Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

Unbelievable the impact someone can have on your life without ever personally meeting them, I truly hope Vichai knew just how much he meant to us all and what a fantastic human being we all thought he was. There will never be another owner like him.

RIP Vichai, we'll never forget you

RIP Vichai

I don't know why you chose Leicester, but you gifted me the most incredible experiences to share with my son over the last 8 years. I still find it hard to take in the enormity of what happened in 2016. 

How could I ever have dreamed as a lifelong Leicester fan to be hugging my son as we were crowned champions of England?

You made the ridiculously impossible possible and so much more. You created the most incredible memories for me, a Leicester lad, as a dad, I could ever hope to treasure.

• Like 3

RIP Vichai. Some of the best memories of my life have been created by you and your family. You’ve really understood our club and what the fans want from LCFC. Your generosity not only to the football club but the city as a whole goes far and beyond what any owner could do. The reaction to your untimely passing from the players, the fans and the entire footballing community shows how well loved and respected you were. Your son is in good hands with us all and will be supported by the LCFC family. RIP mr chairman 

Help make the impossible happen to “ Little Leicester “

We already knew what a kind and generous man he was.Now all the world can see and celebrate his qualities and achievements after this tragic event.

We will never forget you Vichai.Thankyou.

I can guarantee every time I see Leicester play there will be a moment when you are in my thoughts.RIP

• Like 1

Still feel completely empty, this man gave us everything, he made our dreams come true. Never felt this terrible about someone I have never met dying and I can only imagine what the players and staff are going through - alot of them like Vardy owe Vichai everything. I just can't get it out of my head, going to be a long time before things go back to normal at LCFC, if ever, he was our normal.

This tragic event just shows nothing is predictable at LCFC.

Even more so with what the generous individual gave to the club, a very solid foundation and once-in-a-generation title win shock, building putting in place a great future ahead off-the-field.

This has come at the wrong time for me ... my father a lifelong city fan passed away 6 weeks prior. But before he went we spoke about the parade at Vicky park. What a memory that is and forever will be. All made possible by you Vichai, you were always kind, passionate and above all cared for the city and the people. A true gent. Say hello to the old man for me. 

Xx

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I'm saddened by the loss of these five lives, I'd like to thank Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha for everything he's done for this club, for moving us out of the doldrums of the Championship, back into the Premier League and even to a first ever league title, a wonderful 2015/2016 season followed by Champions League football.

You had that vision, you were laughed at initially when you claimed you'd bring the club European football within five years of taking over - but so we did.

You will be missed, R.I.P. and my condolences to the families affected by this tragic and terrible loss, may the reign continue and the club continue its road of prosperity following the path you laid the foundations for.

Now for some mourning and a reality check, let's go deep down inside ourselves for some introspective and see what we can do to make things better and optimistic again afterwards.

I'm also interested in finding out what the cause for the crash was. By all eyewitness accounts so far, it must've been kind of a freak accident.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I’m not very good with words but thank you for everything Vichai, from saving the club, putting us in the right direction, letting us dream, for all the free beers and treats and of course the Premier League and travelling to Europe.

Besides from all that, what a throughly nice man.

RIP Vichai.

Good words Matt! Nicely put 

• Like 1

I'm heading into work this morning a drained and emotional wreck. It seems ridiculous to say it about someone that unfortunately I never got to meet, but it feels almost like I've lost a close family member. I just hope Vichai and his family know how deeply they are held in our affections. He will be forever remembered as not only as a legend of our beloved club but, even more importantly, a truly decent human being who, despite his huge wealth, never forgot the virtues of kindness, humility and generosity. That game against Burnley will be so emotional. So glad that me and my boys will be there to pay our respects to a truly great individual. Rest in peace, Vichai.