Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

Absolutely heart wrenching. Vichai was a model of professionalism and class and he always led our football club with pride and respect. We have lost a man who did so much for a club, city and community to whom he owed absolutely nothing. He made the most impossible dreams possible. He went above and beyond for us and his legacy will live on. RIP Khun Vichai.

• Like 2

Probably the saddest day this club has seen. Last night became about more than just a football match, it was a reality check for us all, that life is so much more important.

I hope we can all move on together and be stronger for this, as hard as it will be.

Thank you Mr Chairman, you brought change to my club and made me live a dream I never thought possible.

My condolences to all whose lives were affected by this tragedy. May those who died Rest in Peace & to the bravery of the pilot who averted even more disaster, god bless you.

Forever Blue & Forever in our hearts.

vichai-srivaddhanaprabha-era-patronul-lu

• Like 4

He was a great guy - took our club when it was on its arse, and made us into the biggest sporting story of all time. Pumped millions of his own money into the LRI children's ward and other local charities, embraced our club, fans and community. He was always at matches, training, events and always went the extra mile.

And he was always smiling.

Thank you Vichai

• Like 1

I think we should pay tribute with blue roses, the description below seems fitting to me.

"Since the blue rose itself is a rarity in nature, it stands for something that is hardly within one's grasp, an object that seems too difficult to be achieved. Thus the blue rose is admired and revered as an unrealizable dream."

We realised that dream and I am eternally grateful, nothing can take that away from us.

Edited by Frost
  • Like 2

To the man who gave us everything, 

From the minute you walked into our club, you took us supporters into your hearts. You delivered riches we never even dreamed of, gave us nights that will live in our memories forever. 

You let the world believe in football again, and you turned our club, our city, into a family. 

Along with the 4 others who sadly never left that helicopter, you will be forever in our hearts. 

RIP Khun Vichai - you will always be a Fox. 

Absolutely gutted at the loss of our owner and the other four people on board last night. I'll never forget what Vichai did for our club and city, bringing highs to Leicester City fans that no-one ever thought possible, and for connecting with the fans in a way I've never seen from a football club owner.

I'll never forget seeing him walk back to the train station with the City fans at Forest away, joining the City fans in the departure lounge at Porto, giving me the thumbs up in the Royal Palace in Madrid before our Champions League quarter final, meeting the few fans who had stayed for the lap at the end of last season, and the endless gestures of generosity to both the fans and the City of Leicester.

RIP and thank you to the best owner a football club could wish for, and deepest condolences to Top, the rest of Vichai's family, and to all of the families of those on board. Watching City will never quite be the same again.

• Like 3

Thank you for everything, Vichai.

When you arrived, I could never have imagined my club would ever come close to achieving what it has now. It was such an incredible feat, that to this day, it still seems like a dream I had.

Your great work and generosity at the club and in the community is immensely appreciated, and will never be forgotten.

You will be so sorely missed.

Rest in peace.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This breaks my hart so much. I really can't find words to explain how i feel. I know he didnt know who i was or how much lcfc means to me but it hurts so bad. I never believed I would see us win the premiership but he showed us every fox has its day. Gave me insperetion and believe i could do anything and no dream is to far away. Sorry ? rest in peace Boss. Rest in peace others too.

• Like 2

I'm really struggling to find words. All I can do is offer condolences to family, friends, fans and others affected.

To lose one of the most respected chairmen in football is one thing, to lose him suddenly in such tragic circumstances is another.

RIP Vichai and everyone else involved in the crash.

• Like 1

RIP Vichai.

Thank you for your generosity in deed and in spirit as a remarkable owner of this club that allowed us all not only to dream but to succeed.

Let's take forward your legacy in the same manner as a club collectively and as Foxes supporters individually. 

And RIP too to the others who lost their lives in Saturday's tragic events. They too will have grieving loved ones whose lives will be affected terribly by what so sadly happened.

Heddwch i bawb.

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd