Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

So, we are beginning to be linked with January moves for players, some more random and tenuous than others. 

I thought I’d create an ‘all things January transfer’ thread as a place to discuss pre ‘transfer talk forum’ the ‘who’s, why’s and where’s...’

So, where do we strengthen, who do we get, will Puel be given any cash to do it and do we trust the judgement of our manager, scouts, DOF and owners between them to procure what’s necessary?

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes please on Mario, exactly what we need.

Have to agree with that, imagine utilising Ndidi in front of the back four for his tackling and interception abilities but allowing Mario & Maddison to drive forward with the ball commiting defenders and opening up outlets on the wing and for Vardy? 

• Like 2

We need to think about replacing Vardy in a couple of years. It's not urgent in this window but we should be looking. We need a left back replacement for when Fuchs goes next season but again it's not urgent this window. And a right back since Richardo isn't good physical enough for it, and ideally a right wing back if we want to play that. But again with Simpson in the squad we have enough right back cover. Essentially I agree with Strider: it wouldn't be the end of the world if we sign no one. Especially since we've got two new centre halves to integrate into the team.

18 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Have to agree with that, imagine utilising Ndidi in front of the back four for his tackling and interception abilities but allowing Mario & Maddison to drive forward with the ball commiting defenders and opening up outlets on the wing and for Vardy? 

Sounds ideal, we definitely need to be more dynamic. Funnily enough I think if and when we do, we'll get better at defending too as there's more balance to our play.

• Like 2

Mario would be a good addition. Time for us to bin Silva off before it's too late but I reckon he'll end up back on loan to Sporting as they won't cover his astronomical wages fully.

Also time to move on Morgan, Championship standard defender now. 

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Do you mean a 4-3-3 system, with Ndidi the deepest CM and two attack minded CM’s next to him? That sounds pretty good to me. Very similar to how Liverpool / Man City play. 

We should go all out for someone like Grealish, Foden or Mount (probably potential signings for the summer) to partner Maddison and Ndidi in that system.  Foden or Mount could be tempted by first team PL football which I doubt they’ll get at Man City / Chelsea any time soon.

Morgan won't leave until his contract expires. Even if he gets paid for sitting on his arse for the next 18 months, that doesn't bother me. He's done enough to deserve it and will offer enough in the dressing room.

Silva needs to leave for the good of both parties. His wages will be huge and he'll want to actually play. It hasn't worked out, time to cut our losses. 

Hope we can keep hold of Iborra, but I can understand him wanting to leave.

A striker is obvious.