Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

5 hours ago, Deebhoy said:

Usual nonsense snobby bollocks.  Didn't harm Virgil Van Dyke.  BTW very few English players have made it outside England.

Jeez calm down.

Not snobby at all and what has Van Dyke got to do with anything, I thought we were talking about Ryan Kent.

I unfortunately had the misfortune of witnessing Kent's really poor impression of a footballer for much of the second half of last season and my eyes still hurt from the experience. He's dog shit

A striker is an absolute must. Someone who can hold the ball up and offer us an aerial threat. We waste so many good opportunities by not having a player like that. Iheanacho is just not good enough to play on his own up there and even Vardy could do with someone to flick the ball on or take defenders away from him.

Other than that, either a talented winger or creative CM would be on my list. I would spend big on ONE, so we get a genuine top player to come in. I imagine Puel wants to stick with 2 sitting CM's, so perhaps a winger is what he will go for. Thorgan Hazard is again being mentioned and his stats are even better this year so far. Should have gone for him in the Summer instead of Ghezzal, as looks like Dortmund will swoop him now. 

I'd be tempted to bring Barnes back to play wide in a 3, and then sign a top CM to be the type of player we hope Silva would have been for us.

28 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Wolves apparently buying Tammy Abraham for £18m really think we would stick a spanner in the works of that one

we can do better in my opinion, don't ask me who because I'm not a scout but Tammy Abraham doesn't excite me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

A striker is an absolute must. Someone who can hold the ball up and offer us an aerial threat. We waste so many good opportunities by not having a player like that. Iheanacho is just not good enough to play on his own up there and even Vardy could do with someone to flick the ball on or take defenders away from him.

Other than that, either a talented winger or creative CM would be on my list. I would spend big on ONE, so we get a genuine top player to come in. I imagine Puel wants to stick with 2 sitting CM's, so perhaps a winger is what he will go for. Thorgan Hazard is again being mentioned and his stats are even better this year so far. Should have gone for him in the Summer instead of Ghezzal, as looks like Dortmund will swoop him now. 

I'd be tempted to bring Barnes back to play wide in a 3, and then sign a top CM to be the type of player we hope Silva would have been for us.

Not sure about that. A good one, if he comes, would never agree to warm the bench and it would mean dropping and subbing Vardy quite often, especially against deep sitting teams. I can let you imagine the fans reaction and Puel's position isn't strong enough to make such a controversial decision.

Ditching the 4-5-1 for a 4-4-2 to accommodate both would leave Maddison out or pushing him on the wing where he's rather shit. Can't see us suddenly go for a back three mid-season either. The genuine problem to the actual 4-5-1 is obviously the lack of CM able to pass forward feed either Maddison or the wingers which is why we often pass sideways or backwards, stalling the attack.

I agree with this, spend big on one quality CM. For me it's the biggest priority.

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I see after much deliberation Pulisic finally decided to go to Chelsea rather than Leicester.

It must have been a tight call for him.

We'll see how this all plays out. Some in the media here are calling it a bad move for him.  

Edited by TeaMen Tom

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

Not sure about that. A good one, if he comes, would never agree to warm the bench and it would mean dropping and subbing Vardy quite often, especially against deep sitting teams. I can let you imagine the fans reaction and Puel's position isn't strong enough to make such a controversial decision.

Ditching the 4-5-1 for a 4-4-2 to accommodate both would leave Maddison out or pushing him on the wing where he's rather shit. Can't see us suddenly go for a back three mid-season either. The genuine problem to the actual 4-5-1 is obviously the lack of CM able to pass forward feed either Maddison or the wingers which is why we often pass sideways or backwards, stalling the attack.

I agree with this, spend big on one quality CM. For me it's the biggest priority.

and if Vardy gets injured? Which seems quite likely at the moment with his ongoing groin problem.

I think we are a big enough club now, to have quality on the bench and not just subpar squad fillers in order to keep everyone happy! 

I'm not saying we go out and spend 30-40 million on a striker in this window, but we should certainly be able to go out there and get someone in, meaning we aren't so heavy reliant on Vardy staying fit and in form. 

Even with a fit Vardy, Puel should still be considering a plan B approach if we are struggling to break teams down and a different type of striker can offer that. 

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

and if Vardy gets injured? Which seems quite likely at the moment with his ongoing groin problem.

I think we are a big enough club now, to have quality on the bench and not just subpar squad fillers in order to keep everyone happy! 

I'm not saying we go out and spend 30-40 million on a striker in this window, but we should certainly be able to go out there and get someone in, meaning we aren't so heavy reliant on Vardy staying fit and in form. 

Even with a fit Vardy, Puel should still be considering a plan B approach if we are struggling to break teams down and a different type of striker can offer that. 

As mentioned previously, if Brentford would be willing to play, maybe Maupay could be that guy. Seems the best obvious fit and would be ok to bench warm at the start at least? No idea of cost, but Brentford have a fancy new stadium to fund if I recall correct;y? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I just wish we acted quick enough and got Shaquiri but left it late and paid more for gazzelle than Liverpool paid for Shaquiri 

Shaquiri was in a unique position with his buy out clause, he was never coming to Leicester.

We can't compete with top six clubs until we become one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mehrez said:

Wolves apparently buying Tammy Abraham for £18m really think we would stick a spanner in the works of that one

Can sign for three clubs but only play for two clubs in one season, as he played for Chelsea in the Charity Shield and than on loan a Villa, he can't play for a third.

So depends on what status the Charity Shield fixture is, i.e. is it counted as a competitive game. 

I guess the other option is to buy and loan he back to Villa.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

As mentioned previously, if Brentford would be willing to play, maybe Maupay could be that guy. Seems the best obvious fit and would be ok to bench warm at the start at least? No idea of cost, but Brentford have a fancy new stadium to fund if I recall correct;y? 

Pointed Maupay out in Transfer Talk too. Could be worth a punt. Used to English football now at good championship level with Brentford. Not the PL of course but possiblely a good shout with great development chance at just 22.

• Like 1