Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Places in the UK you'd erase off the map

6 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

bury, rochdale, oldham, stockport etc -  areas around Manchester. And most of South London. 

Also, North part of Surrey, mainly to take out the entitled cockwombles living there - places themselves are lovely.

I live in the North part of Surrey. :huh:

• Like 1

We live in a mostly outstanding country but our towns and cities are ugly as **** compared to the rest of Western Europe. Most of Western Europe was rebuilt from the ground up too so how’d we end up with grim soviet-looking towerblocks?

Derby.

33 minutes ago, Steven said:

I live in the North part of Surrey. :huh:

Sorry boss.  Sure you're a good bloke. But the BMWs and Audis up your bum when you're already 10mph over the speed limit, constant scowls or sour looks on people's faces (especially women) when out with family or friends and complete lack of any community / neighbourly spirit in these commuter towns puts me off the place. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Oh my days yes. What an absolute shitshow of a junction.

I listen to national radio and in the traffic updates there is a problem almost daily with this, to the point I actually had to check if it was playing regional transport. It's unbelievably shit.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Sorry boss.  Sure you're a good bloke. But the BMWs and Audis up your bum when you're already 10mph over the speed limit, constant scowls or sour looks on people's faces (especially women) when out with family or friends and complete lack of any community / neighbourly spirit in these commuter towns puts me off the place. 

Totally right about the tossers in the Audi and BMW's, it probably does not help as I have a scooby (slightly tuned as well) but there are always pushing, just makes you go slower, which winds them up even more, when you have a car faster than theirs. The school run in 4x4's, who drive as if they are blind is the worst bit!! Saying that some of the driving in and around Lesta is grim.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I drive a BMW. :huh:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dorkingfox said:

:scarf: So did I, a 328i convertible E36, 7 years of trouble free motoring, so I know about being judged, but who cares. Only sold it as I have three at university

As I have a family and am an old man I have an X3 M40i. 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, top speed limited at 155 mph and 355 bhp of top notch German engineering. The brakes and handling for an SUV are excellent. I had a 530i before that. :D

Audi drivers are the worst, they are self-entitled cockwombles. :nigel:

2 hours ago, bovril said:

Bit harsh. Everywhere has its charm. Having said that, I probably wouldn't miss Lewisham. 

Spoken as a man who has never been to Luton.

Edit: I see I am not alone in that opinion.

Edited by Buce

26 minutes ago, Buce said:

Spoken as a man who has never been to Luton.

Edit: I see I am not alone in that opinion.

Yep the posters on this forum who suggest anywhere other than Luton or Middlesbrough have obviously never been to Luton and Middlesbrough.

An airport and a junction on the M1 have been built at Luton for a reason.

Even the Government recognise that anyone passing through Luton must have ways to get out of Luton.

34 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Leave some braking distance then pal, it's not big or clever 

I always leave breaking distance only for some **** to dive in between me and the car and in front and then immediately brake. :mad:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

bury, rochdale, oldham, stockport etc -  areas around Manchester. And most of South London. 

Also, North part of Surrey, mainly to take out the entitled cockwombles living there - places themselves are lovely.

You sur may duck right off.  We are all lovely, even those of us who moved to Sussex.