Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

To me, that applies to tackles. If a players struck the ball and you've ran into his follow-through, and you get injured then frankly you've only got yourself to blame.

If it’s not a tackle then what the bloody hell is Vardy doing lamping the ball out of play like that?

Come on, take the blue tinted specs off. If it was an opponent you’d be the first on here demanding a red card.

29 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Some will argue that seeing it as a tackle at all is missing the point.

Whether a red can be awarded doesn't turn on whether it is technically a tackle, so again, these people would be focused on the wrong thing.

• Like 1

Just now, ttfn said:

If it’s not a tackle then what the bloody hell is Vardy doing lamping the ball out of play like that?

Come on, take the blue tinted specs off. If it was an opponent you’d be the first on here demanding a red card.

Dunno if you actually saw the incident but he swung a quick pass out to chilwell...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

I'm trying, I really am . . . but those blue tinted specs are tattooed on my eyeballs!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tylesta said:

You said wolves was unlucky I'm just stating that hitting the post is off target. 

Never said anything about hitting the post being unlucky.

I said the own goal was lucky on our part.....

Edited by coolhandfox

It was an okay game, we beat a half decent side with a relatively decent performance. Evans’ start was somewhat suspect but he eventually grew into the game, he hasn’t really played with Maguire yet so it’s no real surprise. Mendy looked decent too, both he and Ndidi looked relatively comfortable together, my only concern was how slow we are at times, in patches we looked really lively when in others we look laborious, something we need to try and sort out. The Vardy incident was one inevitable, I noticed a few times he was getting pissed off with the lack of service hat he was getting and he then lost it for a split second, it was an outrageous challenge and he was rightfully sent off. Other than that it was a decent performance, always a good sign when you can win and not be at your best, early days but I’m happy.

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Thought Evans was decent in the 2nd half. Defence looked more organised than it has in ages, I didnt feel like we would concede like I usually do.

It seemed like Wolves went away from attacking him so much, which was a bit shocking, really. But perhaps he was just better. That first half though, yikes, he was awful, Soyuncu can't be ready soon enough, he should walk right into the starting 11 if he's as good as reported. Wish we'd spent for Dragovic instead of moving for Evans, though I certainly get why we did at those cut-rate prices.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Even with mine on I'm afraid I can't defend the indefensible....possible career ending challenge that!

• Haha 2

Just now, DerbyshireFox said:

Having seen the replay, it’s a straight red unfortunately. He’s won the ball but it’s the follow-through that’s cost him. When your studs end up near someone’s knee, even if you win the ball nowadays it’s a red

I agree, it is a leg breaker, it isn’t the 70’s or 80’s and thankfully not you can’t do that 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, danny2997 said:

Who were the clowns at the front of SK2 who don't know how a banner works? Shocked and appalled. :doh:

In other news, Mendy was fantastic, very impressed with him today. 

It was a joke people on the front didn’t want to do it so wouldn’t pass it on to us further up! We kept asking but they ignored us