Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

What's in the news?

40 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

One of my relations got knocked off a motorbike at the same junction by prince charles' envoy!

The junctions on to the A149 are a bastard in general, I've driven there a lot. Never bumped into the royals though, metaphorically or literally. 

13 hours ago, Toddybad said:

You keep asking if you're missing something but don't respond to points raised to answer that question.

Why do you think the EU would be worse off than the UK in a no deal scenario?

If we went down the no deal route we would have no bargaining power whatsoever. There's a reason even the WTO themselves predict it would be disastrous for us. 

Simply ignoring the answers and then continuing to ask the same questions isn't really a basis for continued learning.

Anyway, I'll leave you to question others.

Exit would be change.

Change is bad.

To economists it is especially bad.

Some of us just dont beleive the doom and gloom merchants and are prepared for it to be shit for a while but believe after we dont spontaneously combust, this shit could work, and the markets will rally.

The other stuff you mention that is making it all shit is the current rules.

Life changes, rules change.

We set ourself higher standards (certainly morally) than just about everyone else. We will prove this.

Everyone will want a piece of us again when we prove how great we are.

If i bought into the fear shit and listened to the doom mongers i would be stuck in a job i hate, not owning 2 businesses, a rental property, a a caravan, nice car, nice house, and in talks about buying 50% of a 10 bed chateau in france, despite being ****ing skint.

I dont say this to brag, I say it from the sense of "he who dares rodders, he who dares"

Take the shackles off people and grow a pair.

And re france, pretty place, wouldn't mind an investnent, but dont want to be tied to them in a union, the mental yellow vested bastards.

4 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Exit would be change.

Change is bad.

Some of us just dont beleive the doom and gloom merchants and are prepared for it to be shit for a while but believe after we dont spontaneously combust, this shit could work, and the markets will rally.

We set ourself higher standards (certainly morally) than just about everyone else. We will prove this.

If i bought into the fear shit and listened to the doom mongers i would be stuck in a job i hate, not owning 2 businesses, a rental property, a a caravan, nice car, nice house, and in talks about buying 50% of a 10 bed chateau in france, despite being ****ing skint.

I dont say this to brag, I say it from the sense of "he who dares rodders, he who dares"

And re france, pretty place, wouldn't mind an investnent, but dont want to be tied to them in a union, the mental yellow vested bastards.

I might be raising my head above the parapet a little bit here, but is this really true when realpolitik is a thing for everyone?

Higher moral and other standards than some, certainly. Than just about anyone else? Unsure.

10 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Exit would be change.

Change is bad.

And there we go.

All other arguments dismissed, we're simply left with let's just take a gamble on change.

That's fine if you are either doing ridiculously well and or don't have a job, family etc to worry about. If you do have a normal life, gambling the future of you and your kids really shouldn't look like a good idea. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I might be raising my head above the parapet a little bit here, but is this really true when realpolitik is a thing for everyone?

Higher moral and other standards than some, certainly. Than just about anyone else? Unsure.

I was actually referring to british safety standards type thing regarding birder checks to meet eu standards

1 hour ago, bovril said:

The junctions on to the A149 are a bastard in general, I've driven there a lot. Never bumped into the royals though, metaphorically or literally. 

Next time you go down that road, have a butchers at that junction. There’s a whacking great sign in the middle of the grass triangle which is dead in line of your view when your pulling out it’ll the t junction. It’s fairly obvious why there’s so many accidents.

10 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

And there we go.

All other arguments dismissed, we're simply left with let's just take a gamble on change.

That's fine if you are either doing ridiculously well and or don't have a job, family etc to worry about. If you do have a normal life, gambling the future of you and your kids really shouldn't look like a good idea. 

tenor.png

23 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I was actually referring to british safety standards type thing regarding birder checks to meet eu standards

Ah, right.

In that specific field (safety standards), you're spot on, yeah. Just not sure about most of the other stuff.

18 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Ah, right.

In that specific field (safety standards), you're spot on, yeah. Just not sure about most of the other stuff.

Understandable, im fully aware its at least a little bit controversial, but at least you're not all butthurt that people don't fear the same shit as you.

5 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Understandable, im fully aware its at least a little bit controversial, but at least you're not all butthurt that people don't fear the same shit as you.

AFAIC any arrangement that sees greater collaboration on various important issues is the correct one.

Let's say that as of the present time I'm unconvinced that most if not all kinds of Brexit will accomplish that, but I'm open to the idea od being pleasantly surprised rather than rejecting the possibility out of hand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

AFAIC any arrangement that sees greater collaboration on various important issues is the correct one.

Let's say that as of the present time I'm unconvinced that most if not all kinds of Brexit will accomplish that, but I'm open to the idea od being pleasantly surprised rather than rejecting the possibility out of hand.

For me, there has to be a middle ground, but we'll only get it by having the balls ro prepare properly for no deal.

By taking thay off the table, there is nothing to negotiate with.

Its their way, or even or their way.

33 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

For me, there has to be a middle ground, but we'll only get it by having the balls ro prepare properly for no deal.

By taking thay off the table, there is nothing to negotiate with.

Its their way, or even or their way.

What do you mean by prepare for no deal?

What are the issues we need to prepare for and what should we do?

1 hour ago, Toddybad said:

What do you mean by prepare for no deal?

What are the issues we need to prepare for and what should we do?

Id start with accepting its a possibility and have our politicians discuss it.

I will not pretend i have all the answers, maybe you should try it.

8 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Id start with accepting its a possibility and have our politicians discuss it.

I will not pretend i have all the answers, maybe you should try it.

I have facts that are available to anybody that wishes to find them. 

You have no answers but do have hope.

Until I get some decent answers I'm sticking with the facts. That's the sensible approach.

You said earlier that the negotiations are business negotiations. If I had a decent sized business that had an existing deal with a huge multinational, I wouldn't drop the deal on the assumption that the multinational's shares might drop a bit and they'd come running back to the table. There'd only be one side holding the power in that negotiation. I'd be looking for ways to improve aspects of what I give them in order to enable them to move in the areas I want. That's how negotiations work in the real world.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Toddybad said:

Until I get some decent answers I'm sticking with the facts. That's the sensible approach.

You said earlier that the negotiations are business negotiations. If I had a decent sized business that had an existing deal with a huge multinational, I wouldn't drop the deal on the assumption that the multinational's shares might drop a bit and they'd come running back to the table. There'd only be one side holding the power in that negotiation. I'd be looking for ways to improve aspects of what I give them in order to enable them to move in the areas I want. That's how negotiations work in the real world.

I really dont want to keep banging this drum but.....

You must be the only one with the facts then? Unless of course you are referring to "expert" opinion as fact, in which case yes it is a fact that the experts "opinion" says it's all doom and gloom.

Amd of course the rules are a "fact" but what is also true is that before the eu, there was no eu rules. Things they are a changing. "Facts" also change over time.

Ps? You have every right to stick to your opinion, but it is just that? An opinion? Ergo? Oppositr opinions are not wrong, even when taking into account the "facts"

Edited by gw_leics772

2 hours ago, Toddybad said:

Where can I find the facts of what will happen when something that has never happened previously, happens? 

ps - good to have you back (seriously) :thumbup:

Edited by Milo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

I really dont want to keep banging this drum but.....

You must be the only one with the facts then? Unless of course you are referring to "expert" opinion as fact, in which case yes it is a fact that the experts "opinion" says it's all doom and gloom.

Amd of course the rules are a "fact" but what is also true is that before the eu, there was no eu rules. Things they are a changing. "Facts" also change over time.

Ps? You have every right to stick to your opinion, but it is just that? An opinion? Ergo? Oppositr opinions are not wrong, even when taking into account the "facts"

When it comes to the negotiations with the EU, yes it's all opinion.

When it comes to WTO rules, tariffs, borders etc then the rules are set and it is fact to point out what can or, more pertinently, what can't be done.

The too and fro over the EU negotiations is fair game. But I genuinely don't see how people can talk up no deal without fully understanding what the implications are. Because they are bad. And it isn't opinion as the WTO rules aren't going to be changing. 

That's the bit I find frustrating. No deal supporters need to admit the reality of WTO trading. 

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Corbyn: We must engage in dialogue with people whom we disagree with.

Corbyn supporters:

7C68AEC2-DA13-4D77-9CAD-8AE0874CB370.thumb.jpeg.3b1209df43595545b33425cf3311aa1d.jpegC74E13A7-BE13-433E-B00B-0544DEDAA4A9.thumb.jpeg.c24bd3522d4322090edd9b48c805b985.jpeg 

There is an element of the left that is nuts. Same as on the right. It's a bit disingenuous to claim that all Corbyn supports fall into this camp. Besides, there won't be any Corbyn supporters left if he doesn't change his Brexit policy pretty sharpish.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Now that the 355 squillion per day for the nhs has been debunked, they should offer one of these free to all leave voters.

It doesnt matter how you get there, as long as you get there ?

Fully agree.

Only if they also give away free Kainotophobia badges to all remainers, though.

Fairs fair. ;)