Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

I've refrained from writing anything until this point, mainly due to the state of shock and disbelief I've felt since hearing the news on Saturday. However I also wanted to cling onto the hope that the fate of the great man was not as widely speculated.

He is responsible for the greatest period of this clubs history and for me personally the greatest moments I've ever witnessed and second only to my wedding day as the happiest days of my life. Without this man, none of it would have been possible. I would constantly tell my friends and family (and anyone that would listen) that my club have the greatest owners in the world. We all had a slight smile when the free beers, doughnuts and mince pies were announced but it wasn't with rolled eyes but it was because it was a familiar reminder of our owners generosity. No other clubs had these gestures which he didn't have to do, he wanted to do them. His way of saying thank you. However all along we are the ones who always were and always will be thankful.

The legacy he has left behind at our club cannot be overstated. He will never be forgotten and we cannot let it be forgotten. A humble, generous man who not only positively impacted this club and its fans but the wider community. He fully embraced the City as much as the club. 

Rest in Peace   

• Like 2

There are no words to describe the tragedy that occurred on Saturday evening. Having just been to the ground and stood there empty and overwhelmed at the same time I have no idea how his family are coping. His legacy will go down in folklore as one of the greatest stories of all time. Rest in peace Vichai, we will all miss you x  

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I know I'm not going to win any poetry awards but anyway.... wrote a few lines this morning.

As the floodlights dim

The stars shine brighter

More illuminous than normal
As someone special has joined them
Every goal, cheer and celebration
Will be aimed at you: 
our hero, our father our salvation
We will look after your family
Like you looked after ours
You will have that beautiful smile on your face
As you look down from the stars

You might. Lovely touch :cry:

7 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I know I'm not going to win any poetry awards but anyway.... wrote a few lines this morning.

As the floodlights dim

The stars shine brighter

Will be aimed at you: 

That's really beautiful and has tugged at my heart strings this Monday morning. Would love to see it overlaid onto an image of the great man.

Reading all through the weekends posts has been heart wrenching for everyone and a lot of heart felt posts have hit me for six, I can honestly say I’m proud to be a fan of Leicester City Football Club and be a member of FT some of you on here have written some heart wrenching comments befitting our wonderful owner!

This weekend has taken the wind out of our collective sails a weekend we will never forget, I send my thoughts and prayers to Vichais Family and thank him for all he has done for our great club !

R.I.P VICHAI YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN YOU WILL ALWAYS STAY IN OUR HEARTS .

29EF622E-FFB9-4BC3-A764-39670C9D911D.jpeg

• Like 1

As a Liverpool supporter I would like to say R.I.P Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha A genuine football man and good all round genuine person. I would also like to offer my condolences to his family and to you the supporters, My heart goes out to all of you in your time of sorrow.

In the world of football You will never walk alone.   

• Like 2

I just feel so ****ing sorry for Vichai and those on board. It is just so tragic and I am heartbroken for all of the victims' families, particularly Top. Can't imagine what any of them are going through. 

I hope Top and the rest of the family know how much he meant to all of us and never stop knowing how much we all appreciated him. 

My fondest memory of Vichai is watching the genuine happiness in his face when we'd just held United to a 1-1 draw, which essentially sealed the impossible. 

You could tell this was a man who really cared about the people of his club, and I wish he was here to see how much he is loved by us. 

RIP.

38 minutes ago, Collymore said:

As the floodlights dim

The stars shine brighter

Will be aimed at you: 

Beautifully written mate.

“The Light of Progressive Glory”

Edited by ACF

Just to add to the condolences here on behalf of West Ham supporters. 

It had been a typical away day - some drinks and excellent hospitality from Foxes fans & the management at the Westcotes club pre-match.

Having spent a few hours in your company the news seemed a bit more personal than the whole thing just affecting a faceless group of opposition fans.

I usually read the programme on the way home. I shan't be removing the plastic wrapping from thus one.

All the best to you all.

Gnome 

Deputy Editor kumb.com

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Beyond gutted, it's without question the most devastated I've ever felt about the death of someone I don't know on a personal level. I am in bits and really struggling to comprehend it. I will say this though and I truly mean it. There is a saying that nobody is bigger than a football club, but we were on our arses when Vichai chose us and not only did he give us the greatest few years of our footballing lives but everything else that came with it as a caring and kind man come above that. If anyone is bigger than the football club, it is him. He is Leicester City and I hope that we collectively can do him proud in future.

I am a miserable bastard when it comes to being a fan of this club and I feel ashamed with my conduct at times, given everything he has done for us. If I can take anything out of this harrowing time, it's that i'll do the least I can do as a fan and support my club without feeling self entitled and selfish, I owe the man that. I don't know what we did as a club to deserve him but we are very lucky to have had this man come in to our lives and i'll never ever forget what he's done. He'll live on in our hearts and we must stick together and carry through the plans he had for us as a club.

What a man. Rest in peace, Vichai.

I am looking back to the end of year lap of honour round the pitch of the players, staff and their family members and thinking now with embarrassment about how few people stayed behind. I know that we had been having a bad run and were frustrated, but looking back it just seems so disrespectful to him. I hate to think what he thought at the time.  

• Sad 1

We've known lots of pleasure,
At times endured pain,
We've lived in the sunshine
And walked in the rain.

But now we're separated
And for a time apart,
But I am not alone-
You're forever in my heart.

Death always seems so sudden,
And it is always sure,
But what is oft' forgotten-