Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chapero82

Silva back to ....................

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Because if we're talking about a 5th choice option that doesn't play, you're better off having a cheaper James than an expensive Silva. You can cash in on Silva and buy someone who actually fits in with what the manager wants from his cm's.

If we are now playing three in the middle then why is he 5th choice?

Makes sense to play 3 dm when away or playing a team that will come at us.

Iborra has gone, King is finished, James is injury prone.

We need someone who can move the ball forward, with two dms alongside him it could work.

If we have someone else coming in then I have no problem with shipping him out and he certainly doesn't seem to work in a two so could be improved upon.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

If we are now playing three in the middle then why is he 5th choice?

Makes sense to play 3 dm when away or playing a team that will come at us.

Iborra has gone, King is finished, James is injury prone.

We need someone who can move the ball forward, with two dms alongside him it could work.

If we have someone else coming in then I have no problem with shipping him out and he certainly doesn't seem to work in a two so could be improved upon.

I'm presuming we'll bring in another should Silva and Iborra leave, so James would be 5th choice. New CM, Ndidi, Mendy, Hamza, James.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I'm presuming we'll bring in another should Silva and Iborra leave, so James would be 5th choice. New CM, Ndidi, Mendy, Hamza, James.

Sorry, thought you meant Silva was 5th choice.

I'd sooner go for a replacement than keep Silva, clearly gifted but too slow and not strong enough for the PL (hence my comment about playing in a three).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Why would PSG take him. Monaco is a good shout, they're in trouble and could use him.

PSG only really have 3 senior centre mids in Rabiot (26) Rabiot (23) and Nkunku (21) and they have been linked with some older centre mids this season like Doucoure so could be they are looking for a more experienced/older player to come in 

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

This is crazy... how could it be judged that he's good enough for PSG but not for us? Give him another chance in a midfield of 3 Puel... :mad:

PSG are 13pts clear with two games in hand. They're also restricted by FFP this season. So an international experienced CM to come and play in a league full of barely professional teams isn't bad business is it?

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

PSG are 13pts clear with two games in hand. They're also restricted by FFP this season. So an international experienced CM to come and play in a league full of barely professional teams isn't bad business is it?

Leicester City are comfortably midtable with no risk of relegation, but are struggling to create attacking opportunities as their first choice midfielders are all primarily defensive... If only there were an international experienced attacking CM on their books that they could try our in their 4-3-3 system... Best get searching :ph34r:

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

Leicester City are comfortably midtable with no risk of relegation, but are struggling to create attacking opportunities as their first choice midfielders are all primarily defensive... If only there were an international experienced attacking CM on their books that they could try our in their 4-3-3 system... Best get searching :ph34r:

In bold is exactly why we can afford to let people go now for the right offer.

Also we've all watch Silva on the occasions he's had a chance to impress.... i've seen no forward intent from him, just another plodder from what he's shown so far. 

I would have loved to see him get more of a chance, but the 6 months off killed his career. 

6 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

Anyone reckon that a substantial part of the fee was for appearances and we don't want to pay Sporting? Would explain a lot about the situation.

Just had a look and he has made 14 premier league appearances for us, could well be that there is a clause where we have to pay them when he hits 15/20 appearances

5 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Loan I'm told not done yet but close. 

I hear the boss dude from Fenerbahce is over here currently sorting it all out;- 

http://sportwitness.co.uk/director-flies-finalise-deal-sign-leicester-city-midfielder/

Yeah yeah i know its not the most reliable of sources, but gives some credence to what Fin is saying. 

Only we can offer a player to Monaco and PSG but have him behind Andy King and Matty James in our pecking order!!!

I've said from day one, the guy is quality and he's proven it before he came to us.

We should of found a way to make this work and, given the state of our midfield currently, im stunned as to how we haven't.

If anyone watches back the first game against United this season, he started and did very well. That's his only league start.

I get some players don't fit in at certain clubs etc but I just find all of this bizarre. Strong rumours about are that he trains well and impresses team mates etc but cant seem to break in.... something not right somewhere

• Like 2