Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brawl breaks out between fans at the King Power Stadium during professional boxing event

Video here - https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/brawl-breaks-out-between-fans-2015641

A video of a mass brawl has emerged after fans started fighting at a professional boxing event at the King Power Stadium last Saturday.

The incident was caught on camera at Leicester City FC's home ground the King Power Stadium, where local boxers were competing.

But the night was overshadowed by the fight which occurred outside of the ring.

Footage from the night shows a flare-up erupting in the crowd, with chairs being hurled around inside the venue.

Chairs were thrown as the brawl broke out at the King Power Stadium
Leicestershire Police has told Leicestershire Live they were called about the incident at 10pm by security at a private event.

A police spokesperson said: "We were called just after 10pm on Saturday evening by security at a private event, but they did not request a police presence.

"There was a further call after the event which police did attend. No one was arrested or reported injured."

A Leicester City FC spokesperson said: “We are reviewing evidence from an incident that took place at the stadium on Saturday evening to determine any revisions to security procedures that may be necessary.

"The club strongly condemns such behaviour and will work with its stadium events partners to prevent any future incidents of this nature.”

Organiser Carl Greaves Promotions has been contacted for a comment.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

This is pretty much par for the course at boxing isn't it. Scores of morons rocking up, getting on the beers and powder and ending up thinking they're Anthony Joshua. Bound to kick off.

Well exactly, bring enough unpleasant individuals together in one place, stick drink and drugs in their body and it's a powder keg. The surprise was it took till 10pm for it to kick off.

24 minutes ago, davieG said:

Video here - https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/brawl-breaks-out-between-fans-2015641

A video of a mass brawl has emerged after fans started fighting at a professional boxing event at the King Power Stadium last Saturday.

The incident was caught on camera at Leicester City FC's home ground the King Power Stadium, where local boxers were competing.

But the night was overshadowed by the fight which occurred outside of the ring.

Footage from the night shows a flare-up erupting in the crowd, with chairs being hurled around inside the venue.

Chairs were thrown as the brawl broke out at the King Power Stadium
Leicestershire Police has told Leicestershire Live they were called about the incident at 10pm by security at a private event.

A police spokesperson said: "We were called just after 10pm on Saturday evening by security at a private event, but they did not request a police presence.

"There was a further call after the event which police did attend. No one was arrested or reported injured."

A Leicester City FC spokesperson said: “We are reviewing evidence from an incident that took place at the stadium on Saturday evening to determine any revisions to security procedures that may be necessary.

"The club strongly condemns such behaviour and will work with its stadium events partners to prevent any future incidents of this nature.”

Organiser Carl Greaves Promotions has been contacted for a comment.

English yobo trash,on home soil....please keep  them there,thank God for brexit...:mad:

I used to go to loads of small hall shows and you very rarely saw any aggro. You get the odd fight at big events but it seems now to happen at everything and even charity/white collar shows. 

No idea how this has crept in but lad culture, booze, drugs is certainly playing a part. Half the twats who turn up for Joshua fights don't really have any interest in boxing at all.

Edited by MattP

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

I used to go to loads of small hall shows and you very rarely saw any aggro. You get the odd fight at big events but it seems now to happen at everything and even charity/white collar shows. 

No idea how this has crept in but lad culture, booze, drugs is certainly playing a part. Half the twats who turn up for Joshua fights don't really have any interest in boxing at all.

And most seem to be lads who lift rather than those that can actually fight...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

And most seem to be lads who lift rather than those that can actually fight...

Certainly. Maybe they are showing that ability by deciding to lift and throw chairs.

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I must have seen about 6 fights break out at Groves v Eubank and that was just during and after the main event

Two blokes fell onto me and a mate fighting at Groves v De Gale during the match, literally landed on us while we were watching it.

It's a complete shitshow now - even Horse racing is starting to get it.

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

Two blokes fell onto me and a mate fighting at Groves v De Gale during the match, literally landed on us while we were watching it.

As long as they stay away from the football.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, davieG said:

As long as they stay away from the football.

Often wonder if the crackdown on football has partly be responsible for the increase in violence at other sports.

If that had occurred at the football no chance would we have had no arrests.

44 minutes ago, MattP said:

Did you see the crowd brawl in Fury's comeback? Dread to think of the kind of crowd he attracts.

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Did you see the crowd brawl in Fury's comeback? Dread to think of the kind of crowd he attracts.

I did, I had a friend who was literally a few rows from it and it's the same people who often cause trouble at his fights, I could tell you who they are, but I could be accused of things.

So you'll just have to imagine who they might be, where they might be from and what sort of accommodation they live in. lol

Edited by MattP

....and there's more

Leicester and Nottingham rivalry sparks huge brawl between boxing fans at King Power Stadium

ByChris Jones
17:26, 19 SEP 2018

A brawl which broke out between fans at a professional boxing event in Leicester is believed to have been caused by local rivalries.

Some 150 boxing fans travelled down from Nottingham to Leicester's King Power Stadium to support Nottinghamshire fighter Brad Daws on Saturday, September 15.

The match was Daws's professional debut, against Nicaraguan Elvis Guillen.

Promoter Carl Greaves told Nottinghamshire Live: "There was a large Nottingham following there, and that didn't go down well.

"I didn't put two and two together with the rivalry between Nottingham and Leicester fans.

"[Brad Daws's] fans were singing about Nottingham, and the Leicester fans didn't like it.

"The Nottingham lads were told to quiet down, but didn't.

"Scuffling started, and chairs got thrown. But security stopped it quite quickly."

He added: "Brad doesn't follow football, but obviously some of his fans do. It's boxing, but football gets involved."

He said he had had a "good chat" with the venue following the event, but did not feel he would be able to put another Brad Daws fight on in Leicester.

A Leicester City Football Club spokesman said:“We are reviewing evidence from an incident that took place at the stadium on Saturday evening to determine any revisions to security procedures that may be necessary.

Seems like it's roots were in football.

4 hours ago, MattP said:

Agree totally. Go to the local boxing events & you will never see any problems. 

6 hours ago, davieG said:

....and there's more

Seems like it's roots were in football.

I like that it goes straight from scuffling starting to chairs being thrown like that's a natural progression.

I would imagine a lot of the people involved are no more proper football fans than they are boxing fans - they're just nobs looking for an excuse to get drunk and fight and will go anywhere that provides booze and can guarantee other similarly inclined nobs who will fight back.

• Like 1