Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

Like many other fans I am struggling to take in what has happened, I just can't believe such a wonderful and generous man and a fantastic owner of this club has died in such a tragic way. it is just too much to comprehend. He let every single Leicester fan dream and gave us fantastic memories that will never be forgotten. he was extremely generous to the fans and also to the wider community and we owe him so much. thanks for the ever lasting memories Vichai.

• Like 1

Absolutely devastating. What a truly great man Vichai was, not just for this football club but the wider community as well. He had such a strong bond with us as fans, a bond not often seen.

I had the privilege of meeting Vichai in Bruges on the day of our Champions League game. A day that without him wouldn't have been possible. It was a sign of the man he was that he was just wandering the streets of Bruges in his LCFC polo shirt talking to fans and taking photos. I will be forever grateful that I had the opportunity to thank him for all he had done for LCFC. :cry:

• Like 1

If, like me, you just need to let it out and have a good cry ..... watch it all, soak it up, and at 4 minutes 6 seconds, see what Leicester City meant to Khun Vichai, how happy he was with us all.

I hope you are all well and finding your own solace x

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Guest Markyblue

Already posted on here but i have one memory i can't get out of my head.the day in madrid in the plaza mayor when he walked into hundreds of city fans with that smile on his face.we parted and surrounded him like the messiah. I love that memory.

30 minutes ago, Richard Kingson said:

Why Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha was so much more than a club owner to the city of Leicester https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/why-vichai-srivaddhanaprabha-was-so-much-more-a-club-owner-city-leicester

Lovely from David Bevan as ever. 

Dave is a top man and a top writer.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

If, like me, you just need to let it out and have a good cry ..... watch it all, soak it up, and at 4 minutes 6 seconds, see what Leicester City meant to Khun Vichai, how happy he was with us all.

I hope you are all well and finding your own solace x

Mate I’m going to watch this when I get home from work. Can’t handle watching that now at work I’d ball my eyes out ??

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Thinking over what has happened its almost like the heart of the club has been took away from us, everything that has happened in the last 10 years all started because of this man.

This is my overriding feeling, everything has changed.

It feels so unbearably tragic, but the scene at the KP is one of utter beauty in communal grief - only was able to go at about 8pm last night, and even then there were so many people paying their respects and leaving items of thanks and remembrance.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Thinking over what has happened its almost like the heart of the club has been took away from us, everything that has happened in the last 10 years all started because of this man.

The club is on its knees at the moment and it’s gonna take a long time to get up again, but we will and hopefully with Top as the man at the helm. We are a strong family 

• Like 1

I'm finding it so tough to get going through my normal day and work duties today. It's truly like a loss in the family, I would like to think I'm not the most dramatic of people in fact probably the opposite. 

Vichai you have touched our hearts in the most incredible way, you gave us the unbridled joy in 15/16, but way before that the vision was there. People laughed when you said we would be in the champions league in 5 seasons on our promotion,  but you knew. You dreamed and we all came with you. 

That is only the football side though, not just an incredible owner, an incredible man. Just because you had so much didn't mean you had to go over and above for us the fans, or the city that would have been just a dot on the map 10 years ago to you. 

You gave us your all in your life, we will give our all to honour you now and beyond. When we rise again from this dark time, every supporter that ever sits in our stadium, wears the blue and adorns the words king power to their chest, has a duty to represent this wonderful man and all he stood for. 

He really was the people's billionaire. Goodnight Mr Vichai, sleep tight and smile down on us.