Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

What's in the news?

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

He's moving to Singapore because that's where he see's electric cars viably becoming the mainstream form of transport, unlike this country for probably the next 50 years .

And the irony is that one of the reasons it's moving is because Singapore has a free trade deal with EU.:D

Frequent 999 callers prosecuted

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/woman-prosecuted-for-making-more-than-200-fake-calls-to-999/ar-BBSDH2C?ocid=spartandhp

When I was based at Coalville there was a frequent nuisance caller who we had to respond to as he kept complaining of chest pains. I personally went to him 5 times in one shift, once I hadn't even got off the estate before I was sent back. Crews went an average of 20 times a week. He was taken to hospital on rare occasions just to prevent him calling for a few hours. He was never diagnosed with any physical illness.

Eventually he was jailed for 2 months with a court order for mental health treatment. 

Airbus CEO:

The firm's chief executive, Tom Enders, said the firm "will have to make potentially very harmful decisions for the UK" in the event of no deal.

Mr Enders said it was a "disgrace" that businesses could still not plan for Brexit.

In all, Airbus employs 14,000 people in the UK.

That includes 6,000 jobs at its main wings factory at Broughton in Wales, as well as 3,000 at Filton, near Bristol, where wings are designed and supported.

Mr Enders said: "Please don't listen to the Brexiteers' madness which asserts that, because we have huge plants here, we will not move and we will always be here. They are wrong."

Brexiteer MPs:

Fake news! 

:nigel:

The Irish police have drawn up plans to deploy 600 gardai at 300 border crossings (over 500 km), in the event of a No deal.

This is not going to be popular. And a huge waste of money, watching children being taken to school, or farmers moving their livestock.

37 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

Airbus CEO:

The firm's chief executive, Tom Enders, said the firm "will have to make potentially very harmful decisions for the UK" in the event of no deal.

Mr Enders said it was a "disgrace" that businesses could still not plan for Brexit.

That includes 6,000 jobs at its main wings factory at Broughton in Wales, as well as 3,000 at Filton, near Bristol, where wings are designed and supported.

Mr Enders said: "Please don't listen to the Brexiteers' madness which asserts that, because we have huge plants here, we will not move and we will always be here. They are wrong."

Brexiteer MPs:

Fake news! 

From a man leaving the job in April. Hopefully his successor is a bit less panicky. 

Meanwhile, from the same story:

However, another firm, Japanese technology company Fujitsu, told the BBC it had "zero intention" of moving its operations out of London. Duncan Tait, Fujitsu's European boss, said it had "a thriving business in the UK", adding: "We're recruiting people every week."

Makes you wonder what the Japanese know that we do not tbh. Or maybe they aren't losing their minds over a no-deal when that has never been the target. :dunno:

• Thanks 1

On 23/01/2019 at 09:28, Innovindil said:

When somebody, anybody, can tell me who the magic people are who are going to walk in between Northern Ireland and the Republic and psyically erect a hard border, then I'll believe there's a possibility of one. 

48 minutes ago, Mayofox said:

The Irish police have drawn up plans to deploy 600 gardai at 300 border crossings (over 500 km), in the event of a No deal.

This is not going to be popular. And a huge waste of money, watching children being taken to school, or farmers moving their livestock.

@Innovindil Magical enough for you?

54 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

From a man leaving the job in April. Hopefully his successor is a bit less panicky. 

However, another firm, Japanese technology company Fujitsu, told the BBC it had "zero intention" of moving its operations out of London. Duncan Tait, Fujitsu's European boss, said it had "a thriving business in the UK", adding: "We're recruiting people every week."

Makes you wonder what the Japanese know that we do not tbh. Or maybe they aren't losing their minds over a no-deal when that has never been the target. :dunno:

Sorry @Toddybad but i believe youve just been burned in "selectively choosing to highlight things if they match your agenda whilst ignoring any evidence to the contrary" shocker, and in the same report, thats pretty impressive. ??

I dont mean to follow you around but i guess we are quite similar but unfortunately have polar opposite views.

Edited by gw_leics772

So it looks like the proposed ammendment for a second referendum won't now go ahead due to insufficient numbers. 

Luciana Berger MP gave a press conference today blaming fhe Labour Leadership and their front bench for their lack of support. 

Dead at the moment,  but no surprise as Corbyn has no appetite for remaining.

Excellent news, 

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

22 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Sorry @Toddybad but i believe youve just been burned in "selectively choosing to highlight things if they match your agenda whilst ignoring any evidence to the contrary" shocker, and in the same report, thats pretty impressive. ??

I dont mean to follow you around but i guess we are quite similar but unfortunately have polar opposite views.

No, what's happened here, yet again, is you two having a having argument based on your own agendas. 

I was taking about Airbus, not Brexit in general, or other companies. 

The Airbus CEO has come out and said that a hard Brexit would indeed force them to look at moving production out of the UK. He went on to say that if Brexiteers said otherwise, they were wrong. 

He'd hardly finished talking before Brexiteers MPs were saying this wasn't true. 

Forgive me for thinking that the Airbus CEO probably knows more about Airbus' plans than the MPs. 

In the case of Fujitsu, I am yet to see any remainers arguing that what was said isn't true. 

Do you see my point? 

Edited by Toddybad

28 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

No, what's happened here, yet again, is you two having a having argument based on your own agendas. 

The Airbus CEO has come out and said that a hard Brexit would indeed force them to look at moving production out of the UK. He went on to say that if Brexiteers said otherwise, they were wrong. 

He'd hardly finished talking before Brexiteers MPs were saying this wasn't true. 

Forgive me for thinking that the Airbus CEO probably knows more about Airbus' plans than the MPs. 

In the case of Fujitsu, I am yet to see any remainers arguing that what was said isn't true. 

Do you see my point? 

Yeah but plenty of remainers poured scorn over dyson saying their HQ move had nothing to do with brexit.

31 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

Do you see my point? 

What you're reeeeeing at is a ceo posturing over something that is not the aim of the UK government, has never been the aim of the UK government and never will be the aim of the UK government. They don't want to leave without a deal. Collectively, MP's will not let us leave without a deal and for that matter the eu do not want us to leave without a deal. If it's not settled now, it will be pushed back. That's why firms like fujitsu are not panicking, because there's nothing to panic about. 

Yet still, constantly, we get this harping from CEOs who have no interest in this country beyond their own paycheck and if it was any other day, you'd be lambasting this ceo rightfully as a money grabbing cvnt bag, but because his reeeeeing matches your internal reeeeeeeing, then you're quite happy to parrot his ridiculous fear mongering over an outcome that is not sought or expected. 

Edited by Innovindil
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

What you're reeeeeing at is a ceo posturing over something that is not the aim of the UK government, has never been the aim of the UK government and never will be the aim of the UK government. They don't want to leave without a deal. Collectively, MP's will not let us leave without a deal and for that matter the eu do not want us to leave without a deal. If it's not settled now, it will be pushed back. That's why firms like fujitsu are not panicking, because there's nothing to panic about. 

Yet still, constantly, we get this harping from CEOs who have no interest in this country beyond their own paycheck and if it was any other day, you'd be lambasting this ceo rightfully as a money grabbing cvnt bag, but because his reeeeeing matches your internal reeeeeeeing, then you're quite happy to parrot his ridiculous fear mongering over an outcome that is not sought or expected. 

Again, you're not discussing any point I was making. 

I'm not talking about the rights and wrongs of Brexit here. 

I'm questioning why the no deal Brexiteers (as it is usually then piping up) keep denying direct quotes from company leaders. 

Whether or not it happens is irrelevant. 

The point is entirely about that small group of MPs refusing to let facts or evidence interfere with their grand plan of a no deal Brexit. 

Again, we remainers might moan but I'm not about to argue with the Fujitsu CEO about the future of his company. 

3 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

I'm questioning why the no deal Brexiteers (as it is usually then piping up) keep denying direct quotes from company leaders. 

The point is entirely about that small group of MPs refusing to let facts or evidence interfere with their grand plan of a no deal Brexit. 

Again, we remainers might moan but I'm not about to argue with the Fujitsu CEO about the future of his company. 

If you want to discuss quotes from brexit mps, you'll probably have to provide them. I didn't see any in the report I read and can't seem to find them with a cursory search on Google. 

Not like I'd want to talk for hard brexit mps mind, not a fan or on the same page tbh. 

1 hour ago, Toddybad said:

Do you see my point? 

I see selective reading again im afraid.

Whilst you not have explicitly stated it, the inferrence, even if not meant, in the context of this thread and "our" comments, is rebuffed further on in the same report.

Whilst you may not have meant it, you very obviously have your own agenda which is clear from your posts, in what is the single biggest talking point around, yet seem to be offended/irritated when people point out other info (especially in the same report) which contradicts your inferrence (intended or otherwise)

(Think i got away with that one ?)

I dont want to come across as a cyber bully but this is a forum, and your comments have a direct hit in terms of "triggering" me.

On the off chance, if you are in fact my wife, please remember i will be working late tonight.

4 hours ago, Toddybad said:

Airbus CEO:

Brexiteer MPs:

Fake news! 

Yeah democracy is a bitch.  ****ers think they can have everything their own way.

2 hours ago, Toddybad said:

Do you see my point? 

How long do you think it would take Airbus to build new factories to replace the UK ones, and at what cost?  Maybe more than a couple of months?  They are going nowhere at all.

2 hours ago, Toddybad said:

I'm not sure why you think we should suddenly listen to millionaire CEOs?  You Labour types usually hate the 1%, and now you want them to influence our democratic process?  Bit of a turnaround that. 

• Haha 2