Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

2 hours ago, TK95 said:

I still think a loan for an immediate striker would be the biggest boost for this season. Options I can think of who aren't getting much gametime:

Jermaine Defoe - Bournemouth

Daniel Sturridge - Liverpool

Andy Carroll - West Ham

Whether they would allow them to move to a fellow premier league club is another thing but no harm in trying

Did you have a few too many last night? 

Or today? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TK95 said:

I still think a loan for an immediate striker would be the biggest boost for this season. Options I can think of who aren't getting much gametime:

Andy Carroll - West Ham

Whether they would allow them to move to a fellow premier league club is another thing but no harm in trying

:nigel:

3 hours ago, TK95 said:

Andy Carroll - West Ham

No thanks to all three

Defoe is 36 & has played 22 mins this season.

Sturridge is 29, injury prone & on big money.

Carrol is 29, injury prone and also on big money

• Like 2

This is what Dorsett has said about our potential transfer business.

Find a few points he's made quite odd.

- Simpson won't be sold, he's our only reserve first team right back with experience. 

- We're short up front so doubt Shinji would be sold.

Left back is one of our strongest positions; Chilwell, Fuchs, Elder. Surely bringing in a reserve for LB woukd be best left till summer unless a brilliant offer comes up.

CM, depending what you read depends if Puel wants or doesn't want another CM. Only reason I'd sign one, if they were a creative player. 

More shocked at the lack of interest in a striker. 

Screenshot_20181231-093801.png

19 hours ago, mucfox said:

WISHLIST JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW OR LATER

1) Hakim Ziyech - Ajax Amsterdam - 25years - Mahrez 2.0 perfect replacement

2) Jose Salomon Rondon - Newcastle - 30years - big header player, such a striker we are missing

3) David Brooks - Bournemouth - 22years - good shot, physically strong, wins tackles - better than Maddison

4) Philip Billing - Huddersfield - 23years - a very intelligent player

I'm very curious with which players will surprise us by our scouting department  

Mate. Come off it.

A strong breeze would knock him over.

18 hours ago, TK95 said:

Andy Carroll - West Ham

Jesus Christ. Shoot me now!

19 hours ago, mucfox said:

WISHLIST JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW OR LATER

1) Hakim Ziyech - Ajax Amsterdam - 25years - Mahrez 2.0 perfect replacement

2) Jose Salomon Rondon - Newcastle - 30years - big header player, such a striker we are missing

3) David Brooks - Bournemouth - 22years - good shot, physically strong, wins tackles - better than Maddison

4) Philip Billing - Huddersfield - 23years - a very intelligent player

I'm very curious with which players will surprise us by our scouting department  

1) we won’t pay the fee they want for a player who isn’t certain to adapt to the PL.  plus they won’t sell in jan anyway

2) can’t see wba allowing him to leave on a sale until they know their future ..... wonder if we could force them to recall him for a loan to us if we are to allow Barnes to stay there ???. Can a player be loaned out to two diff clubs in one season ?.

3) Bournemouth won’t sell

4)  blows hot and cold.  I like him though it’s not a position we are particularly short in. 

I don't think we should spend much in January to be honest. With the uncertainty surrounding Puel, the inflated transfer fees you get in January and us not having an awful lot to play for this season is prefer us to do our main business in the summer.

Would be happy if we could snap up Ziyech though and maybe a target man

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't think we should spend much in January to be honest. With the uncertainty surrounding Puel, the inflated transfer fees you get in January and us not having an awful lot to play for this season is prefer us to do our main business in the summer.

Would be happy if we could snap up Ziyech though and maybe a target man

How much would Ziyech and a decent target man set us back?! 

Just now, Fox85 said:

Nah we could realistically get him for 25 to 30 mill in fairness maybe some add ons.

??? He's playing CL, and this is Ajax's best and last chance in a while at progressing beyond the 16. He's rated better than Maddison was in the championship last season, internationally teams like Roma and Sevilla have been trying to sign him for seasons now. Ziyech isn't going anywhere this winter, unless its for ridiculous money. 

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

??? He's playing CL, and this is Ajax's best and last chance in a while at progressing beyond the 16. He's rated better than Maddison was in the championship last season, internationally teams like Roma and Sevilla have been trying to sign him for seasons now. Ziyech isn't going anywhere this winter, unless its for ridiculous money. 

Ok I see what your saying.

But this is what I'm saying.

Not one top club has come in or went in for ziyech. Other than rumours.

Ajax don't earn money the premier league has even with champions league football.

Yes Ajax don't need money but for 25 to 30 mill they could improve there squad because teams in Holland don't get held to ransom like the prem does

Just now, Fox85 said:

Ok I see what your saying.

But this is what I'm saying.

Not one top club has come in or went in for ziyech. Other than rumours.

Ajax don't earn money the premier league has even with champions league football.

Yes Ajax don't need money but for 25 to 30 mill they could improve there squad because teams in Holland don't get held to ransom like the prem does

I mean, they're going to get the motherland of all cash injections this summer for de Jong and de Ligt, so I doubt money is a pressing concern for them right now. I personally don't see him going for that low but if we got Ziyech for 30 mill at any point soon I can tell you there's no-one who'd be happier than me

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

I mean, they're going to get the motherland of all cash injections this summer for de Jong and de Ligt, so I doubt money is a pressing concern for them right now. I personally don't see him going for that low but if we got Ziyech for 30 mill at any point soon I can tell you there's no-one who'd be happier than me

Even if we paid 50 mill for Zyiech I'd be happy would love him here.

I just think we could get him a little cheaper

• Like 1

Just now, Fox85 said:

Even if we paid 50 mill for Zyiech I'd be happy would love him here.

I just think we could get him a little cheaper

Why would he leave a team who have their best chance of progressing in the CL and doing well in their league? 

If he did, it would be for a top 6 team, or we'd need to chuck stupid money at them in summer for them to even consider it. 

And as someone pointed out, no big team has gone in for him. Something probably going on with him to stop that

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Do you mean mother lode?

I don't think we're getting Ziyech. He'll end up at a bigger club if he moves.