Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

What's in the news?

Amazing story this week ...  nice to know they have an active love life ...  and a real shame cus Mildred hasn't got any fingers he can't buy her a ring.  Terrible that his mum won't go to the wedding imo and called him a c**t.   This story was funny enough when Postman Pat read it out to me as I was driving down the A5 but when he shook his head and said I can't see it lasting, I laughed that much I nearly hit an Eddie Stobart lorry going in the other direction ...     :)

IMG_1645.jpg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Amazing story this week ...  nice to know they have an active love life ...  and a real shame cus Mildred hasn't got any fingers he can't buy her a ring.  Terrible that his mum won't go to the wedding imo and called him a c**t.   This story was funny enough when Postman Pat read it out to me as I was driving down the A5 but when he shook his head and said I can't see it lasting, I laughed that much I nearly hit an Eddie Stobart lorry going in the other direction ...     :)

IMG_1645.jpg

He'll be wishing he'd never been born when it dies.

India man to sue parents for giving birth to him

A 27-year-old Indian man plans to sue his parents for giving birth to him without his consent.

Mumbai businessman Raphael Samuel told the BBC that it's wrong to bring children into the world because they then have to put up with lifelong suffering.

Mr Samuel, of course, understands that our consent can't be sought before we are born, but insists that "it was not our decision to be born".

So as we didn't ask to be born, we should be paid for the rest of our lives to live, he argues.

A demand like this could cause a rift within any family, but Mr Samuel says he gets along very well with his parents (both of whom are lawyers) and they appear to be dealing with it with a lot of humour.

In a statement, his mother Kavita Karnad Samuel explained her response to "the recent upheaval my son has created".

"I must admire my son's temerity to want to take his parents to court knowing both of us are lawyers. And if Raphael could come up with a rational explanation as to how we could have sought his consent to be born, I will accept my fault," she said.

Mr Samuel's belief is rooted in what's called anti-natalism - a philosophy that argues that life is so full of misery that people should stop procreating immediately.

More here ..... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-47154287

10 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

IMG_1645.jpg

He's only doing it for the buzz.

Mind you, plans for the reception are well-advanced. First dance will be to Gnat King Cole, followed by Midge Ure. Then she'll be attending to his flies.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

He'll be wishing he'd never been born when it dies.

India man to sue parents for giving birth to him

A 27-year-old Indian man plans to sue his parents for giving birth to him without his consent.

Mumbai businessman Raphael Samuel told the BBC that it's wrong to bring children into the world because they then have to put up with lifelong suffering.

Mr Samuel, of course, understands that our consent can't be sought before we are born, but insists that "it was not our decision to be born".

So as we didn't ask to be born, we should be paid for the rest of our lives to live, he argues.

A demand like this could cause a rift within any family, but Mr Samuel says he gets along very well with his parents (both of whom are lawyers) and they appear to be dealing with it with a lot of humour.

In a statement, his mother Kavita Karnad Samuel explained her response to "the recent upheaval my son has created".

"I must admire my son's temerity to want to take his parents to court knowing both of us are lawyers. And if Raphael could come up with a rational explanation as to how we could have sought his consent to be born, I will accept my fault," she said.

Mr Samuel's belief is rooted in what's called anti-natalism - a philosophy that argues that life is so full of misery that people should stop procreating immediately.

More here ..... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-47154287

:o ....    some amazing stories around at the moment Davie ....   must have something to do with the effect of the moon on the tides ...   here's another very interesting one that should be discussed ...   personally I think its a cracking excuse and will bear it in mind if they ever catch me with next doors skimpies in my pocket ... 

IMG_1644.jpg

1 hour ago, MattP said:

So that's the six tests gone I presume?

All still a bit vague, "a" customs union and close alignment to the single market means nothing in reality without finer detail.

I don't understand how we can sign up to something on workers rights, surely this is the job for the government post Brexit and nothing to do with the EU?

Gives them enough leeway to look like they want something different but to vote against whatever arrives.

I think the vagueness is quite clever and I think they are open to voting for something that's less than their demands. You can look at it two ways. First, they've written on paper what May's policy actually is, or where it de facto goes so puts her in a bit of a corner, either refuse to admit it and continue the struggle or admit it and get it through with Labour's support/abstention. Second, given Starmer's comments the other day, it could be that Labour wants to go further on the SM EEA-style (no need for the CU then though) and accept FoM, but doesn't want to admit this. The EAW bit is weird though, there's nobody in the country that wants to stay part of the EAW more than May. If it was possible, it would be the first thing agreed. 

Whether we can get a CU with a real say is up in the air. Turkey has some kind of input but not to the level we'd require, but also its the UK and not Turkey so we'd likely get more say. But this is still going to just be a case of a committee and some meetings to outline our requirements through the process and sitting in on some talks, doesn't mean we'd be listened to. And a CU, which is more black and white than SM, without a vote is in the long-run unsustainable.

Obviously on worker's rights they want to bind the hands of future governments for fear of a 'bonfire of workers rights'. Should be a job for future governments and is up there with the NHS collapsing or being sold off scaremongering myths.

This is their best route to an election

43 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

We'll find out a lot next week, I presume. There certainly isn't much further that the can be kicked. 

Can already being kicked to the end of Feb.

Edited by Kopfkino

34 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

I was under the impression she is looking to kick the vote can back to the end of Feb? 

10 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Can already being kicked to the end of Feb.

Hadn't seen that.....Alf misses Brexit news shocker! :D

17 hours ago, MattP said:

Pertinent given the comments of Donald Tusk today claiming some Brexiteers are going to hell.

Of all the weird statements we have had on this that might just be the strangest of them all, that little stage managed "leave the mic on" stunt with Varadker was just as peculiar. 

It's squeaky bum time - let's see who can hold their nerve.

I should think only the ignorant or stupid on either side can hold their nerve.

12 hours ago, MattP said:

lol 

This really has sent some people completely nuts.

What an exhibitionist. Pathetic.

42 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Woooooo, they're calling each other names now!

The leaders of the West. It is all so pathetic.

5 minutes ago, FIF said:

I should think only the ignorant or stupid on either side can hold their nerve.

What an exhibitionist. Pathetic.

The leaders of the West. It is all so pathetic.

Its so annoying.

The comments below are funny.  Someone questioned the necessity of her nude stunt and she replied to the effect of ''what?! you think women should be ashamed of their naked form?!''  or some such bullshit

What a ****ing leap. And if anyone listening to her was pro-Brexit and had any doubts they're sure to be full on Brexit after that shower of a display

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Its so annoying.

The comments below are funny.  Someone questioned the necessity of her nude stunt and she replied to the effect of ''what?! you think women should be ashamed of their naked form?!''  or some such bullshit

What a ****ing leap. And if anyone listening to her was pro-Brexit and had any doubts they're sure to be full on Brexit after that shower of a display

I'm more interested to know if there was a higher precentage of Brexiteers or Remainers who only wathced the clip to see her naked?

Back to FACTS.

My son who works for the police in France has received a letter saying that he cannot work for the police as of the end of March because he is not a French National.

As you may know he has lived here for the whole of his life except the first year, only paid French taxes, been given recommendations for his work and loves his job. I can't see how this can even be legal given the fact that the UK are still in the EU at the moment.

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

I'm more interested to know if there was a higher precentage of Brexiteers or Remainers who only wathced the clip to see her naked?

Back to FACTS.

My son who works for the police in France has received a letter saying that he cannot work for the police as of the end of March because he is not a French National.

As you may know he has lived here for the whole of his life except the first year, only paid French taxes, been given recommendations for his work and loves his job. I can't see how this can even be legal given the fact that the UK are still in the EU at the moment.

Thats ridiculous.  How is he not a citizen there?  Is this partially down to churlish French policy?  Their policies effect my line of work worse than Brexit has

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Thats ridiculous.  How is he not a citizen there?  Is this partially down to churlish French policy?  Their policies effect my line of work worse than Brexit has

He's been on the waiting list for French nationality for years. The Bordeaux region is particularly slow.

5 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Typical comment from Tusk …. the man who comes from a country who gets more money than any other from the EU.

Remember 70 odd years ago when we helped save your country from the Germans … your EU bosom buddies.

I'm not sure that most Poles felt "saved" at the end of WW 2 although its unarguable that their plight required us to stand up to the Nazis 

13 hours ago, MattP said:

lol 

This really has sent some people completely nuts.

Absolute state of that lol

You think she'd have had a bit of a trim before going on stage.

• Haha 2

It really does beggar belief that nobody stands back and admits this isn't what was promised

https://amp.ft.com/content/7beae1d2-2a39-11e9-a5ab-ff8ef2b976c7?__twitter_impression=true

Brexit

Business expresses fury at UK failure to roll over EU trade deals

Confidential briefing hears government cannot guarantee rollover of most current EU FTAs

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-pro
Out in the cold: Even deals with big trading partners such as Canada and South Korea are in doubt

February 6, 2019 10:05 pm by Sarah Gordon and Peter Campbell in London and Jim Brunsden in Brussels

The UK government has told businesses it cannot guarantee the British economy will be covered by “most” of the EU’s global network of trade agreements immediately after Brexit — even if parliament approves Theresa May’s divorce deal with Brussels.

The admission by the Department for International Trade that the UK will fail to conclude trade deals with most non-EU countries by the scheduled Brexit date of March 29 infuriated many executives taking part in a briefing.

The DIT told 30 business representatives on Wednesday that, while trade agreements with Switzerland, Israel and some African nations would be wrapped up before Brexit, there was no certainty that other deals Brussels has with countries around with the world could be rolled over or duplicated in time.

Even deals with big trading partners such as Canada and South Korea are in doubt.

The EU has 40 preferential trade agreements covering 71 countries, which the UK needs to roll over whether or not it agrees a withdrawal deal with Brussels.

Participants in the meeting were told its content was confidential, meaning that organisations are not able to brief their members in detail on the government’s lack of preparedness.

I am particularly worried about small businesses, who may not even know that their trading depends on some of these agreements

Person briefed by DIT

“I am particularly worried about small businesses, who may not even know that their trading depends on some of these agreements,” one person at the briefing said, warning that retailers could also be particularly badly affected.

Several participants expressed their frustration at the government’s approach, saying it was irresponsible not to provide a definitive list of countries with which the UK had failed to make an agreement.

The impact of failing to conclude free-trade agreements with partners as significant as Turkey and Japan would seriously affect businesses, many of which may not even be aware of the impact, they said.

The UK has argued that provisions in its draft withdrawal agreement with the EU say that Britain should continue to enjoy the benefits as well as the obligations of trade deals with third parties during the post-Brexit transition period.

Brussels has also said that, under the terms of the deal, it will “notify” other countries that Britain should continue to be treated as if it is still an EU member state during the transition.

However, it is up to individual countries outside the EU to agree to this approach. This means that, even if a withdrawal agreement is concluded in time for 29 March, it does not guarantee the continuation of EU-negotiated trading arrangements with countries outside the bloc.

Recommended

The business representatives at Wednesday’s meeting included the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders, the Institute of Directors, the EEF engineers body and big manufacturers including Ford.

Car manufacturers such as Ford, which uses Turkey as an important staging post in its supply chain, believe the government is underestimating the severe impact if current trading arrangements with the country lapse after Brexit.

Another person at the meeting said it was particularly frustrating that business organisations were briefed in confidence by government and were unable to inform their members of the discussions.

“They need to know exactly what is at risk at this point,” this person said. “The government should list exactly which FTAs will lapse, otherwise businesses simply can’t prepare at all.”

A government spokesperson would not comment on “a private meeting” but maintained their priority was to ensure no disruption to global trading relationships and prepare for all eventualities, including a ‘no-deal’ Brexit.

“In the event of ‘no-deal’ we will seek to bring into force bilateral agreements from 29 March or as soon as possible thereafter.

“We are making good progress on securing deals and have signed agreements with Chile, the Faroe Islands, and Eastern and Southern African Economic Partnership Agreement states. We have Mutual Recognition Agreements with Australia and New Zealand, and expect others to follow soon. We have also agreed the text of a trade agreement with Switzerland, which the government expects to sign shortly.”

Edited by Toddybad

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Does make you wonder if the government really do want a successful country or just a totalitarian state where everyone is jobless and they can rule unchallenged.

We are a democracy, of course they want a successful country or they'll be voted out of office.