Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

Just now, The Doctor said:

Also, I'll say on that display, I was wrong about Evans. I said he was as bad as Morgan, he's actually worse. 

He looked shakey, but half of the game is about relationships and knowing what others will do. Thought he grew into it after the goal.

• Like 3

Just now, Babylon said:

He looked shakey, but half of the game is about relationships and knowing what others will do. Thought he grew into it after the goal.

Shaky is generous, the moment they got up against him they were through, and far too easily. If Morgan put in that display people would be demanding he was shipped off to Hinckley.

• Like 3

He was in complete control and got the ball. If a rule is applied that says you can be sent off even though you get to the ball first because of ‘excessive force’ then the rule is ludicrous.

Excessive force is surely only excessive in that an opponent is unfairly endangered. If  the opponent endangers himself by getting to the ball late then it’s his own fault. What’s the point of sending players off when they honestly challenged and won the ball?

• Like 2

Just now, Col city fan said:

Spot on... after the crazy first 20 or so, I don’t think Wolves looked like scoring.

Because Chilwell and Periera dealt with them down the wings and Mendy/Ndidi as a combo controlled the midfield. Everything had to protect Evans because he looked cumbersome and was easily beaten whenever challenged. Even in the air their forward seemed to win more than his fair share

10 minutes ago, DrezZone said:

LCFC need to appeal for Vardy's red since he got to the ball first. I'm sure Vardy didn't even try confronting the ref about it because he knows that Dean is a douchebag

Waste of time IMO as the FA don't usually overturn these decisions, I agree he won the ball but it is the follow through. You cannot tackle like this in todays game, a few years he would have got away with it.

Looking forward to seeing Grey, Maddison and Ian play looked good in pre-season.

3 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

He was in complete control and got the ball. If a rule is applied that says you can be sent off even though you get to the ball first because of ‘excessive force’ then the rule is ludicrous.

Excessive force is surely only excessive in that an opponent is unfairly endangered. If  the opponent endangers himself by getting to the ball late then it’s his own fault. What’s the point of sending players off when they honestly challenged and won the ball?

Excessive force sir.

• Sad 1

It seems Puel wants to keep the ball in the middle of the park with the sole aim of stopping the other side scoring and creating few clear scoring chances . We have limited striking options. We buy 4 defenders, no strikers, but you get rid of 3 strikers, leaving you with one and a bit strike force. I don't understand the logic, I'm not sure where Puel is taking us? 

Edited by southfox66
  • Like 1

I've watched the tackle over and over and over again. I still think the red was harsh. He clearly won the ball, I don't believe there was malicious intent, but I guess it's the aggressive nature intermixed with the real time speed helped make up Dean's mind. 

I have no idea what the Wolves player was doing, it's like he bottled it last minute and was duly 'beaten' to the ball. 

I'm going to watch another ten times and maybe, just maybe I'll have to edit my post.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, southfox66 said:

It seems Puel wants to keep the ball in the middle of the park with the sole aim of stopping the other side scoring and creating few chances. We have limited striking options. We buy 4 defenders, no strikers, but you get rid of 3 strikers, leaving you with one and a bit strike force. I don't understand the logic, I'm not sure where Puel is taking us? 

Agree with this to a degree, but last season we shipped too many goals.  This had/has to stop. Scoring goals is not an issue for us. Defence was always going to be the focus.