should have enough to stay up then look to cement a place in this league. We know we were poor yesterday and gifted far too many chances we created very little, nothing according to some played for 30 mins with 10 men yet scored 2. That is the difference with this league, think you grasp this yet some of your fellow fans seem unable to grasp this they might be salty now but wait till the refs start doing you over against the real "big clubs"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1