Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

Where has @The Bear gone hiding? Come on lad you're a brave man for posting here will give you that. Concede, kneel before us and admit we are better.  Lol

Hard luck. Got a good team and cannot see you going down this year. I think the expectations from your fans and pundits are over hyped though.  You know how it is being in the prem league and to think its a walk back in like Billy big bollocks is wishful thinking at its finest. 

We won the league and have a tough time being top 10. Let it sink in.

40 points is your goal. Everything beyond that is top.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Haha 1

I dont think it was a red, I have been watching pundits  on tv and listening and I have heard it being described as one of the worse tackles ever, reckless, he deserves a six game ban etc. Many pundits also keep comparing it to gazzas foul in the fa cup, I dont know what they are watching but its nothing like that as he just dived into the player and kicked him. Vardy  goes it to win the ball and wins it, his leg follows through but I dont see how its possible to kick the ball and then do a dead stop with your leg to stop it moving forward.If he or any other player no longer bother going in to win the ball, the media and fans would criticise those players especially if it resulted in a goal . I can always remember Beckham jumping out of a challenge against Brazil that resulted in a goal and he got stick for it.   

Gazza fa cup

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TazzerFox said:

Not getting this Evans hate at all.. You would think he made numerous mistakes which resulted in them scoring a hatfull. He had a shaky 20 minutes mainly because he was getting dragged out wide due to Ricardo being out of position and allowing balls over the top in to that left wing channel. After that he was as solid as you like and helped in defending set pieces.

The only reason he didn't make numerous mistakes leading to numerous goals was literally only because of Wolves' woeful finishing and a superb goal line clearance from Chilwell.

Evans gifted Wolves 4 or 5 chances within the opening 20 minutes alone.

Morgan had a perfectly decent game last weekend but got slaughtered for the one or two misplaced passes every player makes a game. If he'd put in the performance Evans did today you'd have about 10 threads on here begging him to retire.

It was his first game so I'm not saying we should write him off by a long way. But if an established player put in that kind of performance the knives would be out far more than they are here. It was a performance laden with far more defensive mistakes than any performance the much maligned Morgan or Simpson have put in for us over the past season or so.

That being said, it was just one game and there's no reason to think it will continue but some of other players have been slaughtered for far far better performances than Evans put in today.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

Pretty sure Evans and Maguire only met first time in the tunnel but we got away with it.

Vardy was getting the misery due to no ball and he messed up a cross just before the red card then a couple of nibbles at him and bang he lost it .

Mendy looked like 90 % of a Kante which is good.

Subs were needed 10 mins earlier Gray was shot when Vardy went off and should have put his hand up but I guess they don't do that.

We will now see how we can play without the Vardy influence or a few games.

3 points though

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Arguments like this are pointless purely because we weren’t 3-0 down

Why is it a argument, im saying lucky not to be 0-3 down after 20 mins and hope we didnt use all our luck up 

AN OWN goal and a deflected shot only add to the luck being with us today

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Why is it a argument, im saying lucky not to be 0-3 down after 20 mins and hope we didnt use all our luck up 

AN OWN goal and a deflected shot only add to the luck being with us today

Makes up for the luck we didn't have last week, but that's football...

38 minutes ago, Bert said:

Just a presumption but I think a lot of people complain that they can’t see the players coming out. 

Back to the game. Not getting the Evans slating. Numerous times he was caught was because Ricardo was out of position. Thought Albrighton had a stinker, nothing came off for him. 

Apart from the cross for the first goal, which went well :ph34r:. I agree it wasn't his best game by far, but I'll be generous to him and suggest that playing with Ricardo will take a bit of getting used to.

I think Evans will settle in pretty quickly, he finished much better than he started. Nice to see us going to a 3 (as far as I could tell) even before Vards went AWOL, we looked pretty solid in the closing 20.

A strange game but with very good Premier League game management. We suffered from this inexperience when we came up.

We really gave them a back hand bitch slap and they must be thinking WTF just happened, we were quite good?

Vardy must have thought we had time travelled back to the Championship playing Wolves.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've got some players who flatter to deceive but Adama Traore is next level at being devoid of any end product. He's abysmal.

Got to disagree with you there, I thought he looked like the only person that could haul them back into it. He was making his debut and forced Puel into bringing in Amartey to nullify his threat down the left wing (which was a great call by the way), to which Nuno Santos moved him to the other wing where he still looked threatening, and did get in at least one very dangerous cross. I do agree that for how good his dribbling is, his end product isn't nearly as good, but I thought he looked like a very good player today and at 18M it will be interesting to see how he gets on because quite possibly he's one that got away. I guess everyone sees it differently, but every time he got the ball I winced a bit, whereas when anyone else from Wolves got hold of it, I didn't really panic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've got some players who flatter to deceive but Adama Traore is next level at being devoid of any end product. He's abysmal.

The pinnacle of pace but lacking a brain. I've just been on the Wolves forum too and some of them speaking as if he's going to be superb.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I reckon he’d make a decent cruiser weight boxer tbf

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Got to disagree with you there, I thought he looked like the only person that could haul them back into it. He was making his debut and forced Puel into bringing in Amartey to nullify his threat down the left wing (which was a great call by the way), to which Nuno Santos moved him to the other wing where he still looked threatening, and did get in at least one very dangerous cross. I do agree that for how good his dribbling is, his end product isn't nearly as good, but I thought he looked like a very good player today and at 18M it will be interesting to see how he gets on because quite possibly he's one that got away. I guess everyone sees it differently, but every time he got the ball I winced a bit, whereas when anyone else from Wolves got hold of it, I didn't really panic.

I usually agree with you, but not over this. Sure, he’s strong as an ox and quick, but the times his final pass was a little too short, or went straight out into touch etc was clear. If he wasn’t an athlete, he’d never be a footballer.

• Like 2