Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

Mr Chairman, thank you for everything you've done for our football club. Thank you for saving us. Thank you for taking us back to the Premier League. Thank you for delivering us a Premier League title and Champions League nights at the King Power. You united our city as one with the Premier League title. You'll always be in our hearts. Rest in peace Mr Chairman. ????

• Like 1

So sad. I’m finding it impossible to get to sleep, just a tragic situation and it’s really got to me. To think of all the amazing things he did in his life with his business, I was reading earlier about the donation he made, obviously he did amazing things with Leicester City in terms of getting them to lift the Premier League, all I’m reading is how wonderful a gentleman he was as well and how he was a father figure to the players and people within the club. 

For it all to end is those circumstances is just horrendous, I shiver everytime I think about what it must have been like for them in those last moments. It’s sickening. 

Really does prove how life can change in a moment and how insignificant some of the day to day things seem. 

I just hope they all rest in piece. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mr. Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, you have brought great joy to this club and to all of football by setting the foundation for achieving the impossible.

In addition, to all the charitable and wholehearted work you have done for the community and the city of Leicester. (Providing compliments to the fans, allocating funds to hospitals, being kind and sincere to everyone at the LCFC family)

Your actions will never be forgotten and the foundation you've laid out will be continued. You will be forever family to me, along with rest of this club!

Rest in Peace,  Mr. Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha.

:cry:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Daggers said:

You invest a life into a club; managers, owners and players come and go - almost every single one leaving under a cloud or with some group filled with animosity towards them. Kuhn Vichai was the exact opposite. Widespread suspicion greeted his announced takeover and many questioned if he knew what he was doing at the beginning. But time changed all of that.

”Trust us,” was the message. More than once.

He didn’t just deliver on his promise of challenging for Europe, he excelled in all of the other areas. In the club, in the city, within football circles - he touched everybody, even people who don’t like football. His generosity and affable nature married with kindness and dignity to give us not just a great chairman, but the best chairman we’ve ever had.

Not simply will he be remembered for the success on the pitch or the money he poured into the club - he’ll be remembered as a generous spirit with a charitable nature, a model for the rich and powerful in and outside of the game. He commanded respect because people liked and admired him.

Buddhists see death as a doorway to another plane, not an end. This will be true of his legacy - retold in pre-match pubs and the pages of Fossils. The word is bandied around so frequently that it loses all meaning, but it holds up in this one very special case: Kuhn Vichai is, without question, a legend.

Absolutely spot on the money. Not just the best chairman in Leicester’s history, The PERFECT chairman. Quite simply, he’s the definition of what a chairman should be in a dream world that’s not realistic - Vichai made it reality.

• Like 1

Im not the type of person who has such strong feelings, whether it be for people I know, let alone people I havnt met, and unfortunately I never got the pleasure of meeting Vichai, but he is without doubt one of the most respected guys I’ve ever known.

A personal memory for me was on the great escape run in 14/15,(think it might of been Newcastle game) I remember seeing Vichai in the game celebrating, and from afar thinking ‘god we are lucky to have such a great chairman, not only are we in safe hands but he’s a great bloke’.

i just hope if Top of any other family member reads this, your dad was and always will be loved and I would not be at all surprised if 1000s and 1000s of others are feeling like me, and that’s not accounting for the people who met him personally!

Im a 29 year old man and I can’t even remember when I last cried but I’ve cried so many times today I’ve lost count.

RIP Vichai. You will NEVER EVER be forgotten x

• Like 3

For Annie and I Vichai’s greatest achievement was the example he set as a person. Kind, generous and humble, he has left an indelible mark in the hearts of everyone associated with our beloved football club. Our deepest condolences to his family and the families of the others who died. Vichai you will live on in all our hearts, you will never be forgotten. 

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

You invest a life into a club; managers, owners and players come and go - almost every single one leaving under a cloud or with some group filled with animosity towards them. Kuhn Vichai was the exact opposite. Widespread suspicion greeted his announced takeover and many questioned if he knew what he was doing at the beginning. But time changed all of that.

”Trust us,” was the message. More than once.

He didn’t just deliver on his promise of challenging for Europe, he excelled in all of the other areas. In the club, in the city, within football circles - he touched everybody, even people who don’t like football. His generosity and affable nature married with kindness and dignity to give us not just a great chairman, but the best chairman we’ve ever had.

Not simply will he be remembered for the success on the pitch or the money he poured into the club - he’ll be remembered as a generous spirit with a charitable nature, a model for the rich and powerful in and outside of the game. He commanded respect because people liked and admired him.

Buddhists see death as a doorway to another plane, not an end. This will be true of his legacy - retold in pre-match pubs and the pages of Fossils. The word is bandied around so frequently that it loses all meaning, but it holds up in this one very special case: Kuhn Vichai is, without question, a legend.

I was thinking of you today and what you might have said and there you are, so eloquent Dave. Thank you!

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 1

As someone who only relatively recently got into football in my mid-20s, I had never attended a football game, despite having become a bit obsessed for the past few years. But one Friday evening earlier this year, I saw the club post that the following day's game was going to be the Chairman's 60th birthday celebrations. For some reason I suddenly felt the urge to be there, to clap and thank him for all that he's done. And so my first ever football game was booked... ticket off FT, train, hotel and stadium tour sorted within an hour. And I enjoyed it thoroughly. The grand training ground plans were on display, his continued investment in the club's future.

Saw the news first break at 8.46 pm last night on FT. Since then the whole weekend has been spent refreshing Twitter and reading every page of the topics on here. With a few tears when the confirmation came out just now.

RIP to the best owner in world football. Life can be so cruel and unfair sometimes. I'm glad I sort of got to say thank you. 

• Like 1

There's no argument...you were the best football club owner in English football. You didn't just change a football club, but you enriched a whole city and made us known to the world. You made us all proud to wear the club colours and to say "I'm a Leicester lad". May you rest in peace and thank you for making the impossible completely possible. The man, the legend...Vichai. RIP

Edited by fox_favourite

Still cant believe this has happened, went to bed at 5am on Sunday after watching the game, only for my phone to go off letting me know there had been a crash. I spent all day yesterday glued to Sky News hoping that a miracle would happen, but it didn't and now the reality has set in. The game of Soccer/football has lost one of the best. RIP to a Leicester legend, you gave us a Premier League title and a tattoo for myself to celebrate it.

Guest Markyblue

In over 40 years supporting the team it is you mr chairman who gave me my happiest and now saddest day. Thanks for making my dreams come true. Broken .

If anyone ever needed an example of how to live life with class, then look no further than Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha.  From his big visions and strategic direction to the charitable donations to the simpler acts of kindness, Mr. Srivaddhanaprabha carried himself with a sophistication that is so rare. 

Aside being the greatest owner we could have ever wished for, he was a shining example, on a global scale, of how good the human soul can be.

• Like 2