Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

17 minutes ago, Xen said:

He's been on a rolling 1-year contract at Nice. Something similar here with a reasonable wage and I'd consider it. Decent player if (big if) he can settle into the squad and put in the effort.

He's been disruptive wherever he's been. I don't think our young guys need someone like that in the changing room.

Bellendoteli ??     Might be worth a punt on an hourly rolling contract basis.  He would most likely destroy the dressing room if he came in on a Euro Millions Contract.  Not sure he Tops kind of Human being.

2 hours ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

DM transfer section says us and West ham are outside tips for Balotelli who is potentially off to Newcastle

Would anyone here actually take a gamble on him?

Not on your nelly ....

(Sorry for the strong language).

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

DM transfer section says us and West ham are outside tips for Balotelli who is potentially off to Newcastle

Would anyone here actually take a gamble on him?

I wouldn’t, and I don’t believe for a second we would either. That’s just the kind of lazy reporting you get from newspapers during transfer windows these days. 

• Like 1

Will be a shame to see Silva go. We know that he is a class player with tons of xperience. Just hasn't been given the chance to prove himself. Doesn't help that City and Sporting made a dogs dinner over the transfer and we expected too much of a replacement for Drinkwater. 

Doesn't take away from the fact that he is brilliant. Will miss him and it is disappointing. Was looking forward to seeing special things from him.

Same situation with Iborra. I liked watching him. I think he gave us something different. He could pass a ball and was an aeriel threat but I think is better suited to Spain. He's not bad, winning 3 consecutive Europa Leagues proves that.  Another good opportunity gone wrong. 

Edited by siraaj_lcfc
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Will be a shame to see Silva go. We know that he is a class player with tons of xperience. Just hasn't been given the chance to prove himself. Doesn't help that City and Sporting made a dogs dinner over the transfer and we expected too much of a replacement for Drinkwater. 

Doesn't take away from the fact that he is brilliant. Will miss him and it is disappointing. Was looking forward to seeing special things from him.

Same situation with Iborra. I liked watching him. I think he gave us something different. He could pass a ball and was an aeriel threat but I think is better suited to Spain. He's not bad, winning 3 consecutive Europa Leagues proves that.  Another good opportunity gone wrong. 

No perhaps we were trying sign players based on past form.Not present form.selling clubs have had our pants

down

Edited by cropstonfox

1 hour ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

That’s football I’m afraid. Silva can consider himself very unlucky in terms of what happened with registering his transfer - that’s all our fault, though FIFA’s stance was and still is a disgrace. And he’s unlucky on a second count in that the manager who actually wanted him got sacked before he could play him. 

I don't buy into the narrative that Puel’s treated him badly - he had plenty of game time last season:

1 01.01.2018 Premier League Huddersfield Town (H) 3 - 0        
2 06.01.2018 FA Cup 3 Fleetwood Town (A) 0 - 0        
3 16.01.2018 FA Cup 3 rep Fleetwood Town (H) 2 - 0        
4 20.01.2018 Premier League Watford (H) 2 - 0        
5 27.01.2018 FA Cup 4 Peterborough United (A) 5 - 1        
6 03.02.2018 Premier League Swansea City (H) 1 - 1        
7 10.02.2018 Premier League Manchester City (A) 1 - 5        
8 03.03.2018 Premier League Bournemouth (H) 1 - 1       yellow-card.png
9 18.03.2018 FA Cup 6 Chelsea (H) 1 - 2        
10 07.04.2018 Premier League Newcastle United (H) 1 - 2        
11 14.04.2018 Premier League Burnley (A) 1 - 2        
12 19.04.2018 Premier League Southampton (H) 0 - 0        
13 28.04.2018 Premier League Crystal Palace (A) 0 - 5       yellow-card.png
14 05.05.2018 Premier League West Ham United (H) 0 - 2        
15 09.05.2018 Premier League Arsenal (H) 3 - 1        
16 13.05.2018 Premier League Tottenham Hotspur (A) 4 - 5       yellow-card.png

17 10.08.2018 Premier League Manchester United (A) 1 - 2        
18 18.08.2018 Premier League Wolverhampton Wanderers (H) 2 - 0        
19 28.08.2018 League Cup 2 Fleetwood Town (H) 4 - 0        
20 25.09.2018 League Cup 3 Wolverhampton Wanderers (A) 0 - 0        
21 27.11.2018 League Cup 4 Southampton (H) 0 - 0  

Puel has a certain philosophy and sadly Silva just doesn’t fit it. It’s not Puel’s fault that he prefers Mendy for that role. He shouldn’t be forced to play him, especially if he’s too old to adapt to the league. Silva needs to move on for the sake of his career. Hopefully we’ll get a few bob back for him. 

The aaddest thing is that his current Premier League appearances stands at 14 lol

• Like 2

17 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

That’s football I’m afraid. Silva can consider himself very unlucky in terms of what happened with registering his transfer - that’s all our fault, though FIFA’s stance was and still is a disgrace. And he’s unlucky on a second count in that the manager who actually wanted him got sacked before he could play him. 

I don't buy into the narrative that Puel’s treated him badly - he had plenty of game time last season:

1 01.01.2018 Premier League Huddersfield Town (H) 3 - 0        
2 06.01.2018 FA Cup 3 Fleetwood Town (A) 0 - 0        
3 16.01.2018 FA Cup 3 rep Fleetwood Town (H) 2 - 0        
4 20.01.2018 Premier League Watford (H) 2 - 0        
5 27.01.2018 FA Cup 4 Peterborough United (A) 5 - 1        
6 03.02.2018 Premier League Swansea City (H) 1 - 1        
7 10.02.2018 Premier League Manchester City (A) 1 - 5        
8 03.03.2018 Premier League Bournemouth (H) 1 - 1       yellow-card.png
9 18.03.2018 FA Cup 6 Chelsea (H) 1 - 2        
10 07.04.2018 Premier League Newcastle United (H) 1 - 2        
11 14.04.2018 Premier League Burnley (A) 1 - 2        
12 19.04.2018 Premier League Southampton (H) 0 - 0        
13 28.04.2018 Premier League Crystal Palace (A) 0 - 5       yellow-card.png
14 05.05.2018 Premier League West Ham United (H) 0 - 2        
15 09.05.2018 Premier League Arsenal (H) 3 - 1        
16 13.05.2018 Premier League Tottenham Hotspur (A) 4 - 5       yellow-card.png

17 10.08.2018 Premier League Manchester United (A) 1 - 2        
18 18.08.2018 Premier League Wolverhampton Wanderers (H) 2 - 0        
19 28.08.2018 League Cup 2 Fleetwood Town (H) 4 - 0        
20 25.09.2018 League Cup 3 Wolverhampton Wanderers (A) 0 - 0        
21 27.11.2018 League Cup 4 Southampton (H) 0 - 0  

Puel has a certain philosophy and sadly Silva just doesn’t fit it. It’s not Puel’s fault that he prefers Mendy for that role. He shouldn’t be forced to play him, especially if he’s too old to adapt to the league. Silva needs to move on for the sake of his career. Hopefully we’ll get a few bob back for him. 

The aaddest thing is that his current Premier League appearances stands at 14 lol

Silva played 780 minutes last season. In comparison, Evans had the same this season and came good about four matches ago. Diabate had fewer minutes last season then was relegaed to the u23s this season. Silva's had his chances compared to our other players but hasn't succeeded. Everyone is certain Silva's a good player but he's never excelled either for us or in this league.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Chelsea close to signing 2 new midfielders in Paredes and Barella

Should be straight in with a loan with option to buy on Loftus-Cheek / Drinkwater

That's crazy! I admire Loftus-Cheek's loyalty to Chelsea, but he's got to realise that they aren't rewarding him for it. Would absolutely love to see him come to us. 

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

That's crazy! I admire Loftus-Cheek's loyalty to Chelsea, but he's got to realise that they aren't rewarding him for it. Would absolutely love to see him come to us. 

They’d want circa 45 million, surely.

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

They’d want circa 45 million, surely.

Would probably need to hope he would kick up a fuss and push to leave cheaper

He has done well when he has played for Chelsea this season

Imagine he see’s Fabregas leaving and thinks this is his chance to make a mark at Chelsea then they go out and sign 2 more centre mids? Got to be a kick in the teeth

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Should be straight in with a loan with option to buy on Loftus-Cheek / Drinkwater

Paredes, we had the chance to get him 2 years ago and opted not to. PRATS

• Like 3

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

They won't get both, and they aren't direct competition for RLC, that would be Kanté/Jorginho's competitors. The most attacking CM slot is currently populated by Kovacic, RLC, and Barkley, with Kanté and Jorginho taking up the other two spots with Fabregas on his way out and Drinkwater frozen out.

Barella especially is not an attacking mid, and the addition of either would solely be to take the onus of distribution and build up off of Jorginho so teams can't easily freeze out their distribution like we did.

This means RLC is still competing with the same two mids for his spot in the starting lineup (Barkley and Kovacic), a situation which he is fine to try and break into currently. This winter window doesn't seem to be changing the status quo.

1 hour ago, KFS said:

RLC would be perfect for us.

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Loftus-Cheek has a recurring back injury. We’d be spending 30m+ on an injury prone player.