Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chapero82

Silva back to ....................

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

So, he's off and we're going to have Andy King, a bloke who you last got got excited about being in the starting lineup when Sven was the manager, and James, who'll be injured again before the end of the month as back up. Genuinely baffling. We've got to have a CM lined up to sign surely? 

If we don’t then something absolutely stinks. 

We’d be a couple of Injuries away from King and James lining up in a 3 against one of the top 6 and that thought scares me.

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Sooner have either of those compared with Silva tbh.

Why? Silva's not been great but they're upper championship, maybe lower premier league, level at best. Not what we want or at the level we need. If they were being signed now we'd be totally underwhelmed. They're the two that need shipping out and replacing really

• Like 2

Personally i think at 31 points the execs/mgmt figures we are or will be safe seeing as 10 points should be more than enough from our remaining games to stay up. If we get rid of "dead weight" or those they have deemed surplus to requirements then it makes it easier to recruit heavily in the summer. The problem is our recruitment strategy is dire. Lol

Wage bill is our problem in bringing players in, the likes of Silva and Iborra are hardly on peanuts. 

Personally think we also need to shift on King and James in this window too, get another midfielder in + a striker and a winger we should be in a better position.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Can’t see him staying. Newport would have been the perfect match to give him a restart.

I think Claude decided he wasn't part of his plans long ago.

Edited by Tuna

10 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Why? Silva's not been great but they're upper championship, maybe lower premier league, level at best. Not what we want or at the level we need. If they were being signed now we'd be totally underwhelmed. They're the two that need shipping out and replacing really

Silva is clearly not up to it and sadly King isn't also. The jury is out on James really depending on the recovery from injury. A fit again James however would always get in our team over Silva as he can cope with the pace, is far stronger and overall has more to offer,  which is why Puel certainly picked him ahead of Iborra who in turn, offered more than Silva. He may not have an exotic name or seem less fashionable, but for the Premiership, he's a much more valid option for me. Silva showed no redeeming features. 

20 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Silva is clearly not up to it and sadly King isn't also. The jury is out on James really depending on the recovery from injury. A fit again James however would always get in our team over Silva as he can cope with the pace, is far stronger and overall has more to offer,  which is why Puel certainly picked him ahead of Iborra who in turn, offered more than Silva. He may not have an exotic name or seem less fashionable, but for the Premiership, he's a much more valid option for me. Silva showed no redeeming features. 

A fit again James is an impossibility. The jury isn't out on James, he's not good enough when fit and isn't ever fit anyway

• Like 2

I would say we have no bloody idea if James can be good enough because he hasn't been fit for an decent run in the side for years.  Absolutely no way can we rely on him a) staying fit or b) being good enough.  We are not a charity.  We better be getting someone in.

48 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I would say we have no bloody idea if James can be good enough because he hasn't been fit for an decent run in the side for years.  Absolutely no way can we rely on him a) staying fit or b) being good enough.  We are not a charity.  We better be getting someone in.

probably some young french guy....

12 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Because if we're talking about a 5th choice option that doesn't play, you're better off having a cheaper James than an expensive Silva. You can cash in on Silva and buy someone who actually fits in with what the manager wants from his cm's.

40 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because if we're talking about a 5th choice option that doesn't play, you're better off having a cheaper James than an expensive Silva. You can cash in on Silva and buy someone who actually fits in with what the manager wants from his cm's.

That's not what was discussed though - the post I was responding to said they'd rather rely on James than Silva against the top six. Which is pure madness

13 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Can’t see him staying. Newport would have been the perfect match to give him a restart.

This. Why on earth would Puel play a clearly unfit James and give minutes to King who will likely never play for us again. 

I think it is very clear Puel wants Silva out in this window. I think it's a shame as although he has struggled in his handful of showings for us, I still believe he should have been given more game time to try and adapt. 

He certainly doesn't seem to think his time is over yet or at least not giving up, judging by his latest social media post. Hopefully he is able to earn himself another chance, before we completely write him off and lose what would be a lot of money on him. 

Edited by STUHILL

21 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

This. Why on earth would Puel play a clearly unfit James and give minutes to King who will likely never play for us again. 

I think it is very clear Puel wants Silva out in this window. I think it's a shame as although he has struggled in his handful of showings for us, I still believe he should have been given more game time to try and adapt. 

He certainly doesn't seem to think his time is over yet or at least not giving up, judging by his latest social media post. Hopefully he is able to earn himself another chance, before we completely write him off and lose what would be a lot of money on him. 

Because much like Iborra there is clearly a deal being worked on. Puel doesn't want King either lets not forget, but if no deal is close for him then he's going to play over Silva.

I can't even believe this is an argument after what happened with Iborra going, after people were saying "why didn't Iborra play"... it seems obvious if you read between the lines just as it was with Iborra.

Edited by Babylon

Just now, Babylon said:

Because much like Iborra there is clearly a deal being worked on. Puel doesn't want King either lets not forget, but if no deal is close for him then he's going to play over Silva.

I can't even believe this is an argument after what happened with Iborra going, after people were saying "why didn't Iborra play"... it seems obvious if you read between the lines.

Helps if you don't post before reading the second line of my post...

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

A fit again James is an impossibility. The jury isn't out on James, he's not good enough when fit and isn't ever fit anyway

I can't really argue with the fitness. Albeit Mendy was hugely written off by many on here, this is twice with James with us now and one with Man Utd! IF fully fit I do however think him decent as cover and when he did last play,  certainly and just in my opinion, more effective than King or Silva. 

22 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I still believe he should have been given more game time to try and adapt.

Scenario.... Puel plays Silva for 10 games, we start slipping down the table and losing points. Would you slate Puel, or would you say "well at least he gave Silva a chance".

I know what most would say, because we had the same with Iheanacho. "Why isn't Shakespeare playing him, Shakespeare is an idiot". Why isn't Puel playing him, Puel is an idiot... **Iheanacho plays a few games**... "Iheanacho is shit, Puel is an idiot for playing him".

• Haha 2