Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chapero82

Silva back to ....................

1 minute ago, Claridge said:

Why?save us 50%. 

No one will sign him and pay his full wages. Never going to play for us again, so save some money. Easily the worst signing the club has ever made

Sporting have money.

They are a relatively big club, they are a selling club. They have 28.9 million what we have them for Silva.

They are just trying to pull the wool and get him for next to nothing.

It rather bite the bullet and keep him as a squad player

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

Why?save us 50%. 

No one will sign him and pay his full wages. Never going to play for us again, so save some money. Easily the worst signing the club has ever made

Better to cut our losses completely and start to save 100% of his wages every week.    I wonder if we have paid up all the installments on his original transfer?

The whole situation around Silva's transfer and the impact he's made have been bitterly disappointing for us fans, the club and the player. For all he's not shone, nothing has gone right the guy since Sporting accepted our offer. I'd be happy to see him moved along (preferably not back to Sporting!) as this is a necessity for all parties, and I hope his next move is much more successful for him.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 16:47, The Doctor said:

Honestly I feel like you can exclude Iheanacho, he's had a total of about 8 games playing in a system that's not hanging him out to dry - last two games of last season and Huddersfield-Arsenal this season, and in each of those spells he looked a good player. Question then is whether he's good enough to build around. 

I still cannot believe this, he has been dross and has had over a year and someone here still think nacho is not a fail signing.

Nacho has been lucky that slimani and ulloa are not here else he would already be not even getting a look in to the team following his performances.

I dont think he is our worst signing ever, I mean musa was bad, I still remember ade akinbiyi, but nacho is up there, he would make it to the final draw.  The only thing in nachos favour is his age, and if we keep him long term, the best thing for club and player is he is loaned out.

Nacho has a nice shot on him, but thats pretty much it, if you have a team good enough that can keep him planted in front of the goal, and provide him nice slow passes his weak touch can control then yeah he might be useful, pep must be laughing so hard, we got nacho, they got mahrez.  For a net cost of 35 million.

--

In regards to silva, the horrible handling of his transfer is what ruined his career here, we completely messed it up, I told people here it would have repercussions, not only has it been an expensive failure (was it worth haggling over that 4 million saving now DOF?), but the fact he couldnt play a competitive game for half a season left him horribly match unfit and not fluid with the rest of the team on the pitch, so that was always going to be a massive uphill battle. 

Edited by Chrysalis

Inconiminh t

8 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I still cannot believe this, he has been dross and has had over a year and someone here still think nacho is not a fail signing.

Nacho has been lucky that slimani and ulloa are not here else he would already be not even getting a look in to the team following his performances.

I dont think he is our worst signing ever, I mean musa was bad, I still remember ade akinbiyi, but nacho is up there, he would make it to the final draw.  The only thing in nachos favour is his age, and if we keep him long term, the best thing for club and player is he is loaned out.

Nacho has a nice shot on him, but thats pretty much it, if you have a team good enough that can keep him planted in front of the goal, and provide him nice slow passes his weak touch can control then yeah he might be useful, pep must be laughing so hard, we got nacho, they got mahrez.  For a net cost of 35 million.

--

In regards to silva, the horrible handling of his transfer is what ruined his career here, we completely messed it up, I told people here it would have repercussions, not only has it been an expensive failure (was it worth haggling over that 4 million saving now DOF?), but the fact he couldnt play a competitive game for half a season left him horribly match unfit and not fluid with the rest of the team on the pitch, so that was always going to be a massive uphill battle. 

Strong post just hours before the Nacho Man kicks off this year’s version of his trademark FA Cup goalscoring bonanza.

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

--

Agreed and all this bollocks about our 'system' hanging him out to dry! If he can't play as a main striker on his own or as a number 10 just off the main striker there's not much hope left really is there? This 'fox in the box' cry is a myth as to any good at that he'd have to move around a bit and get in a position to receive the ball. His movement off the ball is shocking as is his effort at times.

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Agreed and all this bollocks about our 'system' hanging him out to dry! If he can't play as a main striker on his own or as a number 10 just off the main striker there's not much hope left really is there? This 'fox in the box' cry is a myth as to any good at that he'd have to move around a bit and get in a position to receive the ball. His movement off the ball is shocking as is his effort at times.

He can play as a 10 behind a main striker pretty well tbh, he links up quite nicely with Vardy there. He just gets played there with Vardy very, very rarely which was Doctor's point. 

Usually he gets lumped up top on his own which he's crap at. To make it worse, when he's up top on his own it's often in a system where Maddison has been chucked out on the wing and he's got no support at all immediately behind him. 

He gets dropped from the side after every disappointing game. He's been the worst handled player by Puel in a long time. 

Now maybe his attitude is terrible in training, maybe he's appalling at keeping himself fit and he doesn't work hard off the pitch. We don't actually know why CP lacks faith in him. 

But he's definitely been scapegoated and abused by most of our supporters who are too thick to look past the context and just want a player to shout abuse at. 

• Like 2

I maybe delusional and blinkered, but this lads failure absolutely bemuses me. He came with PROVEN pedigree and started matches for Portugal in the recent WC. How is it that he's viewed as being 5/6th choice and beyond redemption? He hasn't come across as a primadonna so I think the club, coaches etc have fecked this right up 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I maybe delusional and blinkered, but this lads failure absolutely bemuses me. He came with PROVEN pedigree and started matches for Portugal in the recent WC. How is it that he's viewed as being 5/6th choice and beyond redemption? He hasn't come across as a primadonna so I think the club, coaches etc have fecked this right up 

I honestly think he would have had a decent shot had the story re Sporting not came out a few months ago but that coupled with a poor display against Wolves away and he’s been done.

3 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Letting this guy go instead of James and King! Great decision.

Club are trying to move King on and nobody is going to buy James after just coming back from injury and his injury record, your right they probably both need moving on but so does Silva. We need one in though if Iborra is to go aswell 

12 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He wouldn't have been at the world cup though if there hadn't been injury problems. Even so, when he played there he was largely very poor in fairness. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nathan. said:

He wasn't ever given a real chance. 

Reminds me of Kramaric.

Perhaps, but he didn't do much in those games where he did feature and the manager clearly doesn't rate him.