Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

52 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

One thing that Pearson spotted with Lingard was that he is a twat, and he was correct. Regardless of talent Pearson would not and did not accept lingards attitude and that why he flopped at LCFC.

The fact he did not get on with Harry Kane  is a little odd as he does have the right attitude.

He didn't get on with Marc albrighton and he seems to me to have an impeccable attitude. Probably a lot more factors in play when he choose the team.

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

He didn't get on with Marc albrighton and he seems to me to have an impeccable attitude. Probably a lot more factors in play when he choose the team.

Are we sure about that? Someone said the other day that Albrighton was very unfit when he arrived, and it took months to turn him into a player who could complete 90 mins. I think that's plausible. MA seems like a model pro to me.

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

Are we sure about that? Someone said the other day that Albrighton was very unfit when he arrived, and it took months to turn him into a player who could complete 90 mins. I think that's plausible. MA seems like a model pro to me.

Not certain but I know he only got 1 or two starts prior to using him as a wing back during the great escape.

I also remember his missus posting a celebratory tweet when news broke that Pearson had been sacked (turned out he hadn't!) Which is an indicator.

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Not certain but I know he only got 1 or two starts prior to using him as a wing back during the great escape.

I also remember his missus posting a celebratory tweet when news broke that Pearson had been sacked (turned out he hadn't!) Which is an indicator.

Oh yeah! Forgot about that. I think you were probably right.

1 hour ago, Peckfortonfox said:

One thing that Pearson spotted with Lingard was that he is a twat, and he was correct. Regardless of talent Pearson would not and did not accept lingards attitude and that why he flopped at LCFC.

The fact he did not get on with Harry Kane  is a little odd as he does have the right attitude.

What makes lingard a “twat” and what was wrong with his attitude?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

A lot of talk about Moussa Dembele falling out of favour at Lyon, maybe opportunity for a loan with a view to a permanent move? 

Something like 9 goals and 5 assists in 24 games, most of which from the bench. A cracking scoring record in Scotland and highly thought of a Fulham....

I didn't even realise he'd left Celtic lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

David Brooks from Sheff Utd would've been a good option with hindsight. 

David Brooks is an excellent midfielder, but you probably have not noticed that he's been under contract with Bournemouth since 01/07/2018 !!!

15 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Right where are all the ITK gone. 

What rumours have we got who we are after.

Surely someone must of heard something, absolute failure to the transfer window so far lol

The ITKs are ITK after the fact so it's a bit hard for them at the moment.

1 hour ago, mucfox said:

David Brooks is an excellent midfielder, but you probably have not noticed that he's been under contract with Bournemouth since 01/07/2018 !!!

And you've probably not noticed that they signed him from Sheffield United and the person you quoted said in hindsight, i.e. looking back

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mucfox said:

Yes I realise that. My point was that he would have been a good signing for us. I wish we had got in ahead of Bournemouth and signed Brooks rather than Ghezzal.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Fox85 said:

I just wish we acted quick enough and got Shaquiri but left it late and paid more for gazzelle than Liverpool paid for Shaquiri 

He had the choice of dozens of teams... do you actually think nobody went for him until Liverpool put a bid in. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Good spot 

However I have just seen on twitter that he played 1 match for Chelsea U23s this season and they are classed as official matches

This same thing stopped Ben Arfa playing for Nice a few years ago after having already played for Newcastle U23s and Hull in the same season