Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

Just now, STUHILL said:

and if Vardy gets injured? Which seems quite likely at the moment with his ongoing groin problem.

I think we are a big enough club now, to have quality on the bench and not just subpar squad fillers in order to keep everyone happy! 

I'm not saying we go out and spend 30-40 million on a striker in this window, but we should certainly be able to go out there and get someone in, meaning we aren't so heavy reliant on Vardy staying fit and in form. 

Even with a fit Vardy, Puel should still be considering a plan B approach if we are struggling to break teams down and a different type of striker can offer that. 

I know and you make a good point but from the last experiences (Slimani, Nacho) I'm a bit wary. If we can find a good young target man willing to be a second fiddle then by all means bring him in. However I think that a quality CM is a more urgent issue and it could have a positive effect on Nacho whom I'm unwilling to write off yet.

24 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Can sign for three clubs but only play for two clubs in one season, as he played for Chelsea in the Charity Shield and than on loan a Villa, he can't play for a third.

So depends on what status the Charity Shield fixture is, i.e. is it counted as a competitive game. 

I guess the other option is to buy and loan he back to Villa.

The Charity Shield does not count so he can play for Wolves ...or another club

2 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Pointed Maupay out in Transfer Talk too. Could be worth a punt. Used to English football now at good championship level with Brentford. Not the PL of course but possiblely a good shout with great development chance at just 22.

Didn't Puel manage him before as well?

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He's such a weird player, has all the attributes to be brilliant but just can't get that end product. Maybe in a more clinical team he'd be better?

He is basically just Lloyd Dyer but right footed, unbelievably quick but crap as soon as they get into a good position to cross / shoot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/999186/Community-Shield-bookings-Manchester-City-Chelsea-yellow-red-cards-count-Premier-League

An FA ruling in August 2009 means the Community Shield is judged as a pre-season friendly rather than competitive fixture.

yeah how did we not win that by the way. Kinda disappointed with the atmosphere as well. Coulda been better.

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He's such a weird player, has all the attributes to be brilliant but just can't get that end product. Maybe in a more clinical team he'd be better?

He is also one of the laziest players I've ever seen when he's not got the ball. 

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He is basically just Lloyd Dyer but right footed, unbelievably quick but crap as soon as they get into a good position to cross / shoot

That's a little bit harsh on our Lloyd. He did produce good crosses/shots sometimes.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Jeez calm down.

Not snobby at all and what has Van Dyke got to do with anything, I thought we were talking about Ryan Kent.

I unfortunately had the misfortune of witnessing Kent's really poor impression of a footballer for much of the second half of last season and my eyes still hurt from the experience. He's dog shit

No chance a kid could develop further. Not like if you'd asked most Leicester fans about Harry Kane in January 2014 they'd say the same thing as you've just said about Kent.

15 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

or Jesse Lingard having any career at all in football.

One thing that Pearson spotted with Lingard was that he is a twat, and he was correct. Regardless of talent Pearson would not and did not accept lingards attitude and that is why he flopped at LCFC.

The fact he did not get on with Harry Kane is a little odd as he does have the right attitude.

Edited by Peckfortonfox
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

One thing that Pearson spotted with Lingard was that he is a twat, and he was correct. Regardless of talent Pearson would not and did not accept lingards attitude and that why he flopped at LCFC.

The fact he did not get on with Harry Kane  is a little odd as he does have the right attitude.

I remember we had Nick Powell, who flopped badly as well and we sent back I think? Pearson demanded commitment from his team and those who didn't give it were removed.

Yeah Kane never did click for us, maybe it was just wrong fit for him, worked out well for us both in the end anyway!

42 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

One thing that Pearson spotted with Lingard was that he is a twat, and he was correct. Regardless of talent Pearson would not and did not accept lingards attitude and that why he flopped at LCFC. 

The fact he did not get on with Harry Kane  is a little odd as he does have the right attitude.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

I remember we had Nick Powell, who flopped badly as well and we sent back I think? Pearson demanded commitment from his team and those who didn't give it were removed.

Yeah Kane never did click for us, maybe it was just wrong fit for him, worked out well for us both in the end anyway!

I think the main reason Kane flopped here was that he was put on the wing all the time, IIRC. I think we were sorted for strikers and short of wingers at the time. I might be wrong. That's just how I remember it.

Lingard is a twat, but he had the stature of a malnourished 10-year-old boy when he was here. That isn't ideal, especially in the Championship.

• Like 1

A lot of talk about Moussa Dembele falling out of favour at Lyon, maybe opportunity for a loan with a view to a permanent move? 

Something like 9 goals and 5 assists in 24 games, most of which from the bench. A cracking scoring record in Scotland and highly thought of a Fulham....

• Like 1