Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

I'm not suprised we started so badly. The pressure that we are putting on ourselves and that the media are putting on us is just stupid. Sounded like a good win to get that we had to grind out and this game along with the Man U one it looks like we'll be alright this season.

Puel picked Mendy today which was a suprise and it sounded like he had a good game it also sounded like the new signings had positive impacts, I hope Puel gets the credit for that today. I believe that if the owners want this team to be a project we're building a good one.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

I know it's not his natural position / what we signed him as / etc - but why couldn't Maddison play as a Outside MF in a 442?

Ndidi + Iborra/Silva/Mendy in middle

Maddison + Gray/Albrighton on wing

Vardy + Iheanacho/Okazaki up front

I think Maddison is best in the middle, he has been impressive and I think eventually it will work. Early days.

I dont think we have any intention of changing back to 2 up front anyway, as we only have 3 strikers and one of them is Okazaki who has potential to miss the goal from 1 yard out lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Merging Cultures said:

Let me just pause it for you... Vardy in motion to strike the ball... the other player hardly in shot.

Screenshot 2018-08-18 at 18.25.35.png

So you just go round putting your studs into a player's knee with force and get away with it because you kick the ball?

Had it been so blatant he was getting to the ball so clearly first, why does he need to dive in like that at all?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

I think Maddison is best in the middle, he has been impressive and I think eventually it will work. Early days.

I dont think we have any intention of changing back to 2 up front anyway, as we only have 3 strikers and one of them is Okazaki who has potential to miss the goal from 1 yard out lol 

def not saying he's not best in the middle and we should change our regular setup.  I just think it could be an option

Happy with 3 points and hard to really judge a game when the commentator seems to be watching a different game. You make your own luck and plenty of positives. Silly tackle by Vards and you know Deane will pull a red straight out given any chance against us. Considering Maguire has never played a competitive match with Evans and that is probably the same with Wilf and Mendy, Maddison and Vardy and also Ricardo and Albrighton have never played together so plenty to be positive about. Biggest one though has to be shutting Don Goodman up, surely they can find him a gig in the new Star Trek Next generation series. Loved the slightly overhit pass from Traore on the edge of the box that went for a goal kick only about 6 yards in front of the attacker

Whereas the last couple of seasons teams have put 3 players to mark Mahrez out of the game...

....we now have a stealth creative midfielder in Maddison. Hope other teams don't catch on too soon.

With Maddison and Ricardo I am hopeful for this season.

Edited by theadmans

3 minutes ago, theadmans said:

Whereas the last couple of seasons teams have put 3 players to mark Mahrez out ofthe game...

....we now have a stealth creative midfielder in Maddison. Hope other teams don't catch on too soon.

With Maddison and Ricardo I am hopeful for this season.

Keep in mind too, they knew all about Maddison from last season - in fact they tried to sign him, right?  So they probably had a decent idea about how to defend him at least at the beginning.  He grew into the game after that and ended up playing very well.

Edited by TeaMen Tom

13 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Vardy was in control. He got there first and kicked the ball. I guess the other guy wasn't in control as he was late to the ball and bundled into Vardy...

Puel next game: Guys, don't kick the ball incase an opposition player does a 50:50 challenge and your foot follows through after striking the ball...

He was in control yet still caught the player at speed high up on his shin.  That would be worse.

I don't want it to be a red any more than you do, but it was a red.   

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We shithoused that and no mistake. after I gave Chilwell a bit of stick in pre season I thought he was MOTM today.

I wasn’t quite so convinced, I thought when traore went onto the right he caused him a few problems. I sat watching the game with two wolves fans (total gents) and they thought Chilwell was superb. They were thinking he should be playing for England ASAP. So maybe I’m too critical.

Edited by Strokes

Glad we won that. Even better that it's slightly undeserved. Wolves are a shit fvcking team who think they're Man City with their fancy flicks and through balls and their elitist fans.

Hope they get relegated. Offered next to nothing once we decided to step up a gear.

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

So you just go round putting your studs into a player's knee with force and get away with it because you kick the ball?

Had it been so blatant he was getting to the ball so clearly first, why does he need to dive in like that at all?

Jeeez, I guess you've never kicked a ball. So let me explain. Usually, the ball is positioned slightly in front, or inline with your standing leg, often inline with your knee. As per Vardy's position in the picture I posted. If it is behind you, then you're not going to be very successful. So no, he wasn't diving in. The ball was in a good striking position.

The other player on the other hand is not near the ball and as you watch the motion he has pulled out of it. Thus they get tangled. It is the other player that isn't in control. Vardy is merely striking the ball hard.

• Like 3

They’ll struggle this season. Enthusiastic for the first 20 then looked like a championship side full of Portuguese players that know one else wants, if they were any good the big side would have bought them. They couldn’t even score against a 10 man Leicester with a referee that is known for disliking us. Mendes has had them over. Didn’t they have an Everton player sent off? It’s only so long that tactic will work

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1