Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

7 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

So you just go round putting your studs into a player's knee with force and get away with it because you kick the ball?

Had it been so blatant he was getting to the ball so clearly first, why does he need to dive in like that at all?

It’s a red, no mistake about it. However I don’t think Vardy has intended it to be viscous, even though it was.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Absolutely right. People talking about Vardy using excessive force in a tackle are completely misinterpreting the incident.  Vardy doesn't even make a tackle. He kicks the ball. The oppo guy gets it because HE is making a tackle, and a very late one at that. If there is anything at all in this it is a free kick to us.

As for following through and being out of control, Vardy's standing foot only starts to go, naturally, just before he makes contact with the oppo player. This is what you expect to happen when you kick the ball, and there's nothing wrong with it.

Totally on the button. Thats not a sending off!!!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We shithoused that and no mistake. after I gave Chilwell a bit of stick in pre season I thought he was MOTM today.

He definitely was today. That was a more controlled performance. Clearly playing to a system which brought the Goals.

Then revert to a measured defensive performance. Denying them an real opportunities.

Take our 3 points and move on to the next game. 

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

It’s a red, no mistake about it. However I don’t think Vardy has intended it to be viscous, even though it was.

No I don’t think it was vicious. No doubt he’s gone in with some force to leave his mark, as i’d expect but he’s got it wrong and it’s a sending off. 

Imagine Ned if that was against Vardy and the player only got a yellow. The place would be fuming and some weirdos would claim it a conspiracy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Jeeez, I guess you've never kicked a ball. So let me explain. Usually, the ball is positioned slightly in front, or inline with your standing leg, often inline with your knee. As per Vardy's position in the picture I posted. If it is behind you, then you're not going to be very successful. So no, he wasn't diving in. The ball was in a good striking position.

The other player on the other hand is not near the ball and as you watch the motion he has pulled out of it. Thus they get tangled. It is the other player that isn't in control. Vardy is merely striking the ball hard.

You need to work on your technique if you’re kicking a ball like that. Tend to find it works better if you’re stood up after you’ve kicked it for a start

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

No I don’t think it was vicious. No doubt he’s gone in with some force to leave his mark, as i’d expect but he’s got it wrong and it’s a sending off. 

Imagine Ned if that was against Vardy and the player only got a yellow. The place would be fuming and some weirdos would claim it a conspiracy. 

Part of the charm of the game that hopefully VAR won't ruin!! :)

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

You need to work on your technique if you’re kicking a ball like that. Tend to find it works better if you’re stood up after you’ve kicked it for a start

Bit hard when another player flies uncontrollably into you... ;)

And with the pace of the game, I am not surprised that when a guy gets to a ball ahead of the competition his standing leg might give way after striking the ball.

Edited by Merging Cultures

4 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Yeah totally agree. I’d go mental if it was against us.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Chilwell and Gray look like they’ve matured a lot since last season. They’ll still have their moments but overall they’ve been great so far

Yeah they look like they’re beginning to come of age. Gray in the second half was excellent both tactically and individually. He was my motm.

Took us a while to get going, the first ten minutes especially were absolutely shocking, Ricardo kept getting caught up the pitch, Evans kept getting beat every single time, if it wasn't for the post and Kasper we could've been 2-0 down. Then we finally got ourselves into the game, the goal came and our confidence grew, after that we dominated.

Second half we had to toughen it out, I thought we defended better with 10 men than when we had 11. Evans got better as the game went on, Maguire was a rock, Schmeichel caught pretty much everything that went into the box.

Wasn't perfect but yet again there were plenty of positives, the partnership of Mendy and Ndidi in particular was magnificent,  Mendy especially was all over the pitch, making tackles, making interceptions, the most impressive thing though was his passing, he was looking to get the ball forward and he hardly gave it away. Ricardo was hit and miss but he's an exciting player to watch, Maddison was similar to last week, good first half, ineffective in the second.

3 points, clean sheet and more positives, happy days :D 

12 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Are the voices back again?  Tell Ned to fuch off and leave you alone. 

Defensively we were all over the place to start with. Evans was getting drawn out to right back and ripped a new one. 

A lot of pluses some negatives and a result that flattered us a little. 

Not sure about Vardy’s red. It was a full bloodied tackle that won the ball, not a red card for me. 

36 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We were overran for the first 20 mins, saved by the woodwork twice, defensively all over the place because of Riccardo positioning.

We were lucky, massive fluke of a own goal to take the lead! 

Comical passing around at the back at times especially when Chillwell poked under Kasper. 

What the sublime goal, that took a defection? 

Poor maybe a strong word but from my seat we looked very average.

To many people taking the result into action when judging the performance!

Hitting the post is off target still

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very promising two games. Not spectacular today by any means but job done! Ricardo, Mendy played very well and Wilf was, well...Wilf at his best ?. Rocky start but once they put through their own net it knocked the stuffing out of them. Wolves will do okay, but on that performance lack a cutting edge at this level. We took our chances, they didn’t ???