Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 2-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers - Results & Man of the Match

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

When you consider Morgan got 5.50 last weekend, the Evans rating is generous. He was much worse than Morgan was last weekend who didn't really make any mistakes. Certainly not gifting the opposition  several chances as Evans did early on.

In the first half Evans was all over the shop but in the second he didn't put a foot wrong.

7 hours ago, That_Dude said:

lol@evansrating

lol@managerconfidence

Never change FT. Just never change.

Evans rating was generous, he was diabolical 

Do agree with the manager confidence though - he puts in a better job than last week, more people want him gone than last week lol

58 minutes ago, Sampson said:

But the ratings are over 90 minutes. He made more than enough chance-gifting mistakes than should be acceptable from any defender in the first 20 minutes.

The only reason we were 3-0 down by 20mins due do Evans mistakes were solely down to poor finishing from Wolves and a superb goal line block from Chilwell.

If that performamce had been Morgan, Simpson or Amartay they'd have had much, much lower ratings.

Evans' rating is very, very kind considering what Morgan and Amartay got rated against ManUtd.  

Yeah like you said, the ratings are over 90 minutes.

Once we and he settled into the game he was absolutely fine and didn't give their striker an inch.

I think i'd have given him a 4 for the first half an hour and then a 7 or 7.5 for the rest. I think 5.05 is a fair reflection of the game.

I think it's more that people over criticised Morgan and Amartey than under criticised Evans.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

But the ratings are over 90 minutes. He made more than enough chance-gifting mistakes than should be acceptable from any defender in the first 20 minutes.

The only reason we were 3-0 down by 20mins due do Evans mistakes were solely down to poor finishing from Wolves and a superb goal line block from Chilwell.

If that performamce had been Morgan, Simpson or Amartay they'd have had much, much lower ratings.

Evans' rating is very, very kind considering what Morgan and Amartay got rated against ManUtd.  

Am I missing something with all these Wolves 'chances'? Aside from the Chilwell block on the line, weren't all of their other shots (all of the ones which hit the woodwork, anyway) from outside the box?

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

Am I missing something with all these Wolves 'chances'? Aside from the Chilwell block on the line, weren't all of their other shots (all of the ones which hit the woodwork, anyway) from outside the box?

Yeah they only really had one genuine goalscoring chance.

Love these polls. Democracy at work. From the only people who matter. And normally spot on.

Forget all other newspaper and website player ratings. These are the business. Just a shame we have to wait so long for the results.

5 hours ago, Hammo said:

Love these polls. Democracy at work. From the only people who matter. And normally spot on.

Forget all other newspaper and website player ratings. These are the business. Just a shame we have to wait so long for the results.

Think you’re being hard on @DB11 who does this in his own time voluntarily. Besides, people have to be given time to vote.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

On 24/08/2018 at 13:07, Sampson said:

When you consider Morgan got 5.50 last weekend, the Evans rating is generous. He was much worse than Morgan was last weekend who didn't really make any mistakes. Certainly not gifting the opposition  several chances as Evans did early on.

What about the Morgan wayward pass that could have cost us a goal and got Amartey a yellow??

11 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Think you’re being hard on @DB11 who does this in his own time voluntarily. Besides, people have to be given time to vote.

Don't mean to be hard on the good fellow at all. Quite the contrary. As I said, these polls are great. It would just be nice to have the results sooner while the game is still fresh in the memory. I mean, how long do you need to cast your vote (before you've forgotten what you've seen)? I always do mine within 24 hours of the thread appearing.

3 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Don't mean to be hard on the good fellow at all. Quite the contrary. As I said, these polls are great. It would just be nice to have the results sooner while the game is still fresh in the memory. I mean, how long do you need to cast your vote (before you've forgotten what you've seen)? I always do mine within 24 hours of the thread appearing.

Not everyone logs on daily though, so giving it a week is enough time for everyone to get in their votes, which in turn will give a clearer reflection of how FT members vote. 

7 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Not everyone logs on daily though, so giving it a week is enough time for everyone to get in their votes, which in turn will give a clearer reflection of how FT members vote. 

Fair enough.

On 23/08/2018 at 20:45, The Doctor said:

Amazed Wolves, the saviours of football, are ranked lower than Man Utd, who were dirge. 

To be fair, a bit more luck, they would have been a coupe up before we even woke up.

Wolves are no Saviours but a decent side, who on another day could have beaten us comfortably.

We are not firing anywhere near what we are capable of, but we need to solve the problem like wolves, be more clinical in front of goal, and find that final clinical pass, as we are sloppy at ties.

Again not slating us, if this team clicks like it looks like it could, we just might have a good season.

20 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

It is useful to garner voting from those who actually went to the match rather than who saw/heard it broadcast. The matchgoers get a different and better view of "off the ball" play, positioning, fitness and tactics, and are unbiased by commentators and pundits.

I was at the Wolves match and broadly agree with the scores. We need more cutting edge, and I hope that Puel brings in a new striker in January, one who suits his style of play.

Edited by foxinsox