Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

Absolute legend for what he did for us. Probably the best owner in the world.
Took us over when we were down and in debt. Paid off all the clubs debts and funded recruitment and stadium expansion.
On top of this constantly gave free gifts, beers for fans often and donated over £2mill to hospitals around Leicester.
Most chairman in it for the money, he was in it for the club community and city and passion for football. Absolutely devastating and shocking news. Whole of my family up there are in bits it’s a tragedy.
Essay aside but it’s really hit home hard. Legend is thrown around way to much but he was a true legend and his family have vowed to maintain his legacy. RIP boss and thank you for everything xxxx

R.I.P Vichai, forever in the hearts of everyone associated to Leicester City Football Club. You will never know how much you meant to us fans. A true hero in the eyes of many. Thank you for giving me one of the best memories in my life, I will cherish it until my time comes.

#THEBOSS

• Like 2

From the initial scepticism when he took over from Mandaric to now is huge.

We didn’t want to be another Cardiff, we desperately didn’t want a Glazer situation.

Instead we were blessed with the most generous, thoughtful owner, who also knew how to run a club.

Everyone wants to “do a Leicester” thanks to what this man set up.

Khun Vichai, thank you, thank you, thank you for what you did for our club, our city, and our game. We all know your impact and I hope so much that your legacy is us successfully fulfilling your vision.

I will be trying to make a donation to the Foxes Foundation in his name and have contacted the club to organise this. I hope others will join me in this.

• Like 3

Adding Vichai's photo to FT was a beautiful touch. I choked up when I opened this.

I am truly heartbroken, words can't comprehend. I can't unsee what I saw last night but I can't begin to imagine the pain of the families and friends of those heroes who have passed away.

My deepest condolences to all. We've lost our own 

• Like 3

****. Reading the tributes has really made it hit me. A great man and the best owner a club could ever have. We were lucky to have him.

Because of him I have so many great memories that I will treasure forever. He has affected so many people's lives positively, through what he achieved with this club and through his generosity and charitable acts.

I never had the honour to meet him, but by the way those who did meet him describe him, he seems like the type of person we should all aspire to be like.

Rest in peace, Khun Vichai.

Thanks for everything.

• Like 1

I’ll say this now. I don’t write about this type of things in general but on this occasion , this is such a huge loss and so it needs to be said.

Firstly bringing the Premier league to the KP was and probably will be, even after everyone on this planet is long gone, will be talked about for generation after generation. The most incredible thing ever witnessed in professional football, and not just as a biast Leicester City fan.

However, I hope this is not how he’s remembered. The reason being is for what he has done for the community, his generosity and passion for the game as a business man and as a fan was nothing short of sensational. He should be remembered for the human, the fantastic man, the LEGEND.

If we get relegated to the conference and get liquidated it will all do nothing to tarnish the legacy he created. No one can take that away.

Talk of statues? Everyone has there opinion, Id never begrudge anything happening that shows how much he means to this entire city.  In my opinion what’s essential is 100% should get the stand he sat in every week named after him for life.

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha is Leicester forever. In Jose’s words - ‘He’s the loved one’ ???? x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely devastated my heart goes out to all the families who have lost loved ones last night

I don’t think I’ve ever been this upset about somebody I’ve never met before but what a man he was Thank you Mr. Chairman you made what we thought was impossible possible R.I.P 

• Like 1

Absolutely devastated. So hard to put into words how this feels as it's very surreal. Last night I couldn't sleep and all day today it has bothered me and then tonight i got a message from my nephew (who i was meant to be going to the Southampton game with) saying, "Tuesdays game has been postponed", which  wasn't a surprise at all, and then 20 seconds later another txt came through from him saying "vichai has died". My wife had gone upstairs to change my little boys nappy and i just ran into the downstairs bathroom and cried. I didn't want my wife to see me crying as i didn't think she would understand how i could be so upset over the death of man I've never met or spoke to. From reading the forum, it's clear im not the only one and this tragedy has devastated every single supporter of our great club as well as fans of other clubs, not to mention the staff, players and families of the deceased. I find it a cruel twist of fate that vichai oversaw and was a huge part of the biggest achievement in our history, beyond our wildest dreams, when we won the premier league title, and now we have seen the darkest day in our history after his tragic passing in such devasting and unfortunate events at our own stadium! Im absolutely heartbroken! 

• Like 1

A Guiding light

Although you have left this life

Your influence is here in me

I see you in my minds eye

The way you looked and moved

Your posture and attitude

You passed on your wisdom

I hope to achieve the same

To give as much as I can

The knowledge and love passed on

Tribute